Did mammals evolve from rodents?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2014, 08:31 PM
RE: Did mammals evolve from rodents?
We are not rodents. Therefore, our ancestors were not rodents. We share a common ancestor with rodents. We are placental mammals. Rodents are placental mammals. Our common ancestor was a placental mammal. See how this works?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2014, 09:06 PM
(05-09-2014 08:31 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  We are not rodents. Therefore, our ancestors were not rodents. We share a common ancestor with rodents. We are placental mammals. Rodents are placental mammals. Our common ancestor was a placental mammal. See how this works?

They are in the same super order as us too the Euarchontoglires

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
05-09-2014, 10:02 PM
If we evolved from rodents, then why are there still rodents?

CHECKMATE, ATHEISTS.

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
06-09-2014, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 11:24 AM by ghostexorcist.)
(05-09-2014 06:25 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Mammals are all related of course, but as far as primates scientist are saying our earliest ancestors were tree monkeys. Before that though I don't know. Rodents would have been more distant relatives. We are related to rodents because they are mammals but where in evolution that connection is I don't personally know.

Our closest cousin after primates is the tree shrew. The earliest primates and the tree shrew share so many morphological similarities that they obviously had a common ancestor. In fact, the tree shrew was at one time classified as a primate. Anyway, the earliest recognized primates are prosimians. Evidence points to the ancestor of anthropoids (apes and monkeys) first appearing in China and then traveling west where it radiated into Europe and Africa (the primates of South America diverged from those in the dark continent tens of millions of years ago). Those in more northerly climes died out due to a world wide cooling trend (because it effected forest coverage), causing the species that we know today to retreat to the warmer environments of the equator. You may be interested to know that there were many more ape species alive prior to the change in temperature. Monkey species exploded after the cooling trend because they are more environmentally flexible than their ape cousins.

Due to their morphological similarities, tree shrews and rodents obviously share a common ancestor, but the split probably happened long before that between primates and the shrews.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like ghostexorcist's post
06-09-2014, 12:05 PM
(06-09-2014 11:06 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Our closest cousin after primates is the tree shrew. The earliest primates and the tree shrew share so many morphological similarities that they obviously had a common ancestor. In fact, the tree shrew was at one time classified as a primate.

And the little fucks can really hold their alcohol. Booze is their main source of nutrition. Our earliest ancestors apparently were big drinkers. .

#sigh
06-09-2014, 01:00 PM
(05-09-2014 10:02 PM)cjlr Wrote:  If we evolved from rodents, then why are there still rodents?

CHECKMATE, ATHEISTS.

Yeah, and doesn't the second law of thermodynamics disprove your "JUST A THEORY?".

Check mate again Atheists!

[Image: dirt.jpg]

Check out this beautiful picture I found.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post