Did I just hallucinate?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Did I just hallucinate?
If you missed it in a previous post from me, my husband is and always has been religious. It was just recently that I told him of my decision to turn away from religion and the idea of god. It didn't go over very well. Anyways...

I sent him a text earlier and told him about the "Deconverted" book tour (he knows I just finished reading it) at Fox and Hound in Houston tomorrow night, and let him know that I really want to go, even if it means going alone. We live about 60 miles away.

HE OFFERED TO TAKE ME.

Shocking

I said,"well now, I don't want you to go if you'll be uncomfortable". His reply:

"Arguing with you makes me uncomfortable. There's no way I'm letting this come between us and if it makes you happy, then I'll be glad to take you. But don't expect me to want to hang out all night."

I'm still in shock and really nervous...
Blink

I once was blind...but now, I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like milk_milk_lemonade's post
27-03-2013, 10:44 AM
RE: Did I just hallucinate?
(27-03-2013 10:41 AM)milk_milk_lemonade Wrote:  If you missed it in a previous post from me, my husband is and always has been religious. It was just recently that I told him of my decision to turn away from religion and the idea of god. It didn't go over very well. Anyways...

I sent him a text earlier and told him about the "Deconverted" book tour (he knows I just finished reading it) at Fox and Hound in Houston tomorrow night, and let him know that I really want to go, even if it means going alone. We live about 60 miles away.

HE OFFERED TO TAKE ME.

Shocking

I said,"well now, I don't want you to go if you'll be uncomfortable". His reply:

"Arguing with you makes me uncomfortable. There's no way I'm letting this come between us and if it makes you happy, then I'll be glad to take you. But don't expect me to want to hang out all night."

Blink

I don't know if that is really good or really bad. Either you found a great, understanding guy that is open to loving and accepting you despite your differences or he is going to drop you off and never come back Confused I'm an atheist and my husband is a believer as well. I don't think he would nearly as understanding, so I think you found a good guy and should be thankful and proud. It's great to find someone who loves you for you. Have fun!

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
[+] 1 user Likes kellyrm's post
27-03-2013, 10:48 AM
(27-03-2013 10:44 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(27-03-2013 10:41 AM)milk_milk_lemonade Wrote:  If you missed it in a previous post from me, my husband is and always has been religious. It was just recently that I told him of my decision to turn away from religion and the idea of god. It didn't go over very well. Anyways...

HE OFFERED TO TAKE ME.

Shocking

Blink

I don't know if that is really good or really bad. Either you found a great, understanding guy that is open to loving and accepting you despite your differences or he is going to drop you off and never come back Confused I'm an atheist and my husband is a believer as well. I don't think he would nearly as understanding, so I think you found a good guy and should be thankful and proud. It's great to find someone who loves you for you. Have fun!

Thanks.....it is rather frightening. I'm just hoping this isn't going to turn into a "well, i went with you to THIS, so now you have to do THIS."

Know what I mean?

27-03-2013, 10:52 AM
(27-03-2013 10:48 AM)milk_milk_lemonade Wrote:  
(27-03-2013 10:44 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  I don't know if that is really good or really bad. Either you found a great, understanding guy that is open to loving and accepting you despite your differences or he is going to drop you off and never come back Confused I'm an atheist and my husband is a believer as well. I don't think he would nearly as understanding, so I think you found a good guy and should be thankful and proud. It's great to find someone who loves you for you. Have fun!

Thanks.....it is rather frightening. I'm just hoping this isn't going to turn into a "well, i went with you to THIS, so now you have to do THIS."

Know what I mean?
You let him know that he doesn't have to go. If he tries to use it against you later, it may only be fair that you remain as open-minded as he is being now. However, he should also offer you the same courtesy of not making you go unless you want to if this is the case.

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
27-03-2013, 10:59 AM
(27-03-2013 10:52 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(27-03-2013 10:48 AM)milk_milk_lemonade Wrote:  Thanks.....it is rather frightening. I'm just hoping this isn't going to turn into a "well, i went with you to THIS, so now you have to do THIS."

Know what I mean?
You let him know that he doesn't have to go. If he tries to use it against you later, it may only be fair that you remain as open-minded as he is being now. However, he should also offer you the same courtesy of not making you go unless you want to if this is the case.

At this point, I feel as though I should take what I can get lol

27-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Sounds promising!
There ARE couples with differing views on god that manage quite well.
Good luck and keep an open mind. He seems to be!

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post
27-03-2013, 11:14 AM
(27-03-2013 11:11 AM)Heathen Wrote:  Sounds promising!
There ARE couples with differing views on god that manage quite well.
Good luck and keep an open mind. He seems to be!

Thanks! This is certainly not something I ever anticipated.....so i'm not sure how to handle it yet....obviously lol.

27-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Sounds to me like he is afraid of losing you and willing to try to understand your deconversion.
Or perhaps he is just afraid you'll meet a hot atheist dude. Wink

My wife is a believer and I am atheist but we manage. We agree on most other things and are tolerant of each other's beliefs. We can joke and take jabs at each other but both know that there is a line we will not cross. There are never insults or harsh words and we NEVER get into a situation where one is trying to convert or preach to the other.

I wish you well.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
27-03-2013, 11:53 AM
Women... Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post
27-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Who knows - he might even be curious or have some hidden doubts himself...

Just don't try to influence him in any way.

On the other hand, maybe he hopes to debate someone - is he that type?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man