Did Rachel Corrie die in vane

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Ten years ago yesterday Rachel Corrie died underneath an Israeli armored bulldozer.

I do not have that courage but I do have those sensibilities.

We should honor her courage. We should also be able to do what we can to resist that which suppresses most of the people in the world.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2013, 10:22 PM
RE: Did Rachel Corrie die in vane
(17-03-2013 01:16 PM)JAH Wrote:  Ten years ago yesterday Rachel Corrie died underneath an Israeli armored bulldozer.

We should honor her courage. We should also be able to do what we can to resist that which suppresses most of the people in the world.
Rachel Corrie's efforts to stop Israeli tanks with her magephone and ultimately her body were efforts in vain. Righty blogs have taken to nicknaming her St Pancake, and held Rachel Corrie memorial pancake breakfasts in her honor (perhaps for real, perhaps just a dark joke), while you will find a street named after her in Iran.

Her efforts were in vain because her death was so pointless and achieved so little. She achieved, at best, the status of useful idiot in someone else's war. Mocked by her critics and lionized her country's enemies, Rachel Corrie's life is a cautionary tale against naive enthusiasm for an activist's lifestyle. She was not so much courageous as she was vainglorious and drunk on ideology. I hope that if I ever have a cause that I feel so passionate about that I
give my life to it, that in doing so I have more affect than Rachel
Corrie did.
[+] 3 users Like BryanS's post
18-03-2013, 01:29 AM
At the time of her death, Rachael was among hundreds of Arabs were by the home of the suicide bomber that was slated for destruction. None of the Arabs were harmed. Why? None of them were so stupid as to put themselves in front of an armored bulldozer with limited visibility. And unlike a suicide bomber, she never got a street named after her. So yeah, she became the butt of black humor.

“I've done everything the Bible says — even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!"— Ned Flanders
19-03-2013, 05:16 PM
(17-03-2013 10:22 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(17-03-2013 01:16 PM)JAH Wrote:  Ten years ago yesterday Rachel Corrie died underneath an Israeli armored bulldozer.

Rachel Corrie's efforts to stop Israeli tanks with her magephone and ultimately her body were efforts in vain. Righty blogs have taken to nicknaming her St Pancake, and held Rachel Corrie memorial pancake breakfasts in her honor (perhaps for real, perhaps just a dark joke), while you will find a street named after her in Iran.

Her efforts were in vain because her death was so pointless and achieved so little. She achieved, at best, the status of useful idiot in someone else's war. Mocked by her critics and lionized her country's enemies, Rachel Corrie's life is a cautionary tale against naive enthusiasm for an activist's lifestyle. She was not so much courageous as she was vainglorious and drunk on ideology. I hope that if I ever have a cause that I feel so passionate about that I
Corrie did.

Of course, society teaches the sheeple that to be dedicated to a political cause is somehow crazy.
19-03-2013, 05:17 PM
(18-03-2013 01:29 AM)EGross Wrote:  At the time of her death, Rachael was among hundreds of Arabs were by the home of the suicide bomber that was slated for destruction. None of the Arabs were harmed. Why? None of them were so stupid as to put themselves in front of an armored bulldozer with limited visibility. And unlike a suicide bomber, she never got a street named after her. So yeah, she became the butt of black humor.

Of course the Israelites didnt run over her, her bones were cracking and clogging the wheels of that poor Israeli machine, she struck first.
19-03-2013, 10:25 PM
(19-03-2013 05:16 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(17-03-2013 10:22 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Rachel Corrie's efforts to stop Israeli tanks with her magephone and ultimately her body were efforts in vain. Righty blogs have taken to nicknaming her St Pancake, and held Rachel Corrie memorial pancake breakfasts in her honor (perhaps for real, perhaps just a dark joke), while you will find a street named after her in Iran.

Corrie did.

Of course, society teaches the sheeple that to be dedicated to a political cause is somehow crazy.
Smug alert!
19-03-2013, 11:02 PM

I believe that Rachel Corrie died for the sake of Rachel Corrie - it was a pointless act. Until the Palestinian Leadership recognizes Israel they will never have peace for the Israelis can forever use this excuse to keep pounding them until they are no more. This is so psychotic and so damned sad and it's an incredible evasion of reality on the part of the Palestinians.

The Palestinians think they are tough but they ain't no Vietcong - they are not that hard core - and so they had better get used to giving up what they consider some of their land in exchange for a state.

Like it or not, the Palestinians must recognize that Israel is a fact that they can't change, and then learn to live with this fact. The Palestinians must come to realize that they are militarily and politically beaten and make due with the result. To do otherwise is to face oblivion as a people.
20-03-2013, 03:53 PM
(19-03-2013 11:02 PM)Julius Wrote:  

I believe that Rachel Corrie died for the sake of Rachel Corrie - it was a pointless act. Until the Palestinian Leadership recognizes Israel they will never have peace for the Israelis can forever use this excuse to keep pounding them until they are no more. This is so psychotic and so damned sad and it's an incredible evasion of reality on the part of the Palestinians.

The Palestinians think they are tough but they ain't no Vietcong - they are not that hard core - and so they had better get used to giving up what they consider some of their land in exchange for a state.

Like it or not, the Palestinians must recognize that Israel is a fact that they can't change, and then learn to live with this fact. The Palestinians must come to realize that they are militarily and politically beaten and make due with the result. To do otherwise is to face oblivion as a people.

Why should the Palestinians recognize Israel? What makes you think the Palestinians are protesting the existence of Israel? What if........they are protesting Israel because they are forced to live in an apartheid system and are constantly being threatened and attacked by Israel.

How many Israelis recognize Palestine as a separate state? Oh yeah FUCKING ZERO, again why the fuck should Palestinians recognize Israel? Are you one of those pro-Jewish atheists?
21-03-2013, 12:33 PM
(20-03-2013 03:53 PM)I and I Wrote:  Why should the Palestinians recognize Israel? What makes you think the Palestinians are protesting the existence of Israel? What if........they are protesting Israel because they are forced to live in an apartheid system and are constantly being threatened and attacked by Israel.

How many Israelis recognize Palestine as a separate state? Oh yeah FUCKING ZERO, again why the fuck should Palestinians recognize Israel? Are you one of those pro-Jewish atheists?
Once the Palestinians give up the dream that they will destroy Israel, then their case to the US and the UN becomes more legitimate and it becomes more difficult for Israel to take land from them. Otherwise, the Palestinians will continue to be LOOOOOOOOOSERES!

BTW, Clinton negotiated with the Israelis and got them to concede to Palestine most all the land to the 1967 borders - Yasser Arafat could have had a real Palestinian State. But no....Arafat declared the Infitadah and now Palestine is being Dog Fucked on a daily basis.

No one - and I mean no one - can snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory like the Palestinians.

Do you remember the First Gulf War when the Palestinians decided to side with Saddam Hussein and started protesting across the Middle East? Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Libya and all the other Arab countries kicked out their Palestinian Workers as a result. Palestine lost a lot of Arab support. LOOOOOOOSERS - the Palestinians are LOOOOOOOOOSERS.

Do you remember on 9/11 how the Palestinians cheered Osama Bin Laden after the World Trade Centers were destroyed? Palestine not only lost America's sympathy, but they hit a new low in the Arab world, too. LOOOOOOSERS - the Palestinians are LOOOOOOOSERS!

You go have sympathy for these Palestinian Losers if you will. I will not. I will recognize the Palestinians right to exist and to have a state and that's it. As far as the Palestinians getting that Big Israeli Dick out of their ass - well...that's their problem. I don't care.
21-03-2013, 03:45 PM
(21-03-2013 12:33 PM)Julius Wrote:  
(20-03-2013 03:53 PM)I and I Wrote:  Why should the Palestinians recognize Israel? What makes you think the Palestinians are protesting the existence of Israel? What if........they are protesting Israel because they are forced to live in an apartheid system and are constantly being threatened and attacked by Israel.

Once the Palestinians give up the dream that they will destroy Israel, then their case to the US and the UN becomes more legitimate and it becomes more difficult for Israel to take land from them. Otherwise, the Palestinians will continue to be LOOOOOOOOOSERES!

BTW, Clinton negotiated with the Israelis and got them to concede to Palestine most all the land to the 1967 borders - Yasser Arafat could have had a real Palestinian State. But no....Arafat declared the Infitadah and now Palestine is being Dog Fucked on a daily basis.

No one - and I mean no one - can snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory like the Palestinians.

Do you remember the First Gulf War when the Palestinians decided to side with Saddam Hussein and started protesting across the Middle East? Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Libya and all the other Arab countries kicked out their Palestinian Workers as a result. Palestine lost a lot of Arab support. LOOOOOOOSERS - the Palestinians are LOOOOOOOOOSERS.

Do you remember on 9/11 how the Palestinians cheered Osama Bin Laden after the World Trade Centers were destroyed? Palestine not only lost America's sympathy, but they hit a new low in the Arab world, too. LOOOOOOSERS - the Palestinians are LOOOOOOOSERS!

You go have sympathy for these Palestinian Losers if you will. I will not. I will recognize the Palestinians right to exist and to have a state and that's it. As far as the Palestinians getting that Big Israeli Dick out of their ass - well...that's their problem. I don't care.

Another dumb as shit member of the forum I see.

You didn't answer my question, Israel oppresses and wil not allow any attempt for the Palestinians to have a state so why the fuck should they recognize Israel as a state?

And you ignored my other question: what if the protests are due to the living standards and treatment imposed by Israel.

You can go back to not addressing Israeli oppression now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Rachel Maddow AMA Open on Reddit kineo 12 789 16-03-2013 07:02 PM
Last Post: TheBlackKnight
  Rachel Maddow explains how Ron Paul may be the Republican frontrunner. germanyt 5 479 06-03-2012 12:05 PM
Last Post: germanyt