Did Santorum almost call Obama the N word?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Did Santorum almost call Obama the N word?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egtaV6Pj8yI

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2012, 11:54 AM
RE: Did Santorum almost call Obama the N word?
Big Grin Cause if ya don't laugh yer gonna cry. And supposedly these "candidates" are the best America has to offer...

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-03-2012, 12:02 PM
I was talking about this with my wife this morning, and I couldn't think of a single possible word he might have been reaching for that would have made sense, other than the N word.

From the YouTube comments, though..

Quote:Possible things Santorum could have almost said:
Niggard - noun - A stingy or ungenerous person. (That Makes sense..)
Nigella - any plant of the genus Nigella (Ooo, this one is creative, Santorum)
Nigrescence - tending toward black; blackish. (You're gettin' there..)
Niggle - to work ineffectively; trifle: to niggle with an uninteresting task. (Totally possible)
Niggly - a slight feeling as of misgiving, uncertainty, etc..
See, Santorum wasn't about to say nigger... Wait, no he totally was...

I seriously doubt that he would have reached for any of those words. Who uses those words? I've never heard them. I have a hard time believing that they are in his vocabulary. But, if he was going to say the word, then he should have committed... full stop halfway through the word would have been far more damaging than trying to explain that the word he used might have sounded similar to the N word, but it was a different word.

I got the feeling that he was thinking he needs to make sure he doesn't use the N word, and so it was on his mind.
30-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Doesn't really make a difference because the guy's a cartoon. Cat will only get somewhere if the powers that be put him somewhere.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
30-03-2012, 12:07 PM
(30-03-2012 12:02 PM)kineo Wrote:  I was talking about this with my wife this morning, and I couldn't think of a single possible word he might have been reaching for that would have made sense, other than the N word.

Quote:Possible things Santorum could have almost said:
Niggard - noun - A stingy or ungenerous person. (That Makes sense..)
Nigella - any plant of the genus Nigella (Ooo, this one is creative, Santorum)
Nigrescence - tending toward black; blackish. (You're gettin' there..)
Niggle - to work ineffectively; trifle: to niggle with an uninteresting task. (Totally possible)
Niggly - a slight feeling as of misgiving, uncertainty, etc..
See, Santorum wasn't about to say nigger... Wait, no he totally was...

I seriously doubt that he would have reached for any of those words. Who uses those words? I've never heard them. I have a hard time believing that they are in his vocabulary. But, if he was going to say the word, then he should have committed... full stop halfway through the word would have been far more damaging than trying to explain that the word he used might have sounded similar to the N word, but it was a different word.

I got the feeling that he was thinking he needs to make sure he doesn't use the N word, and so it was on his mind.
Unless one is racist or hateful, why would one need so much mental focus on not saying the word?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
30-03-2012, 12:12 PM
(30-03-2012 12:07 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 12:02 PM)kineo Wrote:  I was talking about this with my wife this morning, and I couldn't think of a single possible word he might have been reaching for that would have made sense, other than the N word.

Unless one is racist or hateful, why would one need so much mental focus on not saying the word?

Exactly. Thumbsup
30-03-2012, 12:23 PM
I think it's more Freudian than anything. A subconscious deep seeded racism that perhaps lately he's been fighting in order to be a public official. And it just came out on accident. Still, it's not cool.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
30-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Wasn't there already a big issue of Santorum with this in the past? I don't think it was the N word he was about to say... Yet it wasn't long ago there was a time he was talking about poor and was about to say black but stopped himself midword.

It's an odd slip but it doesn't even make sense if he was going to say it other than a slip... "An Anti-war, government" 'nigger?' Doesn't make sense but Santorum really doesn't have to.
30-03-2012, 12:33 PM
(30-03-2012 12:27 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Wasn't there already a big issue of Santorum with this in the past? I don't think it was the N word he was about to say... Yet it wasn't long ago there was a time he was talking about poor and was about to say black but stopped himself midword.

It's an odd slip but it doesn't even make sense if he was going to say it other than a slip... "An Anti-war, government" 'nigger?' Doesn't make sense but Santorum really doesn't have to.
I just wonder what makes more sense? That sentence does make sense if you're racist. I don't think that's what he wanted to say... but it seems like that's what was going to come out. Like Germanyt said- it was a slip. But it's probably going to be a costly and revealing slip.
30-03-2012, 01:02 PM
(30-03-2012 12:23 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I think it's more Freudian than anything. A subconscious deep seeded racism that perhaps lately he's been fighting in order to be a public official. And it just came out on accident. Still, it's not cool.
And republicans wonder why they can't get traction in the African-American community...smh...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]