Poll: Jesus died on the cross or survived the crucifixion?
Jesus never existed
Jesus died on the cross
Jesus survived the crucifixion
the body was stolen
other
[Show Results]

Did Jesus survived the crucifixion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2016, 10:50 AM
RE: Did Jesus survived the crucifixion?
(10-04-2016 10:09 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 09:45 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Exactly!
And what would you do if you figured out, he was not resurrected?
First, I would accept this truth. Second, I would do this: I would continue to live by those laws I believed were from true God. Because now I have perfect knowledge from my own experience that by doing it I have more happiness in THIS life. It helps me to be a better person, it helps me to have some personal progress in this life. All this brings JOY to a living soul.

What laws would you keep following and which ones would you drop and why?

(10-04-2016 10:09 AM)Alla Wrote:  I would be very sad that all this would be in vain. That all my progress will have an end one day. I would wanted to have eternal progression and fullness of joy, things that are not possible in mortal worlds.

Why did you add this to your explanation? I havent asked for this part, nor was it necessary to make your point. It rather destroys the point you just have made, are you aware of that?
So you would like to have an afterlife, understood. What if there was no afterlife, regardless what you like or not?

Why do you think all this is in vain if it doesnt last forever? Do you ever go to the movies? They also end. Do you ever have a good meal? It also ends. Why the obsession with your life as a whole but not the parts of it?
If all is vain to you when it doesnt last forever, why the first paragraph above? Why "continue to live by those laws I believed were from true God" if its all in vain in case jesus never was resurrected and god doesnt exist.

Thats incoherent. Either your life is worth living even without god, therfore be a good human, or all is vain without god, then you dont need to be a good human at all. Dont blame me, its your argument.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2016, 10:55 AM
(10-04-2016 10:15 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 09:49 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Or, if the resurrection wasnt true but someone sold it to you, then you would be so gullible and believe all kind of other bullshit as well!?

not all kind, but some other kind.Big Grin

What would you believe in case the resurrection is a lie, and what not? Where is your threshold/standard?
It was your statement that "nothing else can surprise me", indicating that you dont have such a standard to reject baseless claims once something like the resurrection was sold to you.
10-04-2016, 10:58 AM
(10-04-2016 10:28 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-04-2016 08:50 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Why? Cause your gullible?
No, because I believe that one thing is important for my salvation.
It's like talking to a retarded wall.

"I believe Jesus died for my salvation"
"Why?"
"Cause many eyewitnesses (which I can't even show exist at all) assert that he did"
"Why believe them though?"
"Cause I need to for my salvation."

Your gullibility and ignorance would be impressive if it was not so destructive.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
10-04-2016, 11:06 AM
(10-04-2016 10:18 AM)Alla Wrote:  Anything(all kind of other bullshit) that brings joy and helps to have personal progress is acceptable by me.
I live by a principle: never reject what is for my own benefits and for benefits of those whom I love.

So you think other people are selling lies to you so you can have joy and "personal" progress? Did you ever think about the possibility that people are selling lies to you in order to take advantage to you? You are naive beyond comprehension if that much is true!
And no...you are not able to tell if they do or do not take advantage, you already explained that you are able to believe almost anything, if it fits your needs.

You are the perfect victim for any fraudster who takes advantage of people by feeding them lies about their basic needs. Like Psychics who read the lines of your hand, astrologers, etc..

You are living in the illusion that you can control your delusion. You forget, that once you drop your standards for differentiating between whats true and not, you wont be able to control your delusion at all.

You are living a double illusion.
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
10-04-2016, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2016 11:14 AM by Alla.)
(10-04-2016 10:50 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  What laws would you keep following and which ones would you drop and why?
I would definitely follow this:
love thy neighbor by serving him/her. Loving neighbor includes:
do not kill
do not steal
do not lie
do not envy
keep your promises
Word of Wisdom(I would never drop this one) good for health/body and soul. As they say:" in strong healthy body there is strong healthy spirit".
I would drop partaking of the sacrament and going to the Temple. It would have no meaning. It would be in vain. I wouldn't pray and I would go shopping on Sundays.
I wouldn't pay tithing (temples would be in vain)
I would do charity of my own choice.
(10-04-2016 10:50 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 10:09 AM)Alla Wrote:  I would be very sad that all this would be in vain. That all my progress will have an end one day. I would wanted to have eternal progression and fullness of joy, things that are not possible in mortal worlds.
Why did you add this to your explanation? I havent asked for this part, nor was it necessary to make your point. It rather destroys the point you just have made, are you aware of that?
because even if I have in eternity a moment of life I want it to be a happy moment as much as possible

(10-04-2016 10:50 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  So you would like to have an afterlife, understood. What if there was no afterlife, regardless what you like or not?
Then, I wouldn't have it.
(10-04-2016 10:50 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Why do you think all this is in vain if it doesnt last forever? Do you ever go to the movies? They also end. Do you ever have a good meal? It also ends. Why the obsession with your life as a whole but not the parts of it?
If all is vain to you when it doesnt last forever, why the first paragraph above? Why "continue to live by those laws I believed were from true God" if its all in vain in case jesus never was resurrected and god doesnt exist.
Because it is natural for a man to have a desire to be happy even for a 5 min if it is possible. It is better to be happy for 5 min then never.
(10-04-2016 10:50 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Thats incoherent. Either your life is worth living even without god, therfore be a good human, or all is vain without god, then you dont need to be a good human at all. Dont blame me, its your argument.
If I am not good human I will be miserable human. I want to be happy human every second I have.
God created men for one purpose: that men can have joy! who needs MISERABLE life?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
10-04-2016, 11:18 AM
(10-04-2016 11:06 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  You are the perfect victim for any fraudster
Hmm, but at least I am happy victim. Big Grin
(10-04-2016 11:06 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  You are living a double illusion.
Hmm, correction: HAPPY double illusion Wink

P.S. Adam fell that men might be, and men are so they can have joy!
It is all about HAPPINESS!

10-04-2016, 11:25 AM
(10-04-2016 10:58 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 10:28 AM)Alla Wrote:  No, because I believe that one thing is important for my salvation.
It's like talking to a retarded wall.

"I believe Jesus died for my salvation"
"Why?"
"Cause many eyewitnesses (which I can't even show exist at all) assert that he did"
May be someone believes for this reason, that I do not know.
My reason: I believe that without the Atonement I can not be resurrected and have fullness of joy(eternal progression)
If eternal life is true(and I believe it is) I want to be prepared for this kind of life. I can not become God if I never learned to be God.
(10-04-2016 10:58 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  "Why believe them though?"
"Cause I need to for my salvation."
Not my reason.
Because if it is true(and I believe it is) I want to be prepared.
(10-04-2016 10:58 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Your gullibility and ignorance would be impressive if it was not so destructive.
One very TRUE principle - It is better to be prepared for UNKNOWN than not. I try to live my life ONLY by true principles.

10-04-2016, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2016 11:52 AM by Deesse23.)
(10-04-2016 10:43 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 10:26 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  So, god has revealed to you that Jesus was resurrected?
Yes, to me and to you and to many other people THROUGH His prophets by the power of the Holy Ghost.
(10-04-2016 10:26 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  What corrections has god made?
God restored all those parts of the truth that were lost for at least 2000 last years.
(10-04-2016 10:26 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  How do you know god made these corrections?
God revealed it through His prophets. I BELIEVE it is true.

I asked
Quote:Howdo you know god made these corrections?
I didnt ask how god made these corrections and by whom, i asked how...do...you...know
"I believe" is not an answer, its a surrender, and a sign of your intellectual lazyness. This is the damage you do to yourself by believing in fantasies, by having no standards at all for believing or rejecting claims. This is the price for your "happiness" and "progress", and one must wonder what "progress" that can be, which keeps you in complete ignorance of the world around you and the society you live in. It is disrespectful to the other members of society and is only the tip of the iceberg of the damage you do. You prefer to live in your fantasy and keep telling yourself that you dont harm anyone, instead of accepting some responsibility for your life and the society you are a part of. All of this because you are lazy.

You are so dishonest, its not worth talking more to you. Before you stop lying to me, you should stop lying to yourself.

But we both know you wont, because between the lines of "it makes me feel good" we all can read that you dont believe in any god. You want to feel good, and you are lazy, thats it, its that simple. You are incredibly intellectually lazy. I also like to be happy, but that doesnt mean i am giving up my human dignity like you do.

Thats the difference between you and me. And thats the damage you do, to yourself and society, by lying your ass of "to be happy" and to "make progress". You are the first human in history who makes progress on lies, but hey, if the resurrection is true, anything can be true, right?

P.S.: It doesnt matter what you believe, what matters is what you can demonstrate, or rationally conclude, yet you completely have given up your rationality for "feeling good". Regardless how bold and big you print your ignorance, fantasies dont become fact.
10-04-2016, 11:46 AM
(10-04-2016 11:11 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 10:50 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  What laws would you keep following and which ones would you drop and why?
I would definitely follow this:
love thy neighbor by serving him/her. Loving neighbor includes:
do not kill
do not steal
do not lie
do not envy
keep your promises
Word of Wisdom(I would never drop this one) good for health/body and soul. As they say:" in strong healthy body there is strong healthy spirit".
I would drop partaking of the sacrament and going to the Temple. It would have no meaning. It would be in vain. I wouldn't pray and I would go shopping on Sundays.
I wouldn't pay tithing (temples would be in vain)
I would do charity of my own choice.
(10-04-2016 10:50 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Why did you add this to your explanation? I havent asked for this part, nor was it necessary to make your point. It rather destroys the point you just have made, are you aware of that?
because even if I have in eternity a moment of life I want it to be a happy moment as much as possible

(10-04-2016 10:50 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  So you would like to have an afterlife, understood. What if there was no afterlife, regardless what you like or not?
Then, I wouldn't have it.
(10-04-2016 10:50 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Why do you think all this is in vain if it doesnt last forever? Do you ever go to the movies? They also end. Do you ever have a good meal? It also ends. Why the obsession with your life as a whole but not the parts of it?
Because it is natural for a man to have a desire to be happy even for a 5 min if it is possible. It is better to be happy for 5 min then never.
(10-04-2016 10:50 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Thats incoherent. Either your life is worth living even without god, therfore be a good human, or all is vain without god, then you dont need to be a good human at all. Dont blame me, its your argument.
If I am not good human I will be miserable human. I want to be happy human every second I have.
God created men for one purpose: that men can have joy! who needs MISERABLE life?

Im done with you.
You are saying that without eternal life "all is in vain", and in the next post you say something that contradicts your very statement.
You need to be honest with yourself again. Then we can start a conversation again....maybe.
10-04-2016, 11:48 AM
(10-04-2016 11:18 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 11:06 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  You are the perfect victim for any fraudster
Hmm, but at least I am happy victim. Big Grin
(10-04-2016 11:06 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  You are living a double illusion.
Hmm, correction: HAPPY double illusion Wink

P.S. Adam fell that men might be, and men are so they can have joy!
It is all about HAPPINESS!

Thats not funny, not at all!
Keep wasting your life for a "happy delusion".
How much time do you have left to throw out of the window before its all over?
20 years? 30?
The clock is ticking