Poll: Jesus died on the cross or survived the crucifixion?
Jesus never existed
Jesus died on the cross
Jesus survived the crucifixion
the body was stolen
other
[Show Results]

Did Jesus survived the crucifixion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2016, 10:03 AM
RE: Did Jesus survived the crucifixion?
(10-04-2016 09:51 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  So, if the bible is corrupted by the hands of imperfect man. How you you figure what is right and wrong?
Good question. The TRUE answer: you can NOT figure it out UNLESS God reveals it. Unless God makes corrections.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2016, 10:09 AM
(10-04-2016 09:45 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 09:23 AM)Alla Wrote:  The most important detail is that Jesus resurrected. If He didn't then my faith is in vain/for nothing.

Exactly!
And what would you do if you figured out, he was not resurrected?
First, I would accept this truth. Second, I would do this: I would continue to live by those laws I believed were from true God. Because now I have perfect knowledge from my own experience that by doing it I have more happiness in THIS life. It helps me to be a better person, it helps me to have some personal progress in this life. All this brings JOY to a living soul.
I would be very sad that all this would be in vain. That all my progress will have an end one day. I would wanted to have eternal progression and fullness of joy, things that are not possible in mortal worlds.

10-04-2016, 10:15 AM
(10-04-2016 09:49 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 09:43 AM)Alla Wrote:  If RESURRECTION of Jesus is the truth then nothing else can surprise me

Or, if the resurrection wasnt true but someone sold it to you, then you would be so gullible and believe all kind of other bullshit as well!?

not all kind, but some other kind.Big Grin

10-04-2016, 10:18 AM
Anything(all kind of other bullshit) that brings joy and helps to have personal progress is acceptable by me.
I live by a principle: never reject what is for my own benefits and for benefits of those whom I love.

10-04-2016, 10:24 AM
(09-04-2016 10:48 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Jesus did NOT commit any crime worthy of crucifixion. Do you know nothing of Roman law???
The Romans were incredibly specific when it came to law. Jesus never committed a crime against the empire.........
The story of the Roman centurion claiming to have deserted his post would not have as the ........
When one understands the history of the times, the entire Jesus story flies out the window.
I know that the Bible is corrupt. Nothing surprises me. No contradiction surprises me.

10-04-2016, 10:25 AM
Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-04-2016, 10:26 AM
(10-04-2016 10:03 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 09:51 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  So, if the bible is corrupted by the hands of imperfect man. How you you figure what is right and wrong?
Good question. The TRUE answer: you can NOT figure it out UNLESS God reveals it. Unless God makes corrections.

So, god has revealed to you that Jesus was resurrected?
What corrections has god made?
How do you know god made these corrections?
10-04-2016, 10:28 AM
(09-04-2016 08:50 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 11:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  If there are many witnesses and they contradict each other on many things but all agree on one thing I accept this one thing.
Why? Cause your gullible?
No, because I believe that one thing is important for my salvation. I f it was not I wouldn't care.

10-04-2016, 10:36 AM
TO GIRLYMAN( my brother)

The beauty of the INFINITE Atonement that even if you( or this wonderful singer) say these words "Jesus didn't die for my sins" He still did it and He would do it a thousand times more if He had to - just for you and just for her. Oh, and for me, of course. Big Grin
P.S. thanks for the music, GirlyMan. Seventies, I remember we all kids in the Soviet Union could listen to this kind of music secretly from the government. I don't even know how someone could get records of American singers. They risked their freedom.

10-04-2016, 10:43 AM
(10-04-2016 10:26 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  So, god has revealed to you that Jesus was resurrected?
Yes, to me and to you and to many other people THROUGH His prophets by the power of the Holy Ghost.
(10-04-2016 10:26 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  What corrections has god made?
God restored all those parts of the truth that were lost for at least 2000 last years.
(10-04-2016 10:26 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  How do you know god made these corrections?
God revealed it through His prophets. I BELIEVE it is true.