Did Roger or Francis Bacon Really Discover The Scientific Method ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2011, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2011 01:38 PM by AbdelZ.)
RE: Did Roger or Francis Bacon Really Discover The Scientific Method ?
Let's get it over with for the very last time then , i do not have time enough for this + i knew you wouldn't have it in you , guys , to consider new perspectives or insights concerning history, thought , ethics , epistemology , most of the guys i "talked " to here at least :

You just prefer to stick to what you think you know that was mostly whispered to you by your own western cultures in fact , so

I- I am also affected by those biological psychological social cultural & other "mechanisms " that shape our thought thus our behaviour , of course i am, but i am privileged enough to have the one & only true universal objective neutral " tools " to judge interpret analyze evaluate ...all other beliefs , cultures, thoughtstreams, history ....those of islam .

II-No, you are not prepared to argue about this topic's subject , you just stick to what was whispered to you by your cultures mainly or as an organic chemist (Linda Jean Shepherd , i guess , in her unique book : "Lifting the veil : the feminine face of science ") said or something to that same effect at least :

"We were all raised a certain way in order to think & behave a certain way , in order to have a certain representation of reality , missing the whole spectrum of other potential realities or missing other potential degrees of reality in the process "

That unique book of hers was all about the post-modernist post-colonial, post-phallogocentric, post-Eurocentrism ...neo-feminist philosophy of science , logics, epistemology (considering this latter : she talked about the fact that intuition, feeling ....can also be considered as sources of knowledge , together with reason, logic, empiricism , even at the level of exact sciences & even at the level of the queen of all sciences = mathematics , inspired in that by Oriental holism ) , ethics ...

Linda Jean had also studied & applied in her above mentioned great book quantum mechanics, theory of chaos , quantum theory, physics of chemistry, Jung's so-called depth psychology ,the latter she studied for more than 15 years .....awesome book

III- I do not take this personally , i just see you are incapable of being open-minded enough in the sense that you cannot consider other views of life , history, the world, the universe outside of yours

IV- Try to read those books i mentioned

Before denying anything , you gotta read them first , then you would be in a position to argue about them, not the other unscientific way around ,so

Bye
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2011, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2011 01:41 PM by Azaraith.)
(09-12-2011 12:27 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  .......

I see that this is really an impossible task for me to debate this topic with you, guys :

due to your western brainwash mainly that had blown the Greek -Roman heritage beyond any recognition in order to hide or deny those islamic huge influences on modern thought , modern civilization & time

You say you are not brainwashed but you forget all those biological social psychological cultural ideological & other "mechanisms " that shape human thought , thus human behaviour , science is not yet through with : you must be superman then if you pretend not to be subjected to those mechanisms

Read those books i mentioned in this topic & try to learn the fact that we all think differently , that there is not only one thought or one kindda ethics ....in this world , that western thought or ethics , epistemology ...are not universal in the absolute sense , not even remotely close

Try to rid yourselves of your western racist paternalistic imperialistic colonial outdated Eurocentrism by learning from your own post-modernism for example : you are not the center of the universe

Read that great book of Nisbett i mentioned

Sorry, i am not gonna waste my time here any further because otherwise , i would have to make you reconsider almost everything you know about this topic's subject & much more i do not have time for

History must be rewritten , i guess, including that of science

Bye

I'm done. Reading that is a waste of my time as well. You've only shown that you believe your BS to be true and will not even try to find anything supporting it other than the book(s) you originally listed. You haven't even tried bolstering their credibility. Sorry, I'm not going to go out and spend money buying books that propose ludicrous claims that aren't supported by any other authors, but do fall in line with clear biases. I'm sure you'll spin this in your mind to be another example of "brainwashed Westerners", but that's your problem. You have to support your claims with evidence rather than just repeatedly saying (in other words): READ THESE BOOKS. WHAT I'M SAYING IS TRUE, YOU'RE A BRAINWASHED IDIOT IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME!!!! That is a 4 year old's method of debate. Some theists actually make intelligent, reasonable and thought out arguments that add to the discussion and make you think (shout out to kingschosen & spectre Smile), but it seems you've still got a lot of work cut out for you to gain those skills.

Good riddance.

Better without God, and happier too.
09-12-2011, 01:40 PM
[Image: polar-bear-says-hello.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
09-12-2011, 01:50 PM
(09-12-2011 01:34 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  Let's get it over with for the very last time then , i do not have time enough for this + i knew you wouldn't have it in you , guys , to consider new perspectives or insights concerning history, thought , ethics , epistemology , most of the guys i "talked " to here at least :
We don't have it in us to automatically agree with you, you mean. If you knew already, why did you post? To confirm that we were just as biased as you thought?

Quote:You just prefer to stick to what you think you know that was mostly whispered to you by your own western cultures in fact , so

I- I am also affected by those biological psychological social cultural & other "mechanisms " that shape our thought thus our behaviour , of course i am, but i am privileged enough to have the one & only true universal objective neutral " tools " to judge interpret analyze evaluate ...all other beliefs , cultures, thoughtstreams, history ....those of islam .
So if I convert to Islam I also will suddenly understand? What makes you sure that Islam is the right way to go, Mr Not-Influenced-By-Stuff-That-Affects-Everyone? I think all of us are well aware of the dangers of thinking that we're right, *you* are the one who seems not to be so aware.

Quote:"We were all raised a certain way in order to think & behave a certain way , in order to have a certain representation of reality , missing the whole spectrum of other potential realities or missing other potential degrees of reality in the process "
I can agree with that, but we *do* try, at least, to broaden our minds. If everyone acted like you and ran away shouting how close-minded everyone was, how are we supposed to learn?

Quote:IV- Try to read those books i mentioned

Before denying anything , you gotta read them first , then you would be in a position to argue about them, not the other unscientific way around ,so

Why can't you, since you have read them, tell us what the main theme is? I *don't* want to read the whole book, I have plenty of books to read already. But I'm not gonna agree with you just because you've read the book and I haven't.
09-12-2011, 01:50 PM
(09-12-2011 01:35 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  

I see that this is really an impossible task for me to debate this topic with you, guys :

due to your western brainwash mainly that had blown the Greek -Roman heritage beyond any recognition in order to hide or deny those islamic huge influences on modern thought , modern civilization & time

You say you are not brainwashed but you forget all those biological social psychological cultural ideological & other "mechanisms " that shape human thought , thus human behaviour , science is not yet through with : you must be superman then if you pretend not to be subjected to those mechanisms

Read those books i mentioned in this topic & try to learn the fact that we all think differently , that there is not only one thought or one kindda ethics ....in this world , that western thought or ethics , epistemology ...are not universal in the absolute sense , not even remotely close

Try to rid yourselves of your western racist paternalistic imperialistic colonial outdated Eurocentrism by learning from your own post-modernism for example : you are not the center of the universe

Sorry, i am not gonna waste my time here any further because otherwise , i would have to make you reconsider almost everything you know about this topic's subject & much more i do not have time for

Bye

I'm done. Reading that is a waste of my time as well. You've only shown that you believe your BS to be true and will not even try to find anything supporting it other than the book(s) you originally listed. You haven't even tried bolstering their credibility. Sorry, I'm not going to go out and spend money buying books that propose ludicrous claims that aren't supported by any other authors, but do fall in line with clear biases. I'm sure you'll spin this in your mind to be another example of "brainwashed Westerners", but that's your problem. You have to support your claims with evidence rather than just repeatedly saying (in other words): READ THESE BOOKS. WHAT I'M SAYING IS TRUE, YOU'RE A BRAINWASHED IDIOT IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME!!!! That is a 4 year old's method of debate. Some theists actually make intelligent, reasonable and thought out arguments that add to the discussion and make you think (shout out to kingschosen & spectre Smile), but it seems you've still got a lot of work cut out for you to gain those skills.

Good riddance.

You can download those books for free , Eurocentric intolerant narrow-minded brainwashed dummy "thinking atheist " = these are no insults = deductive logic

Those books have overwhelmingly made their case, so , it would cost too much time to debate them this way = you have to initiate your own research on the matter as a result , i am not gonna do just that for you , lazy guy

Good riddance you said : well, what you cannot handle you can easily dispose of haha , easy enough = just stick to your unnuanced Eurocentric Alice's wonderland fairy tales = that's indeed good enough for you because u sound like you do not deserve any better = you do not have to make any futher effort or inquiry on the matter

Oeps ....Just keep on agreeing with each other then = very enlightening haha

Pathetic
09-12-2011, 01:54 PM
(09-12-2011 01:50 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  

Bye

Good riddance.

You can download those books for free , Eurocentric intolerant narrow-minded brainwashed dummy "thinking atheist " = these are no insults = deductive logic

Those books have overwhelmingly made their case, so , it would cost too much time to debate them this way = you have to initiate your own research on the matter as a result , i am not gonna do just that for you , lazy guy

Good riddance you said : well, what you cannot handle you can easily dispose of haha , easy enough = just stick to your unnuanced Eurocentric Alice's wonderland fairy tales = that's indeed good enough for you because u sound like you do not deserve any better = you do not have to make any futher effort or inquiry on the matter

Pathetic

English isn't your first language is it?

09-12-2011, 02:03 PM
The main reason why i am leaving this forum , on top of the other reasons i mentioned here above , is that i do not really have enough time for this :

I just placed this topic for you guys in order to make you initiate your own inquiry or research on the matter because those books you can download for free had already made their case :

Read them & see for yourselves , that's all i can do for you , guys , sorry , it's up to you indeed

Thanks , appreciate anyway
09-12-2011, 02:04 PM
(09-12-2011 02:03 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  The main reason why i am leaving this forum , on top of the other reasons i mentioned here above , is that i do not really have enough time for this :

I just placed this topic for you guys in order to make you initiate your own inquiry or research on the matter because those books you can download for free had already made their case :

Read them & see for yourselves , that's all i can do for you , guys , sorry , it's up to you indeed

Thanks , appreciate anyway

Thanks, brah.

09-12-2011, 02:10 PM
(09-12-2011 01:50 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  You can download those books for free , Eurocentric intolerant narrow-minded brainwashed dummy "thinking atheist " = these are no insults = deductive logic
You didn't tell us that, unless it's buried in one of your massive posts which I didn't bother to read.

Quote:Those books have overwhelmingly made their case, so , it would cost too much time to debate them this way = you have to initiate your own research on the matter as a result , i am not gonna do just that for you , lazy guy
I have to say, I laughed. Fair enough comment. I am a lazy shit. But you seem to want me to believe something, or to acknowledge your magnificent intellect... for that to happen, *you*'ve got to do the leg-work. I don't care one way or the other. If you're desperate to convert me to your non-eurocentric unbiased fantastic way of thought, give me a reason.

You should stick around. Read some of the other topics. Don't post gigabyte posts. You could have some fun Smile
09-12-2011, 02:13 PM
(09-12-2011 01:50 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  

Bye

Good riddance.

Pathetic

[Image: facepalm.gif]

Insults aren't exactly helping your case... It seems you're the one that can't handle it, since you're leaving and all. I can handle it and have, I just require real evidence rather than 2 books and a browbeating that I'm "brainwashed." I may give them a read since they're free, but I can't say I'm expecting much...

Better without God, and happier too.