Did the Atlantic current just fuck up?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2010, 06:58 AM
Did the Atlantic current just fuck up?
I got a friend in Utah reporting the worse snow he seen in 30 years, a friend in BC, Canada saying it's "colder than he's ever seen the temp go" Got a friend in Germany snowed in for first time in his life. And I'm sat here in Northern England watching a blizzard and hearing reports of the temp going down to like -15
I mean, I got news open now and tomorrow might get to -20.

You know I don't think I ever seen it this low.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2010, 08:02 AM

RE: Did the Atlantic current just fuck up?
That's weird because I live in Michigan were it's known to snow and be cold and it's not that bad for being November 29. A little cold here but it's usually freezing.
Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2010, 09:15 AM
It's getting cold pretty early, I'm getting -20s already, -26 when you go a little norther, and it's not even December yet. In Lapland it's over -30s already. Russia must be really fucked. F:

By the way, have you ever noticed that even if your moustache isn't wet or anything, it freezes in a few minutes and you can lick ice from them?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
29-11-2010, 10:04 AM

Well, it could be that earthquake in 2008.

NASA: Quake May Have Shifted Earth's Axis

Posted on: Tuesday, 2 March 2010,

The February 27 earthquake that rocked Chile and killed more than 700 people possibly shifted the Earth’s axis and shortened our day ever so slightly, a scientist with NASA told Bloomberg.

Earthquakes have the potential to shift hundreds of miles of rock by several meters, which can disrupt the planet and change the distribution of its mass. The Earth’s rotation is affected by these changes, according to geophysicist Richard Gross of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif. Gross used a computer model to calculate the effects.

“The length of the day should have gotten shorter by 1.26 microseconds (millionths of a second),” Gross told Bloomberg in an email. “The axis about which the Earth’s mass is balanced should have moved by 3 inches.”
(Continues @ Link)

3 inches may not sound like a lot, but for a planet third from the sun, one would think since we were already at a "tilt",for lack of a better word, it sounds like it could make a huge difference all around.

(Not a scientist, just guessing as I pay attention to our own unusual weather patterns here.:angelSmile

Then there's always HAARP, in weather warfare. ((VIDEO))
29-11-2010, 05:51 PM
That could account for it for sure.

Anyone got weather reports from the south? If there is unusual hot weather in the southern hemisphere then we could be on to something.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
29-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Did you all forget were in a La Nina season?

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-11-2010, 07:01 PM

(29-11-2010 05:51 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  That could account for it for sure.

Anyone got weather reports from the south? If there is unusual hot weather in the southern hemisphere then we could be on to something.

How about this, from July 2010: Different Parts of Earth Struggling with Unusual Weather Conditions
29-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Ok so I think the earth moved a little.

Now... What about that thing that creationists say "if the earth was just a few miles closer or further away from the sun it would be too hot or too cold"

Coz like... If the arguments against that were to be believed a slight axis shift shouldn't even change anything.

O-O

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
29-11-2010, 09:13 PM

(29-11-2010 08:47 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Ok so I think the earth moved a little.

Now... What about that thing that creationists say "if the earth was just a few miles closer or further away from the sun it would be too hot or too cold"

Coz like... If the arguments against that were to be believed a slight axis shift shouldn't even change anything.

O-O

I haven't heard that bit about what creationists say. However, I would think one would have to know at what angle the earth was angled to the sun before the 2008 earthquake, so as to know what difference a 3 inch shift would stand to make in the overall.
04-12-2010, 08:18 PM
(29-11-2010 09:15 AM)Kikko Wrote:  It's getting cold pretty early, I'm getting -20s already, -26 when you go a little norther, and it's not even December yet. In Lapland it's over -30s already. Russia must be really fucked. F:

Russia might not be more fucked than usual. the reason it´s so cold in Scandinavia and the UK is that a low pressure is pulling in cold air from Siberia. We are actually stealing Russia's cold. They can have it back for all I care.. Dodgy

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you