Poll: Jesus died on the cross or survived the crucifixion?
Jesus never existed
Jesus died on the cross
Jesus survived the crucifixion
the body was stolen
other
[Show Results]

Did Jesus survived the crucifixion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2016, 01:41 PM
RE: Did Jesus survived the crucifixion?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-04-2016, 02:04 PM
(10-04-2016 10:03 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 09:51 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  So, if the bible is corrupted by the hands of imperfect man. How you you figure what is right and wrong?
Good question. The TRUE answer: you can NOT figure it out UNLESS God reveals it. Unless God makes corrections.

The thing with you is that you enjoy your faith so much that you're blind to all the contradictions in the Bible even though you know they are there. You're so happy and pleased with your faith that if a document written by Jesus himself was unearthed in which he denied that he was the son of god and it was co-signed and affirmed by a whole host of witnesses you'd still not take that as the truth because you just like to believe in this stuff. It makes you happy.

Fine. But there is nothing remotely unique in your faith and belief when compared with any other religious beliefs. As I mentioned before , my Native American sister-in-law is happily ensconced in her animist beliefs. Mountains have spirits. Rivers and deer and snakes have souls and spirits and there is nothing anyone can say that will shake her beliefs because, you see, she needs to have this in her life or her life falls apart.

You're the same way. You think your belief is strong because it was written down in a book which to you confirms everything for you. But that's not it, really. You believe this stuff because you want to believe it. You need to believe. You think your belief has everything to do with truth but it really doesn't. It has everything to do with need just like my sister-in-law.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-04-2016, 03:37 PM
(10-04-2016 12:52 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 11:18 AM)Alla Wrote:  Hmm, but at least I am happy victim. Big Grin
Hmm, correction: HAPPY double illusion Wink

P.S. Adam fell that men might be, and men are so they can have joy!
It is all about HAPPINESS!

Sorry to burst your bubble but Adam never existed.
no problem, I don't mind you saying this. it doesn't burst my happines Smile

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
10-04-2016, 04:32 PM
(10-04-2016 09:23 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 07:37 AM)Leo Wrote:  I agree with your post but I replied to Alla because she doesn't give a shit about small important details like how long was Jesus on the cross. A very important detail indeed. You are right , many bogus details in the gospels stories invalidate the accounts.
Why is this detail so important? What difference does it make how long He was on the cross?
The most important detail is that Jesus resurrected. If He didn't then my faith is in vain/for nothing.
So, why should I care about how many hours He was on the cross? Why is it so significant? Please, please, tell me, my friend Leo.
P.S. No contradiction in the NT on this - "He was risen".

Nice way to avoid my direct question Alla. So I will ask it again.

For what crime was Jesus Crucified? That particular punishment was for a specific crime. i.e. treason.

Pilate is known for his disrespect for the people of the Palestine region. Including the Jews. The average Roman soldier was usually sent to that region due to the fact they were not good enough to be sent to more important and well guarded territories. We know this from a number of sources. To the average Roman, a race having only one god was contemptible.

The very idea a crowd of unruly Jews could not only get an audience with a politician of Pilate's rank on demand, and then get him to break Roman, not Jewish, Roman law by having a man crucified for no crime worthy of it is frankly laughable.

It is obvious to all reading this that you are way out of your depth Alla. You have no background in Roman history. No background of Jewish history. No background in anything as far as I can tell. So why are you trying to argue a case for which you have nothing to offer other than total ignorance???

You achieve nothing here. All you do is appear foolish. You have presented not one jot nor scrap of evidence. In fact you claim evidence contrary to your mythology is evidence for it. It is not. Quite the opposite, actually.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
10-04-2016, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2016 05:09 PM by Chas.)
(10-04-2016 09:43 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Leo Wrote:The gospels contradict in the small details like how long was Jesus on the cross. And that small detail can change the outcome of the story in a very radical way. If Jesus was a short time on the cross , he most likely survived the crucifixion. Surviving crucifixion was possible and Josephus documented a few cases. And according to the gospels Jesus was taken down from the cross a little before the sabbath began or sunset.
Let me tell you why those details are not important. If RESURRECTION of Jesus is the truth then nothing else can surprise me. If it is possible for God to resurrect the dead then it is possible that Jesus's spirit could leave physical body any time God wanted it.

There is no evidence for the resurrection.

Pro tip: The Bible is not the evidence; the Bible is the claim that requires evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
10-04-2016, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2016 09:04 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(10-04-2016 03:37 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 12:52 PM)Leo Wrote:  Sorry to burst your bubble but Adam never existed.
no problem, I don't mind you saying this. it doesn't burst my happines Smile

Stop being a evasive cunt Alla for just 5 minutes. Do you believe that Adam and Eve existed as real people despite the fact that has been proven wrong by Genetics, Archeology, Biology, and several other fields?

Yes or No.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
11-04-2016, 04:31 PM
(10-04-2016 05:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no evidence for the resurrection.
Pro tip: The Bible is not the evidence; the Bible is the claim that requires evidence.
I say "AMEN" to these true words. Thumbsup

11-04-2016, 04:32 PM
(10-04-2016 05:31 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 03:37 PM)Alla Wrote:  no problem, I don't mind you saying this. it doesn't burst my happines Smile

Stop being a evasive cunt Alla for just 5 minutes. Do you believe that Adam and Eve existed as real people despite the fact that has been proven wrong by Genetics, Archeology, Biology, and several other fields?

Yes or No.
I believe they existed as real people. It was not proven by anything that they didn't exist.

11-04-2016, 04:42 PM
(11-04-2016 04:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 05:31 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Stop being a evasive cunt Alla for just 5 minutes. Do you believe that Adam and Eve existed as real people despite the fact that has been proven wrong by Genetics, Archeology, Biology, and several other fields?

Yes or No.
I believe they existed as real people. It was not proven by anything that they didn't exist.

It hasn't been proven by anything that Prometheus and Pandora never existed, does that mean they were real people? You can't use that as a reason to believe something is real, just because there is no evidence contradicting it. Fact is the first man couldn't have been created at least 6,000 years ago. If you want to say the first man was the first homo sapien to be born and let's just call him "Adam" than I guess he did exist at some point but he wasn't living in Eden,naming all the animals, eating forbidden fruit, etc. He's not the Adam of the Bible, just technically the first "man" and even that would require an exact definition.

Until you can prove your claim that this Adam actually existed, the one God created, the husband of Eve, Daddy of Cain and Abel, namer of every animal in existence then there is no reason to believe he was ever real. I can't disprove something that hasn't been proven yet, you have to prove it first.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
11-04-2016, 05:03 PM
(11-04-2016 04:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 05:31 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Stop being a evasive cunt Alla for just 5 minutes. Do you believe that Adam and Eve existed as real people despite the fact that has been proven wrong by Genetics, Archeology, Biology, and several other fields?

Yes or No.

Wrong. Genetics is overwhelming proof of their non-existence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post