Did life save this planet?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2013, 10:32 AM
RE: Did life save this planet?
(02-05-2013 05:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  Save the planet from what? Or for what?

Life saved the planet from being lifeless? Life saved the planet for life?

Life saved the planet from co2 in the atmosphere causing out of control global warming.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 10:38 AM
(30-04-2013 06:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  All right, so I was thinking again

Oh oh.
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

02-05-2013, 11:11 AM
(01-05-2013 11:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm not saying it's not, I'm saying that yes the magnetic field around our planet helped us, but so did plant life.

I know. I am saying, however, that the magnetosphere is the ultimate "savior" of Earth's hospitable atmosphere.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
02-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Only Jebus saves!

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
02-05-2013, 11:37 AM
(02-05-2013 11:30 AM)nach_in Wrote:  Only Jebus saves!

That loser couldn't even save himself.

Poonjab
02-05-2013, 01:07 PM
(02-05-2013 10:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 05:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  Save the planet from what? Or for what?

Life saved the planet from being lifeless? Life saved the planet for life?

Life saved the planet from co2 in the atmosphere causing out of control global warming.

But if there's no life, so what?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-05-2013, 07:00 PM
(30-04-2013 06:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  All right, so I was thinking again, so bare with as I lead you through my thought process.

Global warming today is caused by CO2 emissions into the atmosphere.
The CO2 causes a green house effect, heating up the planet.

CO2 is being put into the atmosphere because we are burning 'fossil fuels'.
Oil and coal are comprised of compacted and pressurized animal, but mainly, plant life.

Ok, keep that in mind for now.

Looking at the Earths timeline, mainly the timeline of animals on earth, there is some interesting times for things.
For example, the dinosaurs died out 65million years ago. Small mammals survived and thrived, in that time they have evolved to without a doubt the best life forms this planet has ever seen (this one at his computer in particular).
Yet, when we look at the time from the first life forms, stromatolites to something resembling a tiny animal, the period of time is roughly 2.5billion years. Over half the actual life of the Earth...

I think if we look at the time between small mammals and humans today, I don't think life has difficulty evolving, I think the problem arises that conditions are not ideal.
ie: Large mammals require a certain percentage of the air to be oxygen as oxygen is a very good fuel that creatures can burn fast and gives a lot of energy. As opposed to photosynthesis for example.

As such I think it is safe to conclude, and I'm sure the scientific research is out there, that oxygen levels were not up to par a couple billion years ago to sustain large life, and so none developed.

What did develop though were stromatolites. Now, stromatolites use carbon dioxide and sunlight just like most plants and produce oxygen.
I think due to the lack of animals it is safe to assume that co2 was extremely abundant. As such the planet must have very very warm indeed due to the greenhouse effect.

Over the next billion years these stromatolites converted co2 to oxygen. This then created a better fuel and allowed bigger creatures to develop etc..
But it must have also cooled the planet.

Later on we see small fish and early shellfish things swimming around in the now oxygen rich water but we don't see any land creatures yet.
Instead we see land plants. LOTS of land plants.
Like the stromatolites they convert co2 to oxygen. The important part being taking co2 from the atmosphere as this must have again cooled the planet.
Perhaps this is why land creatures came to be because the planet was cooling and sea creatures could come out of the water without "drying out" in the heat?

But also perhaps this is why we have had many "mini ice ages"? The ice builds up over the planet, plants die, creatures adapt, co2 levels increase heating the planet up, the ice withdraws, plants grow again etc..? I dunno much about that.

But anyway, my point of all this is that plants, aka life, took co2 from our atmosphere. The same co2 we are now putting back into it.
Had stromatolites or plants not have occurred, then that co2 would surely still remain.
Then due to spiraling out of control, surely the seas would evaporate or boil and the Earth would be a misty hot barren waste land only able to sustain life on the micro level.

My question being, without life, would life not have been possible?

I think your question is "Explain the Big Bang!?" Well I can't! High school drop out! But of course life comes from life. Life comes from life, which comes from life, from life, from life. . . ! Bang!!! "the best life forms this planet has ever seen" My back hurts! Seriously, my back hurts! My body is not perfect. The universe is not perfect. I've said this before: But we don't need god to explain the universe. But we do need the universe to explain god. Skip a step. Which came first?
03-05-2013, 08:27 AM
(01-05-2013 11:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm not saying it's not, I'm saying that yes the magnetic field around our planet helped us, but so did plant life.

Let me reiterate and expand on my point.

Earth's gaseous atmosphere, plentiful with many different molecules, predated the existence of the first microbials. The only reason the atmosphere was able to reach the point to even sustain the first floral microbes and basic respiration, was because of the Earth's uniquely powerful magnetosphere.

(02-05-2013 07:00 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  I think your question is "Explain the Big Bang!?" Well I can't! High school drop out! But of course life comes from life. Life comes from life, which comes from life, from life, from life. . . ! Bang!!! "the best life forms this planet has ever seen" My back hurts! Seriously, my back hurts! My body is not perfect. The universe is not perfect. I've said this before: But we don't need god to explain the universe. But we do need the universe to explain god. Skip a step. Which came first?

And what the actual fuck is this dribble?

Poonjab
03-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Hey, isn't the new theory about oil that it is not organic at all, but a part of the planet? And if you take in considerations new huge "lakes" of oil they are finding, this does make sense. I don't see it possible to have such a huge biological mush and then bury it quickly so deep to have so much oil we actually have...

So, when you take out the oil as something biological, does that affect your theory?

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson