Did the Trump family commit Treason?!?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2017, 07:46 AM
RE: Did the Trump family commit Treason?!?!
Regardless if this qualifies as 'treason', it should make people seriously question their ethics and motivation.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
11-07-2017, 08:16 AM
Does it count as treason if you're too stupid to know what the word means?

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-07-2017, 08:21 AM
(11-07-2017 07:46 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Regardless if this qualifies as 'treason', it should make people seriously question their ethics and motivation.

Of course. The fact that he'd appeal to a foreign power in order to help him win the election told me that he was much more concerned about his own fortunes than about national security or the nation's general welfare.

I had no intention of voting for him anyway, but that appeal to the Russians would have chased e off even if I did plan on voting for him. And what we're seeing now is that appeal he made had a solid grounding in reality. I hope the apologists here look back at their posts defending his appeal at the time and ponder exactly how they were hoodwinked.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
11-07-2017, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 10:57 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Nah. It's not about ideology. It's ONLY about money.
The Trump Crime Family took 6 major companies to bankruptcy. They regularly didn't pay their contractors and others (attorneys among others ... remember when Dumpy was looking for a personal attorney recently, and all the big firms turned him down ? ... it's because he stiffed a number of law firms). He's like the two-bit sheister contractor you hear about on local investigative TV shows, that don't pay up. That's about it. It's a sad little story of greed. They have a big company, but they're nothing but two-bit sheisters who don't pay up. As a result, no major bank or capital company would loan them money for any project. The ONLY place they could get money (loans) was from Russian oligarchs. These transactions (many are documented in New Yorker articles), broke the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. That's basically what I think this will all come down to, and that's what he's trying to keep on the low-down. In exchange for the loans, he was to remove the sanctions on the 100 billion dollars which Russia has in oil in the ground, controlled by Exxon, (as I understand it). It's just nothing but a sad money thing. I really don't think they (Trumps ... edit RUSSIANS) did much to influence the election. The Russians REALLY wanted him elected so the sanctions would come off. Trump was the pawn, and he let himself be the pawn, so the loan money would flow. He's too stupid to commit treason.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 8 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-07-2017, 10:35 AM
(11-07-2017 10:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Trump was the pawn, and he let himself be the pawn, so the loan money would flow. He's too stupid to commit treason.

I don't think stupidity is a viable defense...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
11-07-2017, 11:09 AM
Interesting article about treason here:
Five myths about treason

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
11-07-2017, 12:27 PM
I wouldn't call it treason, really. Felony stupid, I can get behind. That family has gotten away with so much crime, skating the limits, that it has to eventually catch up with them. But then, that kind of money just walks without serving time, with few exceptions.
11-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Puppet and family are interested in enriching themselves, growing their brand, and punishing their enemies. They may have committed treason in these pursuits, but only incidentally and not for ideological reasons.

The real traitors (IMO) are the GOP officials who knew what puppet was and have supported him anyway. His conflicts of interest and influences were clear well before election day, and he has not managed, while in office, to rise even to the gravitas of a local dogcatcher.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
11-07-2017, 12:48 PM
(11-07-2017 12:30 PM)julep Wrote:  Puppet and family are interested in enriching themselves, growing their brand, and punishing their enemies. They may have committed treason in these pursuits, but only incidentally and not for ideological reasons.

The real traitors (IMO) are the GOP officials who knew what puppet was and have supported him anyway. His conflicts of interest and influences were clear well before election day, and he has not managed, while in office, to rise even to the gravitas of a local dogcatcher.

I think that's exactly it. History will not be kind to the Ryans and others who did not oppose his candidacy, knowing he was not in any way qualified or suited for the office. One of these days (sooner or later) we're going to start hearing of secret meetings of GOP people who are meeting to put a stop to this nonsense.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-07-2017, 12:48 PM
(11-07-2017 06:31 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  No. The legal definition of treason requires that it be in a time of war, and that the accused commit acts of war against the nation.

John Brown was executed in 1859 for treason against the Commonwealth of Virginia. There was no anti-slavery war at the time.

The first US president to be guilty of treason in time of war was George Washington though he was never tried for it since But, the usual caveatr applies:
Treason doth never prosper, what's the reason?
For if it prosper, none dare call it Treason.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

[+] 4 users Like Norm Deplume's post