Did Roger or Francis Bacon Really Discover The Scientific Method ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2011, 09:31 AM
RE: Did Roger or Francis Bacon Really Discover The Scientific Method ?
Does anyone actually care if we gave the credit to the wrong person?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2011, 11:34 AM
(29-11-2011 09:31 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Does anyone actually care if we gave the credit to the wrong person?

Apparently, yes. But that's not exactly a new phenomenon.
29-11-2011, 11:42 AM
(29-11-2011 09:31 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Does anyone actually care if we gave the credit to the wrong person?

No, i suppose we don't care if we give the credit to the wrong person, as long as that wrongly credited person is one of us. But we would care if they took credit from one of us and gave it to one of them; so it's no surprise if they care when credit is taken from one of them and given to one of us.
It's all a question of which we and us, innit?

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 3 users Like Peterkin's post
29-11-2011, 06:08 PM
In reality the credit isn't falsely given, the general public may be largely uniformed but it is the same with millions of historical findings.

The credit is largely given to Galileo because the impact of his experimentation had profound impacts on the movement of the observation-hypothesis-experiement-analysis-report.

This isn't uncredited to these great minds of Islamist or Roger and Francis Bacon since the information is readily out there and taught in upper education. It's also legitimately right on Wikipedia under the history of the scientific method.
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
30-11-2011, 09:27 AM
(29-11-2011 06:08 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  In reality the credit isn't falsely given, the general public may be largely uniformed but it is the same with millions of historical findings.

The credit is largely given to Galileo because the impact of his experimentation had profound impacts on the movement of the observation-hypothesis-experiement-analysis-report.

This isn't uncredited to these great minds of Islamist or Roger and Francis Bacon since the information is readily out there and taught in upper education. It's also legitimately right on Wikipedia under the history of the scientific method.

You're right about that, it was easy to find and read about the history of the scientific method and confirm Muslim involvement. Yay. So what's this guy's deal? Troll maybe? He's been entirely unresponsive except to repost a sceond thread and then to repost the same post within the second thread. He's clearly not here for a discussion of any sort. I'm thinking now that this was supposed to be a sort of, "Ha, in your face, bet you didn't know that!" sort of troll post.
30-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Low quality spam?

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
30-11-2011, 10:30 PM
(29-11-2011 11:42 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  

No, i suppose we don't care if we give the credit to the wrong person, as long as that wrongly credited person is one of us. But we would care if they took credit from one of us and gave it to one of them; so it's no surprise if they care when credit is taken from one of them and given to one of us.
It's all a question of which we and us, innit?
Speaking of us versus them... Tongue

My Gwynnies not crediting Star Trek... just some "random" Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2011, 01:16 PM
(30-11-2011 09:27 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(29-11-2011 06:08 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  In reality the credit isn't falsely given, the general public may be largely uniformed but it is the same with millions of historical findings.

You're right about that, it was easy to find and read about the history of the scientific method and confirm Muslim involvement. Yay. So what's this guy's deal? Troll maybe? He's been entirely unresponsive except to repost a sceond thread and then to repost the same post within the second thread. He's clearly not here for a discussion of any sort. I'm thinking now that this was supposed to be a sort of, "Ha, in your face, bet you didn't know that!" sort of troll post.

I see only bad attitudes , stereotypes .....here in this topic , unfortunately enough , i see no real serious attempts to engage the subject of this thread

can u read peoples' minds , even from a distance ?

How can u make such silly assumptions ?

You are totally wrong , my friend :

I am here for serious discussions

& yes, it matters a big deal who really did discover the scientific method

The latter that had the Qura'n self as origin , read Iqbal's book then or that of Briffault
01-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Was the other one deleted? Of the two, this one had the least content so why was this one spared?

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2011, 10:25 PM
(01-12-2011 01:16 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  I see only bad attitudes , stereotypes .....here in this topic , unfortunately enough , i see no real serious attempts to engage the subject of this thread

can u read peoples' minds , even from a distance ?

How can u make such silly assumptions ?

You are totally wrong , my friend :

I am here for serious discussions

& yes, it matters a big deal who really did discover the scientific method

The latter that had the Qura'n self as origin , read Iqbal's book then or that of Briffault

Welcome back! I'm glad I'm wrong, and I'm sorry for my presumption. I presumed you to be a troll because you did a post-and-run. No explanation for your thread and no follow-up to replies. It was hard to read the original post because of all the coding, but I read it. Your link showed me it was copy and pasted from another board. We were left to guess at the answers to our questions.

With that said, I don't see anyone here disputing the assertion that Muslims had a large part in the origin of laying out the scientific method. It seems to be knowledge that's easily obtained, and I personally learned something I didn't know before.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post