Did Roger or Francis Bacon Really Discover The Scientific Method ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2011, 06:50 PM
RE: Did Roger or Francis Bacon Really Discover The Scientific Method ?
(16-12-2011 02:51 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  I am gonna repeat myself once again because you don't seem to be able to listen or learn , silly vulgar ignorant intolerant narrow-minded ...Eurocentric ...fill in the blanks , multiple choices still ...freak :

I just placed this thread in order to incite you, guys , to initiate your own inquiry on the matter because addressing this topic's issue would cost me too much time i cannot afford to waste , read those books then regarding something as important as the origin of the scientific method = very worth it

Well, if you think vulgar insults are arguments , you must be a very pathetic guy

Further more : you are too dumb , too mentally conditioned , too brainwashed , too indoctrinated ...to talk to , silly vulgar freak = these are no insults = deductive logic

So, i am not gonna allow myself to further sink to your own inferior vulgar level

P.S.: western thought , ethics , formal logic , epistemology ...are not "universal, true , objective " in the absolute sense = not even remotely close , so

try to read this great unique book on the matter i mentioned earlier :

"Geography of Thought " or how westerners & Asians think differently & why ? by culture psychologist Richard E.Nisbett , even though it's just a secular liberal evolutionary view

lmao. You really are a fucking idiot, aren't you? a) I don't have the time to read the book, which would take longer than you typing out a paragraph or so supporting your ridiculous argument and b) Aside from "read this book", it seems that ad-hominem attacks are all you have to offer. Hypocrite, much?

I don't have the time. I don't know where you get the idea that I have enough time to read 300 pages on a topic, while you can't make time for a few paragraphs of writing, but it's just insulting that you think your time is worth so much more. I guarantee you it isn't, by any definable measure...

Better without God, and happier too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Azaraith's post
16-12-2011, 07:45 PM
My my, thanks for illustrating "tempest in a teapot" for me fellas. Reminds me of the Leibniz vs. Newton Calculus debate. We use Leibniz's notation and give general credit to Newton for what was essentially a pregnant idea ready to pop. If neither of them had elucidated it, someone else would've. That's just the way math and science works. Psssst, neither one of them give a shit anymore so why should I.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-12-2011, 07:53 PM
(16-12-2011 07:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My my, thanks for illustrating "tempest in a teapot" for me fellas. Reminds me of the Leibniz vs. Newton Calculus debate. We use Leibniz's notation and give general credit to Newton for what was essentially a pregnant idea ready to pop. If neither of them had elucidated it, someone else would've. That's just the way math and science works. Psssst, neither one of them give a shit anymore so why should I.

More like an example of rational argument vs. idee fixe and ad hominem attack.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-12-2011, 08:08 PM
(16-12-2011 07:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-12-2011 07:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My my, thanks for illustrating "tempest in a teapot" for me fellas. Reminds me of the Leibniz vs. Newton Calculus debate. We use Leibniz's notation and give general credit to Newton for what was essentially a pregnant idea ready to pop. If neither of them had elucidated it, someone else would've. That's just the way math and science works. Psssst, neither one of them give a shit anymore so why should I.

More like an example of rational argument vs. idee fixe and ad hominem attack.

Dunno know why people just don't walk away once ad hominem is introduced. The debate is over, no further rational discourse is possible. ... But I guess a tempest in a teapot can be entertaining. I mean I found it fun.

16-12-2011, 09:08 PM
(16-12-2011 08:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dunno know why people just don't walk away once ad hominem is introduced. The debate is over, no further rational discourse is possible. ... But I guess a tempest in a teapot can be entertaining. I mean I found it fun.

Good point, but I certainly like to give someone a chance to calm down and recognize the error of his ways. But this guy seems off the deep end.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-12-2011, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2011 11:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-12-2011 09:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-12-2011 08:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dunno know why people just don't walk away once ad hominem is introduced. The debate is over, no further rational discourse is possible. ... But I guess a tempest in a teapot can be entertaining. I mean I found it fun.

Good point, but I certainly like to give someone a chance to calm down and recognize the error of his ways. But this guy seems off the deep end.

I think AbdelZ has something useful to say, but right now he's too preoccupied with being an asshole to convey it.

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-12-2011, 10:39 AM
I kinda enjoy prodding him on lol. I think he just wants the last word and thinks he "wins" if everyone else gives up. I imagine this isn't too far off what he looks like when posting:

[Image: baddaysmtx0.gif?1280744217]

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 2 users Like Azaraith's post
17-12-2011, 11:38 AM
(16-12-2011 06:50 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  
(16-12-2011 02:51 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  I am gonna repeat myself once again because you don't seem to be able to listen or learn , silly vulgar ignorant intolerant narrow-minded ...Eurocentric ...fill in the blanks , multiple choices still ...freak :

I just placed this thread in order to incite you, guys , to initiate your own inquiry on the matter because addressing this topic's issue would cost me too much time i cannot afford to waste , read those books then regarding something as important as the origin of the scientific method = very worth it

Well, if you think vulgar insults are arguments , you must be a very pathetic guy

Further more : you are too dumb , too mentally conditioned , too brainwashed , too indoctrinated ...to talk to , silly vulgar freak = these are no insults = deductive logic

So, i am not gonna allow myself to further sink to your own inferior vulgar level

P.S.: western thought , ethics , formal logic , epistemology ...are not "universal, true , objective " in the absolute sense = not even remotely close , so

try to read this great unique book on the matter i mentioned earlier :

"Geography of Thought " or how westerners & Asians think differently & why ? by culture psychologist Richard E.Nisbett , even though it's just a secular liberal evolutionary view

lmao. You really are a fucking idiot, aren't you? a) I don't have the time to read the book, which would take longer than you typing out a paragraph or so supporting your ridiculous argument and b) Aside from "read this book", it seems that ad-hominem attacks are all you have to offer. Hypocrite, much?

I don't have the time. I don't know where you get the idea that I have enough time to read 300 pages on a topic, while you can't make time for a few paragraphs of writing, but it's just insulting that you think your time is worth so much more. I guarantee you it isn't, by any definable measure...

what's ur problem, dummy ? try to deal with ur own issues instead of projecting them on others , can't u read ?
Don't read those books then, don't make any own inquiry on the matter , silly piece of sh.... haha , who cares anyway about what you do or do not do

Grow up, silly ignorant vulgar brainwashed Eurocentric intolerant narrow-minded dumb freak sub-chimp Pavlov's dog , get a life

Let's keep on insulting each other for a change then haha: easy enough

(17-12-2011 10:39 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  I kinda enjoy prodding him on lol. I think he just wants the last word and thinks he "wins" if everyone else gives up. I imagine this isn't too far off what he looks like when posting:

[Image: baddaysmtx0.gif?1280744217]

haha

Assumptions are the mothers of all fuck up, silly, grow up, moron , get a life

Talk normally like a decent human being or just shut the fuck up haha
17-12-2011, 11:45 AM

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
17-12-2011, 11:45 AM
(16-12-2011 11:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-12-2011 09:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  

I think AbdelZ has something useful to say, but right now he's too preoccupied with being an asshole to convey it.

See the context of this silly childish unproductive thing that moron started :

read what i said to him first ; he's the one acting like an asshole really: he does not listen to what people have to say , he just want them to act & think the way he wants them to , silly really

He's the one who needs to grow up & have a life , so a spoiled brat is he