Did TTA change you, and if so, how?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2014, 05:51 PM
RE: Did TTA change you, and if so, how?
How do this website change me? Well to be honest, I really came here to post something that I was going to use going to use against a creationist but the YouTube comment section of the video got rid of all the comments. So in reality I would never be here if it was not for me wanting to release those words on a website. I can't say I changed much, maybe my idea of people but that is about it. I can't say anything about getting to know new people here because I know you guys but I don't really "know" you guys. I can also say my self-esteem went up since I have been here, so I guess that is the major plus.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
23-10-2014, 06:18 PM
I learned that it's turtles all the way down, silly.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-10-2014, 06:40 PM
(19-10-2014 06:51 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(19-10-2014 01:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I learned that a young Kraut knows English better than me. ... or is it "than I" ... Huh ... Consider ... Hobo

"Better than I" is grammatically correct, as it is in full "[he] knows English better than I [do]"; it would, however, be the mark of an extreme pedant to make the correction, since "better than me" is so much more colloquially widespread...
(as such, I'm rather surprised Vosur hadn't commented)

I'm gonna start a new thread "Are Germans genetically capable of not being pedantic?"

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
23-10-2014, 07:26 PM
As a result of TTA I think of many things in a different way now, which I like. I've learned many great things I am thankful for. However, some parts of me are slightly more jaded as well. More gain than pain though. Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
23-10-2014, 09:57 PM
(21-10-2014 03:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What everyone seems to call "being a cunt" I call "not being a douchebag who just talks behind peoples backs and is honest and straight up".

Those two ideas aren't mutually exclusive. One can be an honest cunt.

Tongue

[+] 3 users Like Dark Light's post
23-10-2014, 11:14 PM
(23-10-2014 09:57 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 03:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What everyone seems to call "being a cunt" I call "not being a douchebag who just talks behind peoples backs and is honest and straight up".

Those two ideas aren't mutually exclusive. One can be an honest cunt.

Tongue

But honesty is not a requirement.

Whereas, openness...

Wink

24-10-2014, 12:17 AM
It's helped me recover and understand I'm not alone in my deconversion, and that the mood swings are pretty typical. It's helped keep me from second guessing myself and lapsing back into the guilt stricken world of Christianity.

Introduced me to recognizing logical fallacies - so it has improved my debate skills. I'm getting better at verbalizing my opinions offline.

It's also kept me off Facebook where I tend to mouth off and say things I shouldn't. The rant thread is great for that. Keeps me out of trouble.

I'm trying to stay awake and have been drinking loads of coffee while I transition to night shift. Please excuse any incoherent thoughts should any exist.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
24-10-2014, 04:51 AM
Oh yeah I am more honest with you guys than real life, but that is because I will most likely never meet any of you.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-10-2014, 04:13 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2014 02:26 PM by yakherder.)
Not really. I was atheist before the internet. As a kid I didn't believe half the shit they said in church, but I've never been overly concerned with whether or not anyone agrees with me and, as a self diagnosed schizoid with psychopathic tendencies (I'm at least partly sarcastic, or am I? Tongue), I accepted long ago that to make it in this world you have to put on a face. Since I enjoyed going to church camp every summer, since it involved camping away from home for a couple weeks, I just kept my mouth shut. Never been one to make a big deal out of the concept of "coming out," so to speak.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
25-10-2014, 07:37 PM
TTA made me a mom...?
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post