Did the Trump family commit Treason?!?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2017, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2017 05:59 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
RE: Did the Trump family commit Treason?!?!
(21-07-2017 05:17 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Breaking News

Sessions discussed Trump-campaign-related matters with Russian ambassador, U.S. intelligence intercepts show

Breaking news?

More like fake news.

More "anonymous" sources.

And who cares? Sessions testified that he “never met with or had any conversation with any Russians or foreign officials concerning any type of interference with any campaign or election in the United States.” I don't see anything that contradicts that statement. Now if this article said the intelligence community listened to the ambassador's phone calls and they heard him say "The Trump campaign is on board with our hacking efforts" then maybe this would be something. But all I see here is they discussed Trump's vision of U.S./Russia relations. Jesus Christ, another nothingburger.

Nor does this prove Trump approved of what was discussed or even knew about it.

Edit to add: If this story is true, Jeff Sessions needs to resign. He had too many "I don't recall" moments in his testimony and news interviews. Either he was lying or he's senile. Because in some interviews and his recusal he said he never mentioned Trump to the Russian ambassador.

I sure hope they find out who is leaking national security info and lock them up for 20 years. Probably a butt hurt Hillary supporter.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2017, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2017 07:29 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-07-2017 05:30 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Nor does this prove Trump approved of what was discussed or even knew about it.

The mental gyrations you go through to rationalize your defense of the senile, non compos mentis, "it's your turn to go look for grampa" demented son of a bitch, I'm starting to think he's got a pee tape on you.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-07-2017, 06:21 PM
(21-07-2017 05:30 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If this story is true, Jeff Sessions needs to resign.

If this story is true, Sessions needs to spend a couple of years in FPC Montgomery for perjury.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
21-07-2017, 06:51 PM
(21-07-2017 05:30 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I sure hope they find out who is leaking national security info and lock them up for 20 years. Probably a butt hurt Hillary supporter.

Probably it's a disgruntled Russian spy.... Shy

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-07-2017, 06:55 PM
(21-07-2017 06:21 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 05:30 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If this story is true, Jeff Sessions needs to resign.

If this story is true, Sessions needs to spend a couple of years in FPC Montgomery for perjury.

Did he lie under oath? I posted his relevant testimony, quoted from the WaPo article. He testified he never discussed campaign interference with the ambassador. Meaning he didn't discuss colluding. Nothing released by these sources suggests Sessions lied about that. I don't recall reading that Sessions had denied under oath talking with the ambassador about the Trump campaign in general. (However if true, he lied on TV, but that's not perjury. But he should still resign. Lying is still a bad ethics concern)

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
21-07-2017, 07:23 PM
These mother fuckers really could shoot someone in street, and you would support them anyway.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
21-07-2017, 07:28 PM
It's hard to argue Sessions didn't commit perjury. His testimony during his confirmation was under oath and he failed to disclose several contacts with members of the Russian government. His explanation for the original lapse with the ambassador seemed plausible, but it's grown since that. He failed to disclose information on his clearance application and he was not honest during his confirmation. The Republicans have done themselves a huge disservice in not insisting he resign and it may come back to haunt them. They continue to think short term for partisan benefits, but the pendulum will swing the other way. It always does. And, they will then regret a lot of their actions.

As for the leaks, they are a huge problem, and I think it's much worse than a leftover Obama loyalist or Hillary supporter. That may account for some of the leaks but not the hard core secret stuff. I think those leaks are for a very different reason.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
21-07-2017, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2017 07:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-07-2017 07:28 PM)BnW Wrote:  The Republicans have done themselves a huge disservice in not insisting he resign and it may come back to haunt them. They continue to think short term for partisan benefits, but the pendulum will swing the other way. It always does. And, they will then regret a lot of their actions.

Their failure to anticipate the obvious to everyone else legal ramifications of their actions is what keeps the Satanic Temple in the news.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-07-2017, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2017 08:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-07-2017 07:28 PM)BnW Wrote:  As for the leaks, they are a huge problem, and I think it's much worse than a leftover Obama loyalist or Hillary supporter. That may account for some of the leaks but not the hard core secret stuff. I think those leaks are for a very different reason.

Those leaks are coming from patriots who know too much and are scared shitless that the stability of this particular world order is one tweet away from going far past sideways and full blown south. And it scares them shitless. So shitless, they are willing to risk jail over it. That scares me shitless.

This is a very serious man, a bona fide American hero who has nothing but the best interests of the USA (and for that matter the world) deliberately ingrained into his psyche by his own keen moral and ethical standards telling me I got to beware.

I'm going to listen to him. Grampa oozes cred.

Okay, now I'm starting to scare even Girly. I sure as shit hope Petraeus knew what he was talking about when he described Trump's fitness to be commander-in-chief in these particularly troubling times as "immaterial". The world's future now lies in the deliberations of Mattis, Rogers, and McMaster, and the big bald otherwise scary looking fella has already displayed a proclivity for felching.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-07-2017, 07:56 PM
I disagree that the leakers are patriots and I seriously question if they are doing this for patriotic reasons.

First, like him or not, Trump is a legally elected President. There is something wrong when the intelligence community can start releasing bits and pieces of classified information to undermine a presidency. You want to talk about short terms views for temporary partisan gain, this is the most extreme example. It's not ok in a democracy for a part of the government to undermine a legally elected administration. Even if the administration is fronted by the World's Biggest Asshole (hereinafter "WBA")

Second, if they were doing this for patriotic reasons and actually had something that connected Trump to collusion with Russia, then where the fuck is that detail? So far it's been a lot of innuendo and poor optics but they have not yet provided the "there". And, that this has been going on for months without anyone leaking the smoking gun is what makes me think it likely doesn't exist. The most we have is a 30 minute meeting that his kid took with a Russian lawyer. It's being dressed up as the end-all-be-all of treasonous events, but it's not. It may reach the level of criminal activity, but it's not fucking treason. It's not. It's not even close. He didn't give away state secrets. He showed up at a meeting he shouldn't have taken to get dirt on a political opponent.

I think it's far, far more likely that this is happening because Trump publicly challenged the views of the intelligence community and said he knew better and, even worse, he's looking to steer our foreign policy away from what it's been sine the end of WWII, which is to push the boundaries of American influence abroad, even when that influence makes us as a country less safe. Candidate Trump was far less hawkish and seriously threatened the entrenched intelligence services' views of what we should be doing. And, they don't like it.

The perfect example is what happened to General Flynn. From what I read, they hated him (for pretty good reason). I don't think it's an accident that as soon as he came into office information that forced him out came to light. And, he should have been out. But, this kind of shit goes on all the time. The things that wikileaks emails revealed were absolutely appalling. None of this is new.

So, I don't buy these leaks are happening for "patriotism" or because a bunch of guys in the CIA loved Obama or voted for Hillary. I think it's happening because Trump threatens long standing established policy.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost