Did anyone here consider/convert to another faith?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2016, 05:38 PM
RE: Did anyone here consider/convert to another faith?
(03-03-2016 03:43 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 11:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm considering Judaism. They have cool hats, don't shave and have braided sideburns. I wanna be a Mekubbal.

I hope you're already circumcised.

Dude if I wasn't circumcised I'd last about 10 seconds.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-03-2016, 05:39 PM
(03-03-2016 05:21 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  [Image: revbone01.jpg]

BOB!!!!

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-03-2016, 05:57 PM
(03-03-2016 05:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 05:21 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  [Image: revbone01.jpg]

BOB!!!!

AIYAIYAIYAI!

Big Grin

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
03-03-2016, 09:44 PM
Did anyone here consider/convert to another faith?
Raised Catholic.
Became another branch.
Later kabbalah.
Researched others.
Realized I'm atheist.
Good to go.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
03-03-2016, 10:32 PM
(03-03-2016 03:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  ...

Meh. I'm going back to flirting with DLJ. Drinking Beverage

I'm DLJ and I approve this message.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
04-03-2016, 01:22 PM
Parents were secular Jews. Was basically raised with no religion, but was always curious about it. Read lots of books on different religions.
At age 17, went on a quest to find "The Truth." Looked into Bahai, Buddhism, different Christian sects, Judaism.
Towards the end of my "quest," I was at a low emotional point because my family life was a nightmare, a guy I was "in love" with had just rejected me, I'd just started college at UCLA and didn't know a soul there, and I was feeling extremely depressed, hopeless and terribly lonely. Two very sweet and attractive young people walked up to me on the college campus and asked me how I felt about peace, love, friendship and truth. I was like, YEAH! So they invited me to dinner.

Turned out to be the Moonies. (Unification Church). They surrounded me with friendship and music and all that good stuff, and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker, felt the whole ecstatic born-again thing (for the first and only time in my life), joined, and moved into their "Unified Family" center. Took me about 2 or 3 months to realize it was all BS, and I left.

Two years later, age 19, I was living on my own in NYC. Once again, didn't know anyone. Ran into a group of young people playing guitars and singing. They were nice, friendly, and their music was really good! They invited me to a party. I went. It was...Jews for Jesus. The people were great. I thought the whole Jesus thing was silly but I wanted them to like me, so I tried my best to convert, said all the prayers and everything, even thought I HAD converted ...but...once again, quickly realized it was BS, and left.

Last one - in 1972 or so, I fell in love with the musical Godspell. I put it on at UCLA. I was the musical director. We all, the cast, crew, director and band, had such a fantastic time working together and we all loved each other so much, and we were so much under the spell of this lovely musical, that WE ALL CONVERTED! - at least the ones who weren't already Christian. When our run ended, reality hit me, and I've been a heathen ever since. Smile
[+] 3 users Like jariel's post
04-03-2016, 07:31 PM
(03-03-2016 05:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 03:43 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I hope you're already circumcised.

Dude if I wasn't circumcised I'd last about 10 seconds.

You know what? I would convert to Judaism in a second if my possible wife is a very hot jewish girl. Pretty jewish girls are VERY beautiful.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
04-03-2016, 10:54 PM
(04-03-2016 07:31 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 05:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dude if I wasn't circumcised I'd last about 10 seconds.

You know what? I would convert to Judaism in a second if my possible wife is a very hot jewish girl. Pretty jewish girls are VERY beautiful.

I look more like the troll from under the bridge.

But I can cook! Do you like a nice potato latke? How about some kugel or matzah ball soup?
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
04-03-2016, 11:57 PM
I'm a born-again atheist. Does that count?Huh

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
05-03-2016, 04:59 AM
I began as a prog rock nerd around 1975. Then I heard Milestones by Miles Davis and have been open minded about music ever since. I look upon prog rock fans with pity. But I like some of it. 1968 through 1974, then 1981 through 1984. It has not existed since that last year.

Religion has never entered my life as any form of belief and I hold those who do believe with utter contempt.

IHTH. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.