Did the Trump family commit Treason?!?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2017, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 06:24 AM by Luckyluciano.)
Did the Trump family commit Treason?!?!
Put your political ideology aside. This family has always seemed "fishy" for lack of a better word. Not just fishy but also very stupid. To me they appear to be con artists with massive egos and these are the sole characteristics which have brought them this far in life.
The ability to con people.

If the recent developments prove true (jr apparently already confessed without getting advice from a lawyer) , to me it looks extremely treasonous and it also appears that much of the Republican Party has been ignoring, protecting and aiding in these treasonous acts.
They appear to be putting party, money and power ahead of the country and if true should face the full extent of the law.

Please discuss intelligently without ad hominem attracts and without blind commitment to your political ideologies.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Luckyluciano's post
11-07-2017, 06:31 AM
RE: Did the Trump family commit Treason?!?!
No. The legal definition of treason requires that it be in a time of war, and that the accused commit acts of war against the nation.
[+] 7 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
11-07-2017, 06:38 AM
I'm not sure how a monarchy can commit treason against itself.

Dodgy

Particularly when its actions favour itself.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
I havent seen evidence for treason (legally), even with the latest news of Donald Jr. However i seriously question their ability to run this country and their motivations (morals).
Disgusting people, but not necessary criminals...yet.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
(11-07-2017 06:31 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  No. The legal definition of treason requires that it be in a time of war, and that the accused commit acts of war against the nation.

As I read it it doesn't exclusively apply to wartime? It says whoever "levies war" *or* "adheres to the enemies of" the United States?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-07-2017, 06:45 AM
(11-07-2017 06:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm not sure how a monarchy can commit treason against itself.

Dodgy

Particularly when its actions favour itself.

Drinking Beverage

The English make it possible. Kinky bastards.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
11-07-2017, 06:48 AM
(11-07-2017 06:38 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 06:31 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  No. The legal definition of treason requires that it be in a time of war, and that the accused commit acts of war against the nation.

As I read it it doesn't exclusively apply to wartime? It says whoever "levies war" *or* "adheres to the enemies of" the United States?

That may be a better reading, but it still requires that there be an enemy, and I doubt such could be said about a country with whom we have $20 billion in trade annually, and hold up in a court of law.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
11-07-2017, 07:11 AM
If they classify the cyber war as actual war, it could be.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-07-2017, 07:21 AM
(11-07-2017 07:11 AM)Dom Wrote:  If they classify the cyber war as actual war, it could be.

Now your talking....
11-07-2017, 07:41 AM
(11-07-2017 06:48 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 06:38 AM)morondog Wrote:  As I read it it doesn't exclusively apply to wartime? It says whoever "levies war" *or* "adheres to the enemies of" the United States?

That may be a better reading, but it still requires that there be an enemy, and I doubt such could be said about a country with whom we have $20 billion in trade annually, and hold up in a court of law.

I think it's way too ambiguous for the modern age. Also LOL at "We could KILL you or charge you $10 000 (minimum)" Must have seemed a lot back when they wrote the law.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post