Did Roger or Francis Bacon Really Discover The Scientific Method ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2011, 12:50 AM
RE: Did Roger or Francis Bacon Really Discover The Scientific Method ?
(01-12-2011 06:11 PM)Glaucus Wrote:  Was the other one deleted? Of the two, this one had the least content so why was this one spared?

The other one had less content. Not even sure what happened here to cause the two posts. Perhaps someone tried to move it, but copied it by mistake.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Hi, guys , thank you very much for all your reactions

I am very sorry for the lousy shape or look of my thread i just copied & paste from another Ducth forum of ours on the same subject i placed there myself in English , because i did not have enough time for : my sincere apologies for that

http://www.maroc.nl/index.php

http://www.maroc.nl/forums/nieuws-de-dag...ethod.html

I am getting some problems accessing this site , so , forgive me for not being able to address your legetimate questions , remarks ,......

Just try to read Iqbal's & Briffault's books on the matter

I will be back in here if i can at least to further discuss these highly interesting matters with you, guys

In the meantime , thanks again , appreciate , my apologies

Have a nice evening indeed , all the best , Take care
04-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Please do tell me what do u think about those facts : history must be rewritten, i guess, so

Not all religions are irrational, certainly not islam that was at the origin of the scientific method & much more ; u gotta revise all ur presumptions in that regard

P.S.: There is a huge conspiracy of silence in the west as Briffault put it concerning the huge islamic influences in relation to the modern world, so

Islam that was even behind the protestant reformation itself , ironically enough, to mention just that fact
04-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Troll. Big Grin

There is definitely agenda in play. Here's one for ya: do we know the name of the first witch? No we do not, but you can bet your socks she used a primitive form of the scientific method. Also an inspiration for speakers of god to write against witchcraft - eliminate the competition.

Well, guess what? The witches won, because the witches are human using human ingenuity. And Allah wouldn't have it any other way. And I wouldn't be trying to speak for Allah if I were you; he gets grumpy about that kind of stuff. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
04-12-2011, 02:02 PM
I have yet to read anything. But I have to wonder as to why if there was something presented from the muslim community, we would have to re examine anything really. How does it affect the way the islam treats women? Or how they treat homosexuals? I don't get the correlation. Again the scientific method was probably in existence before anyone knew it was something they could put their name on. I don't really understand why it matters.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
04-12-2011, 02:05 PM
(04-12-2011 01:56 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  Please do tell me what do u think about those facts : history must be rewritten, i guess, so

Not all religions are irrational, certainly not islam that was at the origin of the scientific method & much more ; u gotta revise all ur presumptions in that regard

P.S.: There is a huge conspiracy of silence in the west as Briffault put it concerning the huge islamic influences in relation to the modern world, so

Islam that was even behind the protestant reformation itself , ironically enough, to mention just that fact
This kind of stuff always happens. There is definitely anti-Islamic sentiment brewing in the west, which the jihadists are doing nothing to alleviate. If both sides back away from the craziness, the dust will settle, and the historic record will become clear once more.

I personally have no problems with the Koran; the hadith and shari'a however, are questionable. And shari'a law is too primitive to cope with the information age. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
05-12-2011, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2011 04:04 PM by AbdelZ.)
(04-12-2011 02:05 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(04-12-2011 01:56 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  Please do tell me what do u think about those facts : history must be rewritten, i guess, so

This kind of stuff always happens. There is definitely anti-Islamic sentiment brewing in the west, which the jihadists are doing nothing to alleviate. If both sides back away from the craziness, the dust will settle, and the historic record will become clear once more.

I personally have no problems with the Koran; the hadith and shari'a however, are questionable. And shari'a law is too primitive to cope with the information age. Wink

Well, buddy : just try to read Sir Dr. Muhammad Iqbal's "The reconstruction of the religious thought in islam " that's a bit similar to William James ' pragmatic " The varieties of religious experience " in some aspects & much more & Briffault's "The making of humanity " , that might broaden your horizon , i guess

Current muslims are far behind their own belief , they have been hibernating for more than 5 centuries now , they need to reopen their religious theological & other denktanks or Al Ijtihad door at the light of modern time & in islamic terms as Iqbal put it ,thanks to that intrinsic dynamic elastic spirit & nature of islam

Iqbal's book might blow your mind as it did to mine = an understatement , he's probabely the only muslim modern philosopher to tackle the issues of islam in regard to the modern time ,so

Thanks, appreciate

(04-12-2011 02:02 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I have yet to read anything. But I have to wonder as to why if there was something presented from the muslim community, we would have to re examine anything really. How does it affect the way the islam treats women? Or how they treat homosexuals? I don't get the correlation. Again the scientific method was probably in existence before anyone knew it was something they could put their name on. I don't really understand why it matters.

Well, read it first then & check those books while you are at it , that might give you some perspective = an understatement

Fact is , islam was not only at the origin of the scientific method & much more , individualistic & holistic islamic Spain's influences were also behind the individualistic protestant reformation for example that had paved the way for modern thought & modern time = that's not nothing

Think about it

Thanks , appreciate
05-12-2011, 08:17 PM
I might actually get around to reading those books, though to be honest I was just recently turned onto a website full of information by site member LillithPride so it may be a while yet. However none of what you just wrote tells me why it matters. Why does it do anything to change how islam treats people. I don't know if it is supposed to. Maybe it's not and its all about a credit issue, in which case that's all good, and even I can relate to not receiving credit for ideas or work done. It sucks, but I'm pretty sure that after I'm dead I won't care much. Hell I don't really care now.

I'm just wondering why it matters. I understand give credit where credit is due, don't get me wrong, though I seriously doubt in this instance given the subject matter "credit" should go to anyone that is claiming it, but I'm more interested in what you are wanting by posting it. Are you just spreading interesting information? Or trying to prove some point I'm clearly missing? I just don't know so I don't know how to approach the subject.

Sorry if I'm being dense.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
06-12-2011, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 02:35 PM by AbdelZ.)
07-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Hi, guys :

I replyed to some reactions here above , & very politely too as i always do , i tried to clean up this topic , couldn't because it was locked , i tried to put the cleaned up topic in this page , all that was erased , so

Talking about tolerance in this site

So, out of protest against all that , i am leaving this form

All the best , thanks , appreciate