Poll: Did Jesus Exist?
He was a real person.
Jesus is a complete myth.
He may have been real, but has become so shrouded by myth that we can't know anything about him.
Other- please explain.
[Show Results]

Did Jesus Exist? Or Was He a Myth?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
08-10-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: Did Jesus Exist? Or Was He a Myth?
(08-10-2014 10:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 10:52 AM)anonymous66 Wrote:  As stupid as admitting you that (Chas) reject the entire field of the study of history?

Please quote me saying that. When you can't, I expect an apology.

Stop trying to convince me that the field of legitimate study that is history shouldn't be taken seriously.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2014, 10:57 AM
(08-10-2014 10:56 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 10:50 AM)anonymous66 Wrote:  @ClydeLee

^meh.. It deserves further study....if I get a chance...

But, no.. I'm not being disingenuous. the atheists I've met in organizations with "atheist" in the title? in general, yes, they have a hard time accepting that an atheist could accept that Jesus is a historical figure...

It's turned me off. I probably won't get involved with any groups with "atheist" in the title in the future... It's just not worth it.

And yes, they are probably decent people... and not every atheist believes that Jesus was a myth...

I don't know, I literally can't take someone honestly if they claim to be so fickle as one trivial disagreement with people on one topic is something that makes them distance themselves.

And your kind of baiting and dishonest posts back and forth with Chas makes you seem hardly believable so far.

whatev's Dodgy

don't be too hard on 'ol Chas. he's doing the best he can.
08-10-2014, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2014 11:05 AM by anonymous66.)
anywho...

if anyone is actually interested in the what the majority of experts in the field of ancient history are saying about the historicity of Jesus.. and just why they do accept he was historical in nature.....

check out http://www.ahistoricaljesus.com

But, go easy on me. it's very basic... and I will continue to add to the site.

AND GET IN CONTACT WITH THE HISTORY DEPARTMENT (DEPARTMENT OF CLASSICS) OF A SECULAR COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY.... You'll thank me.
08-10-2014, 11:04 AM
(08-10-2014 10:56 AM)anonymous66 Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 10:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  Please quote me saying that. When you can't, I expect an apology.

Stop trying to convince me that the field of legitimate study that is history shouldn't be taken seriously.

No, I take issue with you comparing it to hard science and thinking that is meaningful.

The standards, methods, and results are very, very different.

I await your retraction and apology.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2014, 11:07 AM
(08-10-2014 10:57 AM)anonymous66 Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 10:56 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't know, I literally can't take someone honestly if they claim to be so fickle as one trivial disagreement with people on one topic is something that makes them distance themselves.

And your kind of baiting and dishonest posts back and forth with Chas makes you seem hardly believable so far.

whatev's Dodgy

don't be too hard on 'ol Chas. he's doing the best he can.

Better than you.

08-10-2014, 11:08 AM
(08-10-2014 11:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  I don't understand why the experts in the field of ancient history should be taken seriously.

^ Is that what you're trying to say? Maybe you should ask Richard Carrier. He's the one with the degree.
08-10-2014, 11:12 AM
(08-10-2014 11:08 AM)anonymous66 Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 11:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  I don't understand why the experts in the field of ancient history should be taken seriously.

^ Is that what you're trying to say? Maybe you should ask Richard Carrier. He's the one with the degree.

Wow, are you fucking retarded?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
08-10-2014, 11:12 AM
(08-10-2014 11:08 AM)anonymous66 Wrote:  

Now you're just a sleazy little liar.

That was malicious and dishonest, you shameful little troll.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-10-2014, 11:13 AM
(08-10-2014 11:12 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 11:08 AM)anonymous66 Wrote:  ^ Is that what you're trying to say? Maybe you should ask Richard Carrier. He's the one with the degree.

Wow, are you fucking retarded?

No, just dishonest.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-10-2014, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2014 12:03 PM by Can_of_Beans.)
Tell you what. How about we drop the historical Jesus argument?

I'm waiting to see evidence he's still alive today. Isn't that what really matters anyway? Consider

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson