Did Roger or Francis Bacon Really Discover The Scientific Method ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2011, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2011 04:53 PM by Azaraith.)
RE: Did Roger or Francis Bacon Really Discover The Scientific Method ?
Also, I would read the whole book if it were worth my time. Since it's a PDF, I can easily search for "scientific method" and read jist the pertinent sections. Such sections haven't proven much, considering the uncorroborated claim (without citation at all) that Roger Bacon was a student at a Muslim university. Even then, it wouldn't prove the Muslims invented the process, just that they codified it before Roger Bacon did. Codify != invent.

Also, in other news, Islam showing what it's worth on Saudi Arabia: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...cuted.html

Better without God, and happier too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2011, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2011 02:54 PM by AbdelZ.)
[+] 1 user Likes AbdelZ's post
13-12-2011, 03:58 PM
(11-12-2011 02:04 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  Post -modernism had even proved that objectivity does not exist , not even at the level of exact sciences, let alone elsewhere, so

Science that's just a form of culture , a social human activity , a representation of reality , practiced by scientists humans via their own biological social psychological cultural ideological & other backgrounds , despite the fact that science is a methodic disciplined human activity

Those human backgrounds of scientists determin & even shape the direction of research & its paradigms = those of materialism as an Eurocentric ideology : an extremist one that was the historic cultural philosophical economic political moral ethical....product of the conflict of medieval Europe with its own inquisitory backward church = The unrealistic nihillistic spiritual extremism fanatism of the medieval church had produced its very opposite : materialistic extremism fanatism

materialism as the new modern ideology "religion "

Ah, I see now - you're a post-modernist. Well, if you believe that science is merely a cultural viewpoint, could you please explain - culturally - what keeps the internet up, how airplanes stay up in the air, how antibiotics work?

Science is culture neutral. Science has found no 'immaterial'. Science is the same in Asia as it is in Europe.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-12-2011, 08:14 PM

13-12-2011, 11:39 PM
(13-12-2011 02:17 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  But , do not worry , islam will be always there to help you, guys , out of your current & future dark ages as islam did in relation to medieval Europe by helping it out of its own medieval dark age under that extremely inquisitory discriminatory , antisemistic , ignorant superstitious ...medieval church

Congratulations

Thanks, appreciate

Good night indeed : & sweet dreams , sleep tight & do not let the bed bugs bite

You crack me up man Smile You've obviously read widely yourself and I like that you know about Hume and Locke and Western history. But you have just one fixed viewpoint, that Islam is the best Smile.

Would you say then that Islam is not anti-Semitic, discriminatory, ignorant and superstitious? Wink

PS: Bedbugs always bite me. I think it might be the fact that I'm an atheist. They're pretty judgmental little critters.
14-12-2011, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2011 03:56 PM by AbdelZ.)
15-12-2011, 08:57 PM
(14-12-2011 03:49 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  haha

Well, once again : it would cost me a lots of time to answer your questions i really cannot afford to waste , that's why i told you to try to read those books

Don't you think you should make time for something as important as the origin of the scientific method for example ?

I just placed this thread for you guys in order to incite you to make your own inquiry or research on the matter , so, it's up to you , suit yourselves

I really do not have time to do just that for you, lazy silly guy

Your silly childish insults won't change a thing

Bye

Reading those books would take me far longer than it would take you to back them up. Maybe you've got the mistaken idea that your time is more valuable than mine, but you've made the claim and you need to do the legwork to prove it. Reading the entire book would be almost pointless for me as well, since it doesn't even mention the scientific method until more than 100 pages in and when it does, the argument is weak at best. He makes one unsupported claim that contradicts any/all other accounts to start (Bacon studied at a Muslim college in Spain) and then quotes the author from your other book in support of his claim. Following that, he goes on a long segment about how wonderful Islam is.

It isn't really worth my time to go into detailed research about who "invented" the scientific method, it doesn't change anything. If anything, it'd make me puzzled as to why Islamic countries are so backwards now if they were scientifically advanced centuries ago.

You made the claim, but can't back it up, big surprise. I'm done trying here - you've not bothered to attempt a response to any of my points, so I'm done. I leave you with these words, courtesy of Greydon Square:

Quote:This is to Islam, and its fundamentalism:
the day you release your women, I'll quit releasing venom
until then, no amount of scientific contributions
could ever excuse your hateful chauvinistic institution
But, here's the real reason I'm not a muslim,
Children - See, your anointed prophet used to fuck 'em
Listen, mohammed was taking children as wives
one he married at six and consummated at nine
He was somewhere in his 50's trying to get in them drawers
she wasn't even 10 yet, still playing with dolls
So they try to give me that, "oh the times were different"
rationalizing atrocities now you sound like christians.
I charge the views on women as sickening
either update the culture or just fade into history
but either way...

[+] 2 users Like Azaraith's post
16-12-2011, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2011 03:05 PM by AbdelZ.)
I am gonna repeat myself once again because you don't seem to be able to listen or learn , silly vulgar ignorant intolerant narrow-minded ...Eurocentric ...fill in the blanks , multiple choices still ...freak :

I just placed this thread in order to incite you, guys , to initiate your own inquiry on the matter because addressing this topic's issue would cost me too much time i cannot afford to waste , read those books then regarding something as important as the origin of the scientific method = very worth it

Well, if you think vulgar insults are arguments , you must be a very pathetic guy

Further more : you are too dumb , too mentally conditioned , too brainwashed , too indoctrinated ...to talk to , silly vulgar freak = these are no insults = deductive logic

So, i am not gonna allow myself to further sink to your own inferior vulgar level

P.S.: western thought , ethics , formal logic , epistemology ...are not "universal, true , objective " in the absolute sense = not even remotely close , so

try to read this great unique book on the matter i mentioned earlier :

"Geography of Thought " or how westerners & Asians think differently & why ? by culture psychologist Richard E.Nisbett , even though it's just a secular liberal evolutionary view
16-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Mmmmmmm Bacon!
16-12-2011, 03:06 PM
(16-12-2011 02:59 PM)davidbehrns Wrote:  Mmmmmmm Bacon!

haha

No wonder that we do not ...eat it