Did Mom Make a Sound Argument???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 08:43 PM
RE: Did Mom Make a Sound Argument???
(29-01-2014 08:06 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Aren't you like thirtysomething? Consider

Why do you ask?

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2014, 08:52 PM
The whole notion of fulfilling the law is bullshit. Did Jesus stone anyone? No. Then he didn't fulfill the law. End of story.

It's a fake answer to an embarrassing question.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TwoCultSurvivor's post
29-01-2014, 08:55 PM
(29-01-2014 08:43 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 08:06 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Aren't you like thirtysomething? Consider

Why do you ask?

Seems kinda old to be arguing with Ma about religion.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
29-01-2014, 09:05 PM
(29-01-2014 08:55 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 08:43 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Why do you ask?

Seems kinda old to be arguing with Ma about religion.

How so?

29-01-2014, 09:10 PM
I can understand why Mis or anyone no matter what age would argue about such things with parents. I don't think there will be a happy ending but some parents insist on pushing their beliefs on their adult children. Been there.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-01-2014, 09:12 PM
(29-01-2014 09:10 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I can understand why Mis or anyone no matter what age would argue about such things with parents. I don't think there will be a happy ending but some parents insist on pushing their beliefs on their adult children. Been there.

The problem is that, in her eyes, I'm doomed to destruction because I don't believe and she feels the need to make a solid argument in the hopes that I'll come back to the fold.

This would occur whether I were 30 or 60. I'm still her "baby boy", and her baby boy is bound for damnation. Of course there's gonna be an argument if she cares enough.

29-01-2014, 09:32 PM
(29-01-2014 09:05 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 08:55 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Seems kinda old to be arguing with Ma about religion.

How so?
It's self-evident, damn you. Angry

Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
29-01-2014, 09:34 PM
(29-01-2014 09:12 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 09:10 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I can understand why Mis or anyone no matter what age would argue about such things with parents. I don't think there will be a happy ending but some parents insist on pushing their beliefs on their adult children. Been there.

The problem is that, in her eyes, I'm doomed to destruction because I don't believe and she feels the need to make a solid argument in the hopes that I'll come back to the fold.

This would occur whether I were 30 or 60. I'm still her "baby boy", and her baby boy is bound for damnation. Of course there's gonna be an argument if she cares enough.

This is what brought me to this site in the first place. My very first post was asking for advice on dealing with adult parents.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid229450

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
29-01-2014, 10:35 PM

That's because you're a kid.

(29-01-2014 09:34 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  My very first post was asking for advice on dealing with adult parents.

As opposed to what? Teen parents? Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
29-01-2014, 10:46 PM
I was told this before, and that is why anti-gay is still a thing, but eating shrimp is okay now. However, mention how to treat your slave, and the face still drops. Tongue