Did anyone here consider/convert to another faith?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2016, 06:52 AM
RE: Did anyone here consider/convert to another faith?
People are emotional first and rational second. Most, atheists included, can be converted to even completely ridiculous belief systems in the right social context.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
03-03-2016, 06:52 AM
I went from atheism to agnostisism to faithful in GOD.

It is a shame that so many (religious) are so scared to even consider other religions as too being faithful to GOD. Especially when the majority of texts say to fear no thing but GOD. If their opinion is that these other faiths may be the devil in disquise then why fear them?

Never really went from one religion to another. Just expand on what I understand to be faithful to GOD, without any real division. I base my opinions on religions on the books they stem from. However many sects, or religions often move very far from the actual teachings of their respective scriptures and their conscience in favor of material gain and or the admiration/acceptance of others.

Peace
[+] 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post
03-03-2016, 10:58 AM
before becoming an atheist I did once considered converting to the Jedi Order Bowing Smartass
03-03-2016, 11:03 AM
(02-03-2016 09:28 PM)Rkane819 Wrote:  Just curious is anyone on here ever seriously considered or actually converted to another faith tradition before becoming an atheist? I can say that I never did, grew up Catholic and when i found my way out all the other major religions just seemed so obviously false.

If you did consider another I'd love to hear about it and what your thought process was.

Dunno about that but the guy who started the Raving Atheist web site became a Raving theist. You can read all about it here: http://www.salvomag.com/new/articles/sal...theist.php

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
03-03-2016, 11:21 AM
(03-03-2016 06:52 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I went from atheism to agnostisism to faithful in GOD.

It is a shame that so many (religious) are so scared to even consider other religions as too being faithful to GOD. Especially when the majority of texts say to fear no thing but GOD. If their opinion is that these other faiths may be the devil in disquise then why fear them?

Never really went from one religion to another. Just expand on what I understand to be faithful to GOD, without any real division. I base my opinions on religions on the books they stem from. However many sects, or religions often move very far from the actual teachings of their respective scriptures and their conscience in favor of material gain and or the admiration/acceptance of others.

Peace

Which God do you follow?
03-03-2016, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2016 11:50 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(03-03-2016 06:52 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I went from atheism to agnostisism to faithful in GOD.

Snort.
Thank you self-righteous Church Lady.
Why were you not in agnosticism long enough to learn to spell it correctly ?
No wonder you changed. Maybe you couldn't find it in "Belief Systems for Dummies" ?

I'm glad you are humble enough to have already judged yourself, and won't need the last one. Facepalm

Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-03-2016, 11:30 AM
I'm considering Judaism. They have cool hats, don't shave and have braided sideburns. I wanna be a Mekubbal.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-03-2016, 11:31 AM
(03-03-2016 11:21 AM)Rkane819 Wrote:  

Peace

Which God do you follow?

He's either a pantheist or a panentheist without realizing it.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
03-03-2016, 11:43 AM
I actually never considered changing my Faith.
My aunt Faith is a cutie, always sends birthday and holiday cards, and is a hoot to have over to dinner. My dog even likes her. So no. I'll keep the one I have.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-03-2016, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2016 03:34 PM by Leo.)
(03-03-2016 11:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm considering Judaism. They have cool hats, don't shave and have braided sideburns. I wanna be a Mekubbal.

Yeah me too. I would thank Aliza for that. Jews in general are pretty cool. They don't want to convert others to their faith. Christians for centuries were assholes against the Jews. I will never convert to any religion but Judaism and Buddhism are cool in my book.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post