Did Jesus DIE for our sins?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2014, 02:40 AM
RE: Did Jesus DIE for our sins?
(03-11-2014 02:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 02:21 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Then you don't know theology whatsoever. This is exactly the story of Christ. So WOULD you buy your child back or would you let him/her die in slavery?

So I take it that reading comprehension and imagination were not high on your to-do list growing up?

Keyword there is omnipotent. While it's meaning is fun to ponder, it's place in the Bible makes the whole thing absurd. An all-powerful creator of the universe need not employ a convoluted Rube Goldberg mechanism of substitutionary atonement in order to fix a system he broke in the first place.

So in other words, why buy back the slave when you have to power to fix things instantly by will alone? Apparently you lack the imagination to contemplate these things. Drinking Beverage

Didn't you guys say that would be cheating? Doesn't ANYTHING please you?

First youre complaining that God was cheating, and when its shown He paid our price with His own blood, taking the hard way and not cheating at all... now you want to reverse it and say He should have cheated, which was your original charge against Him in the first place.

Make up your minds what you mean and what you want.

He took no shortcuts... He bought us back with His own blood.. So what... you want Him to cheat and BLINK THINGS RIGHT or you want Him to do it right... in ways that show the character WE should strive for?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2014, 02:42 AM
(03-11-2014 02:36 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 02:20 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Then where do you suppose His body went to, and why weren't the Romans and the Priestly guards able to produce His body?

This story is hearsay written decades or centuries after the supposed events. Zero evidence that it actually occurred.

(03-11-2014 02:20 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  What about the witnesses to His resurrection? They all lied??

Lied? Most likely they never even existed. Zero evidence for their existence, zero eye-witness accounts, everything we do have is hearsay and decades or centuries after the supposed events.

(03-11-2014 02:20 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Why did the church take off like a shot all of a sudden, with thousands of people converting every day AT THAT time period?

That's a lie. Christianity was still a mostly unknown Podunk fringe cult for centuries.

(03-11-2014 02:20 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  These would have been the eyewitnesses, all their friends and family... in spite of the fact they were killing Christians and did for the next almost 300 years.

There are no eye-witness accounts of anything regarding Jesus supposed life, death, or resurrection. Zero.

Also, lying about it won't change the facts, so there is that...

Wow... every time you open your mouth now youre showing what you don't know... Where did the book of mark come from? You tell me.
03-11-2014, 02:43 AM
(03-11-2014 02:39 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 02:32 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Quit showing you don't know a damned thing about the VERY BASIC precepts of Christianity too if you're going to be posting about it, educate yourselves first. This is EXACTLY what the story of Christ is about. Read a theology book or something sheesh.

You never gave your answer... WOULD YOU buy your child back, yes or no?

No? You'd let them die in slavery?

I wouldn't let them become slaves in the first place. Especially if I were an omnipotent god.

Are you saying you would force your will on them and not allow their own choices? You would make a race of slaves for yourself?
03-11-2014, 02:46 AM
According to Lawrence Krauss, "It seems to me amazing that you solve the problems of the world by having [Jesus] violently tortured and sacraficed for the sins of a nonexistent for-bearer who made the mistake of taking an apple from a rib woman."

at about 27:42 Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaHxBFwod9Q

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
03-11-2014, 02:47 AM
(03-11-2014 02:40 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 02:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So I take it that reading comprehension and imagination were not high on your to-do list growing up?

Keyword there is omnipotent. While it's meaning is fun to ponder, it's place in the Bible makes the whole thing absurd. An all-powerful creator of the universe need not employ a convoluted Rube Goldberg mechanism of substitutionary atonement in order to fix a system he broke in the first place.

So in other words, why buy back the slave when you have to power to fix things instantly by will alone? Apparently you lack the imagination to contemplate these things. Drinking Beverage

Didn't you guys say that would be cheating? Doesn't ANYTHING please you?

First youre complaining that God was cheating, and when its shown He paid our price with His own blood, taking the hard way and not cheating at all... now you want to reverse it and say He should have cheated, which was your original charge against Him in the first place.

He took no shortcuts... He bought us back with His own blood.. So what... you want Him to cheat and BLINK THINGS RIGHT or you want Him to do it right... in ways that show the character WE should strive for?

You have shown nothing. Nothing.
03-11-2014, 02:50 AM
(03-11-2014 02:46 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  According to Lawrence Krauss, "It seems to me amazing that you solve the problems of the world by having [Jesus] violently tortured and sacraficed for the sins of a nonexistent for-bearer who made the mistake of taking an apple from a rib woman."

at about 27:42 Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaHxBFwod9Q

I see you aren't knowledgeable about the symbology of the ancient Hebrew . So why do you post if its just going to be wrong every time? Smile

The subject is whether or not God cheated... you should stop spamming and discuss whether He cheated or not.

Now... WOULD YOU buy back a child of yours that sold themselves into slavery? Yes or no?
03-11-2014, 02:50 AM
(03-11-2014 02:43 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 02:39 AM)pablo Wrote:  I wouldn't let them become slaves in the first place. Especially if I were an omnipotent god.

Are you saying you would force your will on them and not allow their own choices? You would make a race of slaves for yourself?

Nope, I didn't say anything like that. You did.
I'm beginning to question your sanity now.
03-11-2014, 02:51 AM
(03-11-2014 02:47 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 02:40 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Didn't you guys say that would be cheating? Doesn't ANYTHING please you?

You have shown nothing. Nothing.

Iv certainly shown you guys know exactly squat about Christian doctrine. Tongue

Would you buy your child back from slavery or not?
03-11-2014, 02:54 AM
(03-11-2014 02:51 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 02:47 AM)pablo Wrote:  You have shown nothing. Nothing.

Iv certainly shown you guys know exactly squat about Christian doctrine. Tongue

Would you buy your child back from slavery or not?

Why do you keep asking that? What does it have to do with this thread?
03-11-2014, 02:54 AM
(03-11-2014 02:34 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 02:16 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  The Romans had no problem with Jesus... He taught the people to give to Caesar what was his. He taught love and when they tried to make Him king to lead a rebellion, He refused...

Another piece of bullshit propaganda now corrected and put to rest.

According to your book they crucified him, then there's that whole spear in the side thing.
I'd say according to that, they had a problem with him.
That is of course if he even existed at all.

Well there you go again showing everything you don't know lmao

Pilot grudgingly conceded to a potentially riotous crowd. He tried to release Christ.

You speak of the Roman soldier who pierced His side... The centurion also said "Surely this was the Son of God".

So... back to the question youre avoiding... Would you buy your child back out of slavery or would you let them die miserably as a slave?