Did Jesus DIE for our sins?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2014, 01:30 AM
Did Jesus DIE for our sins?
Right, we've all heard the story about how God sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins and three days later he rose from the dead.

My questions to Christians - Did God cheat?

I mean.. yes it's high and mighty to sacrific your own son to a bunch of people, but this is God you are talking about. Yes, he allowed for his son to die, but three days later, he reincarnated him.

Isn't that cheating?

I think he isn't that great after all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2014, 01:35 AM
RE: Did Jesus DIE for our sins?
I think it would be cheating if it actually happened.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
03-11-2014, 01:38 AM
It's an ancient fluff piece. Jesus might have been real but he did not rise from death nor was he related to any supernatural diety.
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
03-11-2014, 01:38 AM
I never understood how anyone can think that personal responsibility is a trade commodity. In that you can be burdened with someone else's debt or have it taken away, through no action on your part.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 8 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-11-2014, 01:57 AM
The whole ridiculous concept was invented by Paul.

The real Jesus, if he ever even existed, died for one reason only, because he was an insurgent who tried to start a war with Rome.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2014, 02:13 AM
You guys don't know very much about your theology do you?

Lets say we lived in the days of legal slavery... not like we don't subtly live in slavery now, in many regards, but I mean the blatant slavery like was experienced in ancient middle eastern and european city-states.

Lets say One of your children, although you were wealthy, sold themselves into slavery because they couldn't wait on your inheritance. It doesn't become long before they find the slave master isn't the nice guy helping them out, that they imagined when they sold themselves for a fee.

If it looked to you like your child was going to live the rest of his life in abuse and misery and then die enslaved. Would you PAY to buy back your child? Yes or no?
03-11-2014, 02:16 AM
(03-11-2014 01:57 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  The whole ridiculous concept was invented by Paul.

The real Jesus, if he ever even existed, died for one reason only, because he was an insurgent who tried to start a war with Rome.

The Romans had no problem with Jesus... He taught the people to give to Caesar what was his. He taught love and when they tried to make Him king to lead a rebellion, He refused...

Another piece of bullshit propaganda now corrected and put to rest.
03-11-2014, 02:18 AM
Sorry Wolfy but comparing mortal slave owners to omnipotent beings ain't gonna fly here.
03-11-2014, 02:20 AM
(03-11-2014 01:38 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  It's an ancient fluff piece. Jesus might have been real but he did not rise from death nor was he related to any supernatural diety.

Then where do you suppose His body went to, and why weren't the Romans and the Priestly guards able to produce His body?

What about the witnesses to His resurrection? They all lied??

Why did the church take off like a shot all of a sudden, with thousands of people converting every day AT THAT time period? These would have been the eyewitnesses, all their friends and family... in spite of the fact they were killing Christians and did for the next almost 300 years.
03-11-2014, 02:21 AM
(03-11-2014 02:18 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Sorry Wolfy but comparing mortal slave owners to omnipotent beings ain't gonna fly here.

Then you don't know theology whatsoever. This is exactly the story of Christ. So WOULD you buy your child back or would you let him/her die in slavery?