Did the Jesus part ruin it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2016, 07:34 PM
RE: Did the Jesus part ruin it?
Every theist rejects exactly one fewer god than we do.

The irony of this is lost on every single one of them.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
28-04-2016, 11:53 PM
(28-04-2016 07:34 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 06:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  Why do you ask me this question? Smile

Because everything you said in your previous post is the 100% description of Chuck Norris.Smile
says who? Smile

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
29-04-2016, 12:18 AM
(28-04-2016 07:34 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Every theist rejects exactly one fewer god than we do.

The irony of this is lost on every single one of them.

[Image: gods.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
29-04-2016, 06:13 AM
(28-04-2016 05:33 PM)Alla Wrote:  God became mortal man
WOW! Now I understand how God KNOWS what it means to be human(mortal man)

God experienced physical pain and physical death.
WOW, now I understand how God KNOWS what pain and death are.

Presumably, wouldn't an all-knowing entity that exists outside of space and time have known this prior to even creating humans?
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
29-04-2016, 06:42 AM
(29-04-2016 06:13 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 05:33 PM)Alla Wrote:  God became mortal man
WOW! Now I understand how God KNOWS what it means to be human(mortal man)

God experienced physical pain and physical death.
WOW, now I understand how God KNOWS what pain and death are.

Presumably, wouldn't an all-knowing entity that exists outside of space and time have known this prior to even creating humans?

By definition, it would have to, or else it wasn't 'all-knowing'.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
29-04-2016, 08:13 AM
TO ROBBYPANTS

May be all-knowing entity that exists outside time and space would have known this prior to even creating humans. But I don't know anything about this kind of entity.
God Yahweh who claims that He is all-knowing God never claimed that He lives outside of time and space.
There is no such thing as "outside of space and time". There is no such thing as to know prior thoughts that were not formed(created) yet in someone's head.
God is all-knowing ONLY about things that are POSSIBLE according to natural law, NOT things that are NOT possible according to natural laws.

It is not possible according to natural laws to feel physical pain and physical death without physical body.

29-04-2016, 08:38 AM
SitaSky Wrote:My point is you clearly reject the Hindu religion and there is no reason for you to not go one step further and believe Krishna is not a God in a man's body and Jesus is not a God in a man's body either.
How do you know that there is no reason for me to go one step further and not to believe that Christ was a Man in mortal body?
SitaSky Wrote:The story of Jesus is unoriginal and if it's not unique and special why believe it's true?
Yes, but it is very easy to explain. Would you like me to explain this to you?
SitaSky Wrote:You can't prove he's real just like a Hindu can't prove Krishna or Vishnu are real, but that doesn't stop them from believing.
True, they can't prove Krishna was real and it doesn't stop them from believing but it is not my problem. An important thing to me is that I KNOW why I believe in Christ.

29-04-2016, 10:37 AM
(29-04-2016 08:38 AM)Alla Wrote:  ... An important thing to me is that I KNOW why I believe in Christ ...

I doubt it. I believe if we knew why we believe there'd be considerably less belief in absurdities. But belief is a subconscious process, out of reach of direct conscious control (try believing 2 + 2 = 18-2/3 for example). The best we can do is try not to clog our information intake with more supposition than necessary. A big problem is not being able to distinguish information from supposition, and failing to restrain our desire that particular suppositions are information. It takes effort to do that, ironically, to get the effortless engine of belief to produce genuine understanding instead of happy prejudice.

Therein is religion's greatest absurdity: that it puts belief in something particular at its core, that the belief is of paramount importance, even more so than the thing believed. It presumes belief is within our grasp to shape at will. It's complete nonsense.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
29-04-2016, 11:06 AM
(29-04-2016 08:13 AM)Alla Wrote:  God Yahweh who claims that He is all-knowing God never claimed that He lives outside of time and space.
There is no such thing as "outside of space and time". There is no such thing as to know prior thoughts that were not formed(created) yet in someone's head.
God is all-knowing ONLY about things that are POSSIBLE according to natural law, NOT things that are NOT possible according to natural laws.

I sometimes forget you're Mormon. That "outside of space and time" part pertains to Christians who believe that God is the eternal cause of the universe, whereas you believe he just caused this universe, but he existed in another that was created prior (assuming I'm remembering my basic LDS theology).

(29-04-2016 08:13 AM)Alla Wrote:  It is not possible according to natural laws to feel physical pain and physical death without physical body.

This is a limitation from which God suffers?
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
29-04-2016, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2016 12:22 PM by SitaSky.)
(29-04-2016 08:38 AM)Alla Wrote:  How do you know that there is no reason for me to go one step further and not to believe that Christ was a Man in mortal body?

Since your God's story is similar to that of Vishnu/Krishna and other ancient Gods that existed before your God it only takes one more step to think your God is also fake. You dismiss these Gods correct? You've decided that they never existed and had nothing to do with the creation or protection of our world right? Most likely because you were never introduced to this religion at some point in your life and taught it's lessons and values so you had no social or emotional reason to believe in it. That doesn't make your beliefs based on truth because you lacked information about other religions.
(29-04-2016 08:38 AM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, but it is very easy to explain. Would you like me to explain this to you?

I don't need you to "explain" why you feel Jesus is real and Yahweh created everything, I have heard plenty of conversion stories in my life based on feelings, miracles, prayers coming true, or even revelations and visions of God touching someone's heart or speaking directly to them. If those stories didn't convince me yours won't either.
(29-04-2016 08:38 AM)Alla Wrote:  True, they can't prove Krishna was real and it doesn't stop them from believing but it is not my problem. An important thing to me is that I KNOW why I believe in Christ.

A Hindu's sincere faith and belief in Krishna is your problem, it's the problem for all theists that reject Hinduism. You "know" Jesus is real just like a Hindu "knows" Krishna is real and when they visit his temple and ask for guidance they feel they are communicating with an actual spirit being that cares about them. You can be as sincere and devout as you want to be but those are just feelings and that doesn't make it true.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like SitaSky's post