Did Jesus eat the passover meal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2011, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2011 03:48 PM by myst32.)
Did Jesus eat the passover meal?
i did some searching but could not find any threads on this and wondered how many are aware of it and if anyone knew how the apologist get around it.

According to Mark, Jesus was crucified at nine o'clock in the morning and died shortly after his so-called "cry of dereliction" at three o'clock in the afternoon on the day of passover. In Mark he ate the passover meal and was killed later that day. However, John's Gospel has him killed on the day of preparation at around noon. Jesus never makes it to the passover meal... The meal he eats in John is not the passover meal. He is not even killed on the same day.

I know many Christians do not take the Bible literal so it does not matter to them. Mark and John were 2 different authors with different messages. John speaks of Jesus as "the lamb" and has him killed on the day Jews slaughter lambs for the passover. Mark kills him on passover so Jesus can give new meaning to the Jewish symbols of the passover meal.

I am more interested if anyone has brought this up to those who believe the Bible is the inerrant word of of God. If so what is there response?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2011, 04:08 PM
RE: Did Jesus eat the passover meal?
Ask our resident apologist (be polite Smile)

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
07-06-2011, 09:01 PM
RE: Did Jesus eat the passover meal?
(07-06-2011 04:08 PM)The_observer Wrote:  Ask our resident apologist (be polite Smile)

Had you heard of this?