Poll: Jesus died on the cross or survived the crucifixion?
Jesus never existed
Jesus died on the cross
Jesus survived the crucifixion
the body was stolen
other
[Show Results]

Did Jesus survived the crucifixion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2016, 07:37 AM
RE: Did Jesus survived the crucifixion?
(10-04-2016 07:25 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 06:57 AM)Leo Wrote:  Nope Alla you don't get it. I don't give a shit about the gospels saying Jesus died on the cross. I pay attention to the small details. The gospels contradict in the small details like how long was Jesus on the cross. And that small detail can change the outcome of the story in a very radical way. If Jesus was a short time on the cross , he most likely survived the crucifixion. Surviving crucifixion was possible and Josephus documented a few cases. And according to the gospels Jesus was taken down from the cross a little before the sabbath began or sunset.

See my reply above.

I agree with your post but I replied to Alla because she doesn't give a shit about small important details like how long was Jesus on the cross. A very important detail indeed. You are right , many bogus details in the gospels stories invalidate the accounts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2016, 07:59 AM
(10-04-2016 07:37 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 07:25 AM)Banjo Wrote:  See my reply above.

I agree with your post but I replied to Alla because she doesn't give a shit about small important details like how long was Jesus on the cross. A very important detail indeed. You are right , many bogus details in the gospels stories invalidate the accounts.

Yeah Alla is quite ignorant. Here is a pick I found of the decimation. No Roman would submit himself to this for a Jew at that time.

[Image: 4KJbz2k.png]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-04-2016, 09:23 AM
(10-04-2016 07:37 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 07:25 AM)Banjo Wrote:  See my reply above.

Why is this detail so important? What difference does it make how long He was on the cross?
The most important detail is that Jesus resurrected. If He didn't then my faith is in vain/for nothing.
So, why should I care about how many hours He was on the cross? Why is it so significant? Please, please, tell me, my friend Leo.
P.S. No contradiction in the NT on this - "He was risen".

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
10-04-2016, 09:35 AM
(10-04-2016 06:57 AM)Leo Wrote:  Nope Alla you don't get it. I don't give a shit about the gospels saying Jesus died on the cross.
Of course, I get it. I get it very, very well. And I have no problem with that.
(10-04-2016 06:57 AM)Leo Wrote:  I pay attention to the small details.
It is OK, but why would I pay attention to details that are not important for anybody's salvation? Salvation does NOT depend on how many hours Jesus was on the cross. Actually, salvation does not depend on a place were Jesus dies. It depends on another thing: is Jesus real? Is He Savior? Did He really pay for sins in the garden of Gethsemane? Did He really resurrect from the dead?
If all these IMPORTANT details are true then I will live again also.
If not, then everything on this earth is in vain, and organization of the earth was in vain.
Hours- shmaours, who cares?

10-04-2016, 09:36 AM
(10-04-2016 09:23 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 07:37 AM)Leo Wrote:  I agree with your post but I replied to Alla because she doesn't give a shit about small important details like how long was Jesus on the cross. A very important detail indeed. You are right , many bogus details in the gospels stories invalidate the accounts.
Why is this detail so important? What difference does it make how long He was on the cross?
The most important detail is that Jesus resurrected. If He didn't then my faith is in vain/for nothing.
So, why should I care about how many hours He was on the cross? Why is it so significant? Please, please, tell me, my friend Leo.
P.S. No contradiction in the NT on this - "He was risen".

(10-04-2016 09:23 AM)Alla Wrote:  What difference does it make how long He was on the cross?

It makes a very big difference. How long someone spends nailed to a cross is the difference between surviving a crucifixion and dying.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-04-2016, 09:43 AM
Leo Wrote:The gospels contradict in the small details like how long was Jesus on the cross. And that small detail can change the outcome of the story in a very radical way. If Jesus was a short time on the cross , he most likely survived the crucifixion. Surviving crucifixion was possible and Josephus documented a few cases. And according to the gospels Jesus was taken down from the cross a little before the sabbath began or sunset.
Let me tell you why those details are not important. If RESURRECTION of Jesus is the truth then nothing else can surprise me. If it is possible for God to resurrect the dead then it is possible that Jesus's spirit could leave physical body any time God wanted it.

10-04-2016, 09:45 AM
(10-04-2016 09:23 AM)Alla Wrote:  The most important detail is that Jesus resurrected. If He didn't then my faith is in vain/for nothing.

Exactly!
And what would you do if you figured out, he was not resurrected?
10-04-2016, 09:46 AM
Oh, contradictions in the Bible do not surprise me also. I would me more surprised if there were not any contradiction. Anything that is in hands of imperfect man can become corrupt. Mortals, we screw everything, or almost everything.

10-04-2016, 09:49 AM
(10-04-2016 09:43 AM)Alla Wrote:  If RESURRECTION of Jesus is the truth then nothing else can surprise me

Or, if the resurrection wasnt true but someone sold it to you, then you would be so gullible and believe all kind of other bullshit as well!?
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
10-04-2016, 09:51 AM
(10-04-2016 09:46 AM)Alla Wrote:  Oh, contradictions in the Bible do not surprise me also. I would me more surprised if there were not any contradiction. Anything that is in hands of imperfect man can become corrupt. Mortals, we screw everything, or almost everything.

So, if the bible is corrupted by the hands of imperfect man. How you you figure what is right and wrong?