Did TTA change you, and if so, how?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: Did TTA change you, and if so, how?
(17-10-2014 07:23 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I learned that if I present myself the right way, people will visualize me as a medically anomalous, dopey cat.

Anomalous? I thought it had downs syndrome. Or at least the feline equivalent. Hence the name tard cat (tardtar sauce being a cover so the owners didn't come across as dicks)

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
17-10-2014, 07:38 PM
(17-10-2014 07:13 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Once you've seen Girly in a fundoshi... well...

It's a right of passage. You can't truly be a member of the forum if you havent seen Girly in a fundoshi Tongue

[+] 8 users Like FSM_scot's post
17-10-2014, 07:39 PM
(17-10-2014 07:38 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 07:13 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Once you've seen Girly in a fundoshi... well...

It's a right of passage. You can't truly be a member of the forum if you havent seen Girly in a fundoshi Tongue

Multiple times! Shocking

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
17-10-2014, 07:40 PM
(17-10-2014 10:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  It certainly changed me.

Having been an unbeliever since I was 10, I never labeled myself as atheist. Nobody I knew ever did. My many friends over the years all never mentioned religion, and that is likely why I picked them.

I come from a different time and place than most people here, in my parent's time atheists were totally closeted or they would lose job and family. There was no outlet, no internet, no groups, no lectures, nothing. You just kept your secret and took it to the grave. Both my parents didn't come out as atheists until they refused the priest on their death bed. As their very last act, they took a stand.

Me, I didn't even worry about it, we never discussed religion at home at all and I never did until I came here. I never discussed it with my first husband at all, religion wasn't mentioned. We did marry in Catholic church for relatives, and had a civil ceremony with friends. That was mostly because our friends and our relatives didn't mix very well. Tongue

My second husband - I asked "religion?" and he shook his head. That was it for over 30 years until he went into a long rant about phony religious people - on his deathbed.

The events after his death are what caused me to look online for some place to vent about religion. It still felt weird and forbidden to search for "atheist".

That was going on 3 years ago. Since then I have come out to a number of people, learned a lot about religion and gotten very comfortable with the label atheist.

So now we have lots of teenagers here who want to come out but can't because they fear their parent's reaction. So they have to wait a couple of years... sure beats having to wait until you are on your death bed.

Society has changed a ton during my lifetime, and so have I. But likely one of the biggest changes happened after I joined TTA.

I've changed a great deal since I joined this forum; I am far more well-versed in reality than I was prior to my joining and I'm become far more curious.

I've also become more of an asshole; increasingly ready to call people out on their bullshit.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 11 users Like Free Thought's post
17-10-2014, 07:50 PM
(17-10-2014 07:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 07:38 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  It's a right of passage. You can't truly be a member of the forum if you havent seen Girly in a fundoshi Tongue

Multiple times! Shocking

I checked with my attorney and he said "It comes awfully close to violating local hazing and international indecent exposure laws."

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-10-2014, 07:54 PM
(17-10-2014 07:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I checked with my attorney and he said "It comes awfully close to violating local hazing and international indecent exposure laws."

From now on it will take place in international waters Thumbsup

[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
17-10-2014, 08:03 PM
(17-10-2014 07:54 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 07:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I checked with my attorney and he said "It comes awfully close to violating local hazing and international indecent exposure laws."

From now on it will take place in international waters Thumbsup

My asshole brother who gave it to me swore it was a Clan Fraser kilt. Bastard.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-10-2014, 08:03 PM
(17-10-2014 07:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 07:38 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  It's a right of passage. You can't truly be a member of the forum if you havent seen Girly in a fundoshi Tongue

Multiple times! Shocking

I'm not a real member.

Who'da thunk it?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
17-10-2014, 08:04 PM
(17-10-2014 08:03 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 07:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Multiple times! Shocking

I'm not a real member.

Who'da thunk it?

Awww, geez - you know what has to happen now, right? Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
17-10-2014, 08:05 PM
(17-10-2014 08:03 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 07:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Multiple times! Shocking

I'm not a real member.

Who'da thunk it?

What's your age? And your tolerance for that which has been seen can never be unseen?

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post