Did anyone enjoy going to church?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2014, 08:22 AM
RE: Did anyone enjoy going to church?
Hated it.

Boring boring boring my aunt sings too loud and off-key boring boring the minister's son is cute boring boring boring this stupid dress itches boring use the little pencil to doodle on an envelope get the hairy eyeball from my grandmother boring boring ooo look at all the money in the plate boring boring boring is it over yet boring boring boring boring.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
21-10-2014, 08:26 AM
(21-10-2014 08:00 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 07:58 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  I could hardly wait to go to church as a teenager. But that's only because I was home-schooled and church was really my only social outlet. During the preaching part I was usually anticipating church finally being over so I could talk to people again. I did enjoy the singing though.

I was homeschooled for a few years, too.. I didn't think of that as a factor Consider

True. I think it was a factor for me because if I was given a choice between going to church for religious reasons or going to hangout with church friends- I would've shamefully picked the latter. Smile

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
21-10-2014, 08:27 AM
The church my ex dragged me too believed in speaking in tongues. Fucking weird. Never felt comfortable when they started doing that.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
21-10-2014, 08:30 AM
(21-10-2014 08:27 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  The church my ex dragged me too believed in speaking in tongues. Fucking weird. Never felt comfortable when they started doing that.

I went to those types of churches my whole life. Especially the one I went to as a teenager. They would "dance", run, speak in tongues, and guilt people into dancing, running, and speaking in tongues.

their lives a mimicry,
-Oscar Wilde
21-10-2014, 08:35 AM
(21-10-2014 08:30 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 08:27 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  The church my ex dragged me too believed in speaking in tongues. Fucking weird. Never felt comfortable when they started doing that.

I went to those types of churches my whole life. Especially the one I went to as a teenager. They would "dance", run, speak in tongues, and guilt people into dancing, running, and speaking in tongues.

Yeah that seems crazy. The church I went to was extremely docile. Church of Christ. No choir, no musical instruments, no tongues, no clapping. One time somebody clapped after a person got baptized and everybody turned their heads all wide-eyed like he had just desecrated the church. It was silence all the time except for the occasional, hearty "amen" from a few of the old guys. Never the ladies, cause they're meant to be silent.. Unless singing (but not leading singing).

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
21-10-2014, 08:37 AM
I put off a pretty strong, "Back the fuck off attitude", when I'm uncomfortable or angry, so I never got pressured into even going up front and asking Jesus to come be inside me (they did this every service). But I saw many who appeared to do it under peer pressure type situations.
21-10-2014, 08:40 AM
I went forward partly because I believed and partly because I wanted to drink the grape juice they passed around every Sunday morning.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
21-10-2014, 08:48 AM
There was no juice. You just went and knelt at the stage and got prayed over as if Jesus was up on stage waiting for you to join him when it was over. Even then I knew these people were merely experiencing psychological highs from chemicals produced in the brain...but if I would've said that my girlfriend wouldn't have given me any sex at the end of the day.
21-10-2014, 08:49 AM
[/quote]

Yeah that seems crazy. The church I went to was extremely docile. Church of Christ. No choir, no musical instruments, no tongues, no clapping. One time somebody clapped after a person got baptized and everybody turned their heads all wide-eyed like he had just desecrated the church. It was silence all the time except for the occasional, hearty "amen" from a few of the old guys. Never the ladies, cause they're meant to be silent.. Unless singing (but not leading singing).
[/quote]

LOL that's hilarious about the one person clapping. Clapping was actually frowned upon at my church because they thought clapping your hands wasn't really a form of worship and that it was something you only do at a concert, but not at church. Even though Psalms talks about clapping. But whatever, that's the old testament. Fuck the old testament. Lol Laugh out load

their lives a mimicry,
-Oscar Wilde
21-10-2014, 09:00 AM
With my family, no. I didn't know anyone and it was boring. The one at my school yes.