Poll: Jesus died on the cross or survived the crucifixion?
Jesus never existed
Jesus died on the cross
Jesus survived the crucifixion
the body was stolen
other
[Show Results]

Did Jesus survived the crucifixion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2016, 05:03 PM
RE: Did Jesus survived the crucifixion?
(08-04-2016 04:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 04:22 PM)PaddyOdoors Wrote:  How many people saw him walk away afterwards?? more contradictions.
I don't know how many, but there is no contradiction in one IMPORTANT thing: people saw Him.

Their names?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2016, 05:18 PM
(08-04-2016 05:03 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 04:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  I don't know how many, but there is no contradiction in one IMPORTANT thing: people saw Him.

Their names?
amount of people and their names can be part of contradictions. names and amount are not important.
But important is this: there is no contradiction - there were people who saw Him.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
08-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Eh, I'd say probably not.

Even if he survived, he's still dead now, of whatever causes. Although it might be adequate for the substitutionary ationists, if Jesus dies of cancer or heart disease instead of being crucified. It seems to me that there's something about Jesus having to be wrongly fingered for others' crimes that's at the heart of substitionary atonement. Otherwise, frankly, why not have Jesus be a miscarriage for mother Mary?
08-04-2016, 05:26 PM
(08-04-2016 05:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 05:03 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Their names?
amount of people and their names can be part of contradictions. names and amount are not important.
But important is this: there is no contradiction - there were people who saw Him.

People all through the 80s and 90s proclaimed to have seen the real living Elvis or Andy Kaufman... Any other random celebrity can get that claim too, people think they've seen 2Pac alive as well and think he staged his death because of anagrams.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-04-2016, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 06:13 PM by dancefortwo.)
(08-04-2016 04:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 04:22 PM)PaddyOdoors Wrote:  How many people saw him walk away afterwards?? more contradictions.
I don't know how many, but there is no contradiction in one IMPORTANT thing: people saw Him.

You mean, people told people who told other people who told someone else, who told the guy down the street, that told his neighbor, who told the fish monger, who told the washer women, who told the sheep sheerer, who was told that people saw him after the crucifixion and then after a couple decades of people telling these stories someone finally wrote it down.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-04-2016, 07:15 PM
(08-04-2016 05:26 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 05:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  amount of people and their names can be part of contradictions. names and amount are not important.

People all through the 80s and 90s proclaimed to have seen the real living Elvis or Andy Kaufman... Any other random celebrity can get that claim too, people think they've seen 2Pac alive as well and think he staged his death because of anagrams.

That's not a fair comparison at all.

There's strong evidence that Elvis, Andy, and 2Pac actually existed.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
08-04-2016, 08:20 PM
(08-04-2016 05:26 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  People all through the 80s and 90s proclaimed to have seen the real living Elvis or Andy Kaufman... Any other random celebrity can get that claim too, people think they've seen 2Pac alive as well and think he staged his death because of anagrams.
Sure. You always have a choice: to believe or not to believe

08-04-2016, 08:22 PM
When someone testifies to me of something I ask myself 2 questions:
1) should I believe it?
2)Why do I need to believe it?
If there is no any good reason to believe I don't care about testimony.

08-04-2016, 08:25 PM
(08-04-2016 05:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 04:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  I don't know how many, but there is no contradiction in one IMPORTANT thing: people saw Him.

You mean, people told people who told other people who told someone else, who told the guy down the street, that told his neighbor, who told the fish monger, who told the washer women, who told the sheep sheerer, who was told that people saw him after the crucifixion and then after a couple decades of people telling these stories someone finally wrote it down.
Not exactly. But I still can say that this is what I mean. The question is :why do I need to believe them?

08-04-2016, 08:29 PM
(08-04-2016 05:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 05:03 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Their names?

No. There were stories written about people WHO CLAIMED to have "seen" him. As in the Road to Emmaus story, "seeing" meant "understanding". In all the stories, they first are afraid, and don't recognize him. Even at the END of Matthew, at the Great Commission, they STILL "doubted but believed". No one who actually SEES something, "doubts".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post