Poll: Jesus died on the cross or survived the crucifixion?
Jesus never existed
Jesus died on the cross
Jesus survived the crucifixion
the body was stolen
other
[Show Results]

Did Jesus survived the crucifixion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2016, 11:39 AM
RE: Did Jesus survived the crucifixion?
(14-04-2016 11:35 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(14-04-2016 10:24 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yes we know. You believe what you WANT to believe, if it makes you happy.
You believe it, whether it's true or not, as the outcome is one you desire.
Just like drugs. Just like sex. If it makes you happy, you embrace and employ things, as they make you happy, .... whether they are true or not. Whether they are good or not. If they are of *use* to you, (make you happy), then you judge them to be good. Your standard for "good" is : "Is this of use to ME ?" "Does this make ME happy ?" Whether it's true, or makes others, even potentially unhappy, is of no use to you, and not a consideration for you. (Essentially, this is how an infant/todler processes input).

The problem with this, is, the SAME things, (your religious nonsense, which has been PROVEN to be based on untruth and nonsense really) can and has been used, frequently, to make many others, deeply UNHAPPY.

Your principle, (to accept what makes you happy, whether it's true or not) is known as Utilitarianism. There are many well known problems with this philosophy, (which of course you know nothing about, as you are a profoundly ignorant woman, with no education).

https://www.scu.edu/ethics/ethics-resour...-approach/

http://www.siue.edu/~evailat/i-mill.html

http://people.umass.edu/klement/160/critutil_large.pdf
Nope
Don't you think that's a bit harsh?
. Nope

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Jesus said he came to fulfill a religion by preaching that God was the Logos and to do unto others etc. He was crucified by others who imposed a punishment on him which mocked the religion he was rejecting. There is nothing in a reason-based morality that requires belief in reincarnation and when he cries out "why have you forsaken me?" he clearly shows he has no belief in his divine
nature and is just peeved that the gig is up.
14-04-2016, 11:49 AM
I believe Jesus was a real man. I am not sure about all of the stories about him go towards one man. Could be stories of other prophets and they all got pushed onto one person. I believe Jesus was crucified, possibly for saying he would be king of the jews or for getting the jews into an excitement of the overthrow of Rome. So, I could see them putting this trouble maker to death and making sure no one else got the smart idea to stir up trouble.

I do not believe he was put into a tomb. Probably dumped someplace or one or two of his followers took the body. I do not know why and Roman soldiers would guard the tomb...why? Rome isn't going to care if a few people said Jesus returned from the dead. How long were the Soldiers going to protect the tomb? Makes no sense as to why they would, so I do not think they did.
14-04-2016, 12:06 PM
(14-04-2016 11:35 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(14-04-2016 10:24 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yes we know. You believe what you WANT to believe, if it makes you happy.
You believe it, whether it's true or not, as the outcome is one you desire.
Just like drugs. Just like sex. If it makes you happy, you embrace and employ things, as they make you happy, .... whether they are true or not. Whether they are good or not. If they are of *use* to you, (make you happy), then you judge them to be good. Your standard for "good" is : "Is this of use to ME ?" "Does this make ME happy ?" Whether it's true, or makes others, even potentially unhappy, is of no use to you, and not a consideration for you. (Essentially, this is how an infant/todler processes input).

The problem with this, is, the SAME things, (your religious nonsense, which has been PROVEN to be based on untruth and nonsense really) can and has been used, frequently, to make many others, deeply UNHAPPY.

Your principle, (to accept what makes you happy, whether it's true or not) is known as Utilitarianism. There are many well known problems with this philosophy, (which of course you know nothing about, as you are a profoundly ignorant woman, with no education).

https://www.scu.edu/ethics/ethics-resour...-approach/

http://www.siue.edu/~evailat/i-mill.html

http://people.umass.edu/klement/160/critutil_large.pdf

Don't you think that's a bit harsh?

No.
You are in no position to judge, Mr. Drop-In-Once-Every-Few-Months.
She has been spouting her Mormon drivel here, regularly, for a long time.
She actually buys the Angel Moroni stuff.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Alla's biggest problem is that she thinks she's figured it all out. That there is nothing else to learn. If a contradictory fact to any of her statement presented she'll say that that doesn't count, or they really meant something different.

She seems pleasant enough, just really REALLY misinformed.

There was a news report that I saw a few years back that interviewed some of the girls from a moron branch that practiced child brides. When they leaders where arrested they interviewed the young girls each one of them said the say thing. Word for word. As if reading off a script. Some sat in the room at the same times and spoke in Unison. Eerie stuff.

"We are very happy. We just want to be want to be with our husband. We are very Happy. They didn't do anything we did wish upon us."

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
14-04-2016, 03:03 PM
(14-04-2016 11:46 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Jesus said he came to fulfill a religion by preaching that God was the Logos and to do unto others etc. He was crucified by others who imposed a punishment on him which mocked the religion he was rejecting. There is nothing in a reason-based morality that requires belief in reincarnation and when he cries out "why have you forsaken me?" he clearly shows he has no belief in his divine
nature and is just peeved that the gig is up.

He may have preached the "do unto others", (although that wasn't really the concern of the Rabbis preaching at the time he supposedly lived). The "Logos" (Greek Gnosticism) was later imposed on top of the sect that his followers started, by Gnostics. *He* didn't preach about the Logos.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-04-2016, 06:11 PM
(14-04-2016 09:38 AM)Leo Wrote:  Again . You believe in Mormonism , so you believe in anything. You believe Mormonism without evidence because you want it to be true.
I believe in LDS Doctrine because it teaches true principles. My choices are based on those principles. Because I KNOW that those principle are true(they work for my benefits) I HAVE A REASON to believe some parts of the RESTORED Gospel of Jesus Christ without evidence.
(14-04-2016 09:38 AM)Leo Wrote:  Everything from Mormonism is evidently VERY false.
Not to me. I have evidence that many parts of LDS Doctrine are true.
(14-04-2016 09:38 AM)Leo Wrote:  What you are talking about ? If you are a Mormon you believe in what Joseph smith
Because I have a very good reason.
(14-04-2016 09:38 AM)Leo Wrote:  There is the same evidence for reincarnation and resurrection. If you believe in resurrection , why not reincarnation ?
Because
1) As I said before I have a good reason to believe Gospel/Doctrine of Christ which is LDS Doctrine
2)Gospel/Doctrine of Christ/LDS Doctrine teaches nothing about reincarnation and doctrine of reincarnation contradicts Gospel/ Doctrine of Christ/LDS Doctrine

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
14-04-2016, 06:16 PM
(14-04-2016 07:51 AM)Alla Wrote:  What do you teach?

I teach The Word by embodying The Word. So saith The Word.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-04-2016, 06:25 PM
(14-04-2016 02:55 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Alla's biggest problem is that she thinks she's figured it all out. That there is nothing else to learn. If a contradictory fact to any of her statement presented she'll say that that doesn't count, or they really meant something different.

She seems pleasant enough, just really REALLY misinformed.

There was a news report that I saw a few years back that interviewed some of the girls from a moron branch that practiced child brides. When they leaders where arrested they interviewed the young girls each one of them said the say thing. Word for word. As if reading off a script. Some sat in the room at the same times and spoke in Unison. Eerie stuff.

"We are very happy. We just want to be want to be with our husband. We are very Happy. They didn't do anything we did wish upon us."
I am not surprised they said this; may be what they said was the truth. They were happy.

My point about my faith and my happiness:
I was NOT trying to prove that my faith is true but that my faith makes me happy.
If my faith makes me happy why should I reject it?

If those girls didn't lie out of fear but really were happy they would never wanted to change their life.
Morality is subjective thing. What is immoral and wrong for some is moral and right for others.

Some say that homosexual relationship are immoral but some don't give a fig about this because they are happy in those relationship. Why should they reject what makes them happy?

My faith makes me happy and I experienced no harm but only benefits. Quality of my life is so much better too because of that.
Why should I reject what is good for my personal progress?

14-04-2016, 06:27 PM
(14-04-2016 06:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-04-2016 07:51 AM)Alla Wrote:  What do you teach?

I teach The Word by embodying The Word. So saith The Word.
Smile
2 questions, brother GirlyMan
1)what does it mean?
1)what is The Word?