Did We Really Need A Study For This?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2014, 07:29 PM
RE: Did We Really Need A Study For This?
It's one thing to be sure of something. It's another thing to be sure of something and have data.

That another thing is "better".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
24-07-2014, 07:37 PM
(24-07-2014 07:29 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  It's one thing to be sure of something. It's another thing to be sure of something and have data.

That another thing is "better".

I get rather annoyed when I hear ingrates badmouthing "frivolous" or "unnecessary" science.

No; it's all worthwhile. Something "everybody already knows" ain't worth shit without the data.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
24-07-2014, 07:54 PM
This is indeed true - I just prefer making a snarky comment now and again Wink

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
24-07-2014, 08:11 PM
(24-07-2014 07:54 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  This is indeed true - I just prefer making a snarky comment now and again Wink

Yes, but tracking bear scat is actually a very useful ecological data point.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
24-07-2014, 09:06 PM
When you teach children that magic and psychic powers and talking animals and magical floods and angels exist. THEN teach them that everything their parents, pastor, and the bible tells them is to NEVER EVER be questioned or taken a second thought of, even for a micro second.

Why the fucking hell is anypony surprised about this outcome? What did everypony THINK would happen about this?

This is what Bill Nye and Richard Dawkins and Sagan warned us about would happen.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
24-07-2014, 11:56 PM
(24-07-2014 09:06 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  This is what Bill Nye and Richard Dawkins and Sagan warned us about would happen.

Alas! The House of Israel is a wicked and perverse generation, and has not listened to the latest crop of prophets!

Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-07-2014, 12:23 AM
I love this study. I think it's important.

I live in a southern state, USA, and boy do southerners love that old time religion.

Children in southern American are shown to receive a much poorer quality of education than children in the rest of the country.

Maybe, just maybe, all it takes to grow up to be a special kind of "dumb ass" (a southern colloquialism) is to be a child growing up with fundamental Christian parents living in a primarily Christian fundamentalist community being taught by a Christian fundamentalist teacher Shocking.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
25-07-2014, 06:17 AM
(25-07-2014 12:23 AM)Dee Wrote:  I love this study. I think it's important.

I live in a southern state, USA, and boy do southerners love that old time religion.

Children in southern American are shown to receive a much poorer quality of education than children in the rest of the country.

Maybe, just maybe, all it takes to grow up to be a special kind of "dumb ass" (a southern colloquialism) is to be a child growing up with fundamental Christian parents living in a primarily Christian fundamentalist community being taught by a Christian fundamentalist teacher Shocking.

And this is why the southern states are in the forefront campaigning against the Common Core - their students can't measure up.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
25-07-2014, 06:38 PM
Did We Really Need A Study For This?
It's not much better in the Midwest. Lots of Mormons and Catholics in st louie. Did you backwards southern dipshits know Jesus was born right here in Missouri? Same birthplace of one Sheryl Crow.

I lived in central Indiana as a child. We were one of the few families who did not go to church. Lots of private god schools for the financially well off. But it was never forced upon me until I moved here.

Point is it doesn't really matter where it's most concentrated, but rather the ripple effect it projects. Not everyone from the south is a fanatic. Nor is everyone from there as retarded as the people that are representing them in DC. This applies to all regions.