Did the Trump family commit Treason?!?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2017, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2017 04:12 AM by Thoreauvian.)
RE: Did the Trump family commit Treason?!?!
(18-07-2017 03:26 AM)BnW Wrote:  His poll numbers keep dropping. And, I like the implication that "hyper-partisan politics" is limited to one side. The OP in this thread is proof that's not true. Everyone is hyper partisan at this point. It is exceedingly rare to find people who judge issues on their merit vs their "side".

The OP started with this: "Put your political ideology aside. This family has always seemed "fishy" for lack of a better word. Not just fishy but also very stupid. To me they appear to be con artists with massive egos and these are the sole characteristics which have brought them this far in life."

In other words, many people are offering Republicans an out by saying Trump is an anomaly. The real question, then, is why so many Republicans still support him. Are they willing to go down with him? If so, why? (Considering he hasn't exactly made many friends in the establishment Republican party, this should be a no-brainer.)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2017, 05:47 AM
I read the OP. The political bias is pretty blatant. Trump is an asshole but he's not wrong about everything. But, you'd never know that reading a lot of this forum or most anything in the mainstream press. Point is, hyper partisanship is not a one sided problem.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
18-07-2017, 07:03 AM
(18-07-2017 12:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  The main issue is the hyper-partisan politics you guys have. I expect that even without doing anything further until 2018, and while being super incompetent, there will be no further loss of support for the Republicans. The True Believers will double down.

He's losing support here, without a doubt. Whether or not he acts as an anchor on the Republicans in 2018 depends on how long the drips go on, and whether or not the Republicans act to distance themselves from him.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
18-07-2017, 07:27 AM
(18-07-2017 03:26 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 12:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  The main issue is the hyper-partisan politics you guys have. I expect that even without doing anything further until 2018, and while being super incompetent, there will be no further loss of support for the Republicans. The True Believers will double down.

His poll numbers keep dropping. And, I like the implication that "hyper-partisan politics" is limited to one side. The OP in this thread is proof that's not true. Everyone is hyper partisan at this point. It is exceedingly rare to find people who judge issues on their merit vs their "side".

There's no implication. The fact is that both sides - since we're talking sides - have hardly any common ground. Ergo. Hyperpartisan.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-07-2017, 07:44 AM
(18-07-2017 05:47 AM)BnW Wrote:  I read the OP. The political bias is pretty blatant. Trump is an asshole but he's not wrong about everything. But, you'd never know that reading a lot of this forum or most anything in the mainstream press. Point is, hyper partisanship is not a one sided problem.

Okay, then what is Trump right about?

I admit to being hyper-partisan in regards to Donald Trump. As far as I can tell, the fact checkers are indeed correct that he lies 60-70% of the time. How can democrats compromise when the president lies all the time and many republicans try to ignore or support his lies?

So in my opinion, Trump is wrong that he's the man who can fix what's wrong with America. He only pretends to understand our problems, and only proposes bumper sticker ideas to fix them. That makes him a demagogue, a monkey wrench thrown into the works.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
18-07-2017, 07:55 AM
(18-07-2017 05:47 AM)BnW Wrote:  I read the OP. The political bias is pretty blatant. Trump is an asshole but he's not wrong about everything. But, you'd never know that reading a lot of this forum or most anything in the mainstream press. Point is, hyper partisanship is not a one sided problem.

I don't see it that way.

Partisan would be republican or democrat.

Trump is neither, he is in a class of his own. I have been watching him closely and I think that he is extremely dangerous in that position because he is disordered and not rational.

This has nothing to do with partisanship.

I also want to know exactly how much Russia was involved in our elections, and especially the social media campaigns. Then I want to see a plan to prevent this from happening again - US citizens should vote their own minds, not according to foreign propaganda.

I don't think any of this is partisan. When are people going to start concentrating on the problems instead of the parties?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 8 users Like Dom's post
18-07-2017, 10:15 AM
(18-07-2017 07:44 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Okay, then what is Trump right about?

Universal healthcare.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-07-2017, 10:46 AM
(18-07-2017 10:15 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Universal healthcare.

He brings up a point that always bothers me with libertarians when he said what's the point of a country if you don't have health and defense.

So many ground lines of libertarians are arbitrary to what degree they think government should do, you can have Penn Jillete saying make most all things legal more on the anarchistic side than a Glenn Beck or actual libertarian politicans like Johnson, Paul, & Macafee. You also have those who shout yeah let people die in The streets and drop Healthcare. But what some who follow a guy like Ron Paul who think he wants a free reign noone to care for the I'll miss.. is the types like him 2ould expect and push churches & religious groups to have significantly greater impact in health service. It's not that they fear authority, they love religious authority in contrast to secular driven ones.

One certainly can be libertarian and government input conservative but think as much as a gov should give defense & property protection, they should give Healthcare universally too. But the GOP wants to drive that notion away because I guess those 18th farmers and Lawyers didn't anticipate it being relevant to them.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-07-2017, 11:00 AM
The eighth person at The Treason in the Tower (you know that's what it's gonna be called) was notorious money launderer Irakly Kaveladze because who doesn't need a money launderer at an innocent meeting about Russian baby adoptions. This is all starting to make sense now. They wanted to launder money in adopted Russian baby diapers.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-07-2017, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2017 11:19 AM by Thoreauvian.)
(18-07-2017 10:15 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Universal healthcare.

So Donald Trump is right when he disagrees with himself?

Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post