Did Jesus Commit Suicide?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2014, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2014 02:29 PM by Wicked Clown.)
Did Jesus Commit Suicide?
I think it's pretty clear that Jesus was severely schizophrenic, or at least mentally and emotional disturbed, but was He also suicidal?

Okay, so first off, God created the Devil knowing in advance that He would rebel against him and lead mankind astray. He created Adam and Eve and tempted them with a fruit tree that He knew in advance they would eat from. Then He cursed all of their their descendants and made their lives miserable for something they didn't do, and decided that He was going to get executed to redeem them. He then chose to die for mankind to save them from a curse (that he gave them) when His death wasn't even necessary.

So apparently he was looking for a fight otherwise why create Satan and all these Angels that you know are going to hate you? Then become man and choose an Apostle that you know is going to betray you for silver. And then you are killed by the very people you create and you gave them the very concupiscence and temptation that would lead them to make this decision. And their decision was a good thing in the eyes of God and the will of God.

So he clearly wanted to die, obviously in a way that would get him a lot of attention and sympathy. So if a human being Creates something that He/she knows is going to be responsible for his/her death, and chooses a premeditated decision on how they want to die, and the the time and place, isn't that suicide? Or at least an assisted suicide.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 03:48 PM
RE: Did Jesus Commit Suicide?
There was another thread about this recently.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...it-suicide

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
04-08-2014, 03:53 PM
No... I've tried it. There's just no way to get the last nail in.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Sam's post
05-08-2014, 02:52 AM
Well if you listen to TTA podcast about evidence for Jesus existence, I came to the conclusion that Jesus wasn't even a real person, he didn't exist. So therefore he cannot have commit suicide because he never lived.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
05-08-2014, 06:13 AM
Can you you take a shotgun and blow your own head of and regrow it? Once you know what rigor mortis is the death story of Jesus falls apart. "Sacrifice" or "suicide" it is still a scientifically absurd story, not to mention immoral on top of that

The fact is once your organs fail beyond reversal on the cell level and the cells decay, you die and stay dead. Your brain IS you. You will feel after death what you feel before you were born, nothing.

Now on a sense of logic, a "sacrifice" that is selfless is not one that seeks fame or attention. The soldiers of D-day died and stayed dead and won't go on to be gods demanding worship.

The immoral part of this story, is it takes your personal decision making and puts it into a third party's hands. It is up to me, not a third party, as to whom I forgive or not forgive. You do not need a third party telling you to keep peace. You can keep peace without forgiving someone. The only reason for the Jesus story is glorify a club and religion. It has nothing to do with forgiveness and peacemaking. It is a marketing ploy.

Now please, I am a flaming liberal and really do not have any intent in forcing the end of religion. The criticisms above are strictly about the concepts and claims and story lines in the books and the common arguments I get from Christians.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user