Did Jesus DIE for our sins?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2014, 09:22 AM
RE: Did Jesus DIE for our sins?
(04-11-2014 10:51 PM)godnads Wrote:  OMG

Ok.. thanks for you input people. I think some of the posts might have gotten off track a bit. Nevertheless its really entertaining reading your replies.

So to get back to my question:

Because God so loved the world, he sent his only son to die for our sins right? But because Jesus came back to live again after three days. That means he didn't really die for us. So the original sin is still there. I'm just saying that God knew his son will come alive again, so he had nothing to loose, but gained all the respect from his followers.

It's funny, cause we always say the "sacrifice" shouldn't have been necessary to begin with since God has no rules to follow or people to answer to.

I'd like to think God knew the whole thing was bull and wiped out "original sin" without any problem, but just did the whole Jesus thing for more semi-disturbing admiration from the followers he knew would rarely cotton on to how unneeded it was.

Hell, Jesus is so powerful, how do we know he even felt pain on the cross? How do we know he even died? He could have just hung out in the cave, or fluttered up to heaven to chill for a few days and then teleported himself back into the cave. Since the whole "Holy Trinity" thing makes no sense whatsoever, maybe Jesus isn't even actually his kid and just some random puppet type thing he temporarily made.

Hobo

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 02:30 PM
OK so here's a thought - we hear that Jesus sacrificed himself for us. However, if it were truly a sacrifice, you would think that he had lost something. Yet, what really happened (if the story is even true) is that he spent a weekend in a cave before going to heaven--what is supposed to be the cushiest place in the universe. Thus, we are expected to devote our entire lives to him because he gave up 1 weekend![/b]

Celebrate Reason ‚óŹ Think For Yourself
www.theHeathensGuide.com
[Image: heathens-guide.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Eloi Eloi lama sabachthani?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
05-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Or, Or...now stay with me. OR...he could had just said you are forgiven and NOT sacrifice his son and allow his son to stay on earth and do MORE good things and. Oh..I don't know. Maybe this might be a kinda silly thought but, Leave behind some sort of evidenece that he..Oh..I dunno..."actually existed?"

You know, some bones, a tomb, belongings, actual documentation from actual "credible" sources during the actual time of his life instead of decades or hundreds of years later by completely anonymous writers.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 3 users Like Shadow Fox's post
05-11-2014, 06:00 PM
(05-11-2014 05:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Eloi Eloi lama sabachthani?

That's Aramaic.... it should actually be "Eli Eli" - Hebrew. Yeshua would have spoken Hebrew since he was a Jew. Unsure Just to be a weeny about it.

The passage goes on to say ...
"When some of those standing there heard this, they said, "He's calling Elijah." Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a stick, and offered it to Yeshua to drink. The rest said, "Now leave him alone. Let's see if Elijah comes to save him." ~ Matthew 27:46-49

Tough crowd, huh? Angel

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-11-2014, 06:06 PM
(05-11-2014 05:55 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Or, Or...now stay with me. OR...he could had just said you are forgiven and NOT sacrifice his son and allow his son to stay on earth and do MORE good things and. Oh..I don't know. Maybe this might be a kinda silly thought but, Leave behind some sort of evidenece that he..Oh..I dunno..."actually existed?"

You know, some bones, a tomb, belongings, actual documentation from actual "credible" sources during the actual time of his life instead of decades or hundreds of years later by completely anonymous writers.

That would make sense, you know that's not how it works, he has to have mysterious ways and all........

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
06-11-2014, 03:44 AM
YES! You've nailed it! (pardon the pun)

God/Jesus pulled a quick one over the people. It's not really a sacrifice. Nothing was lost but everything to gain for God. He got the praises and kudos for 'sacrificing' his own son.

Atlast, he is God, and yes Jesus probably didn't feel the pain. He's probably the greatest actor alive. Like you said, he might as well had a party in the cave which could be like the tardis with all his playboy angels.

Yeah!

(05-11-2014 09:22 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  It's funny, cause we always say the "sacrifice" shouldn't have been necessary to begin with since God has no rules to follow or people to answer to.

I'd like to think God knew the whole thing was bull and wiped out "original sin" without any problem, but just did the whole Jesus thing for more semi-disturbing admiration from the followers he knew would rarely cotton on to how unneeded it was.

Hell, Jesus is so powerful, how do we know he even felt pain on the cross? How do we know he even died? He could have just hung out in the cave, or fluttered up to heaven to chill for a few days and then teleported himself back into the cave. Since the whole "Holy Trinity" thing makes no sense whatsoever, maybe Jesus isn't even actually his kid and just some random puppet type thing he temporarily made.

Hobo
06-11-2014, 03:47 AM
That's what I'm saying.. nothing was sacrificed.. nothing lost. Therefore the contract's void.

[Image: 7136523_orig.png]

(05-11-2014 02:30 PM)JonDarbyXIII Wrote:  OK so here's a thought - we hear that Jesus sacrificed himself for us. However, if it were truly a sacrifice, you would think that he had lost something. Yet, what really happened (if the story is even true) is that he spent a weekend in a cave before going to heaven--what is supposed to be the cushiest place in the universe. Thus, we are expected to devote our entire lives to him because he gave up 1 weekend![/b]
[+] 1 user Likes godnads's post
06-11-2014, 03:51 AM
(03-11-2014 01:30 AM)godnads Wrote:  Right, we've all heard the story about how God sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins...
Well, I don't know how a person dedicates their death to everyone else's sins.

If Jesus existed and was a human then he was going to die at some stage. We all die eventually, be it by heart attack, syphilis, cancer, accident, death by cop, or whatever. We all die.

Death is nothing remarkable. Don't come to me and tell me how great sacrifice it was that Jesus died.

Now, If for some reason Jesus death is good for humanity, then if that fucker comes back, you know, the second coming and all. Then would it be good for us to kill that fucker again? Would that give the Christians more to get excited about. We could have a second Easter, maybe the Christians can wear a cross and an electric chair around their necks.

Praise be the sacrifice of Jesus. He died so that we could sin!
06-11-2014, 08:37 AM
(06-11-2014 03:51 AM)Stevil Wrote:  If Jesus existed and was a human then he was going to die at some stage.

Hmmm... never thought about that implication before. His death is irrelevent; it must be that it is just the torture that is important.

Quote:Praise be the sacrifice of Jesus. He died so that we could sin!

[Image: niEBEbM.png]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post