Did the Trump family commit Treason?!?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2017, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 10:34 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Did the Trump family commit Treason?!?!
(11-07-2017 09:59 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 09:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...

I could do this all night, but your blatant hypocrisy is so evident and pervasive it would be tedious.

Yeah but, now we know liberal media pollsters are in the bag for democrat candidates and purposely poll more democrats in their polls, with the goal of making Republican voters think their candidate has no chance so they'll stay home.

So they'll purposely make themselves look stupid.
That's the ticket. Why, that must be it. Oh wait. Trump lost the popular vote. Never mind.

You'll post the evidence for that tomorrow. I just know. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-07-2017, 10:59 PM
(11-07-2017 08:52 PM)Luckyluciano Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 08:21 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Be fair. In the eyes of the law, which is how any treason charge would be adjudicated, the guy is right -- Russia does not fit the definition of "enemy".

I get where you're coming from, they are an adversary state, and the Trump Campaign has certainly violated voter trust. But legally speaking, he is correct.

Not so fast... there are campaign laws....

Federal laws prohibit anyone from soliciting or accepting any campaign contribution from a foreign national or foreign government.

"No person shall knowingly solicit, accept or receive from a foreign national any contribution or donation," reads Title 11 in the Code of Federal Regulations, section 110.20 (g). A contribution can be "anything of value," including negative information about a political opponent.

It is unlawful to "provide substantial assistance in the solicitation, making, acceptance or receipt of a contribution or donation," reads 11 CFR 110.20 (h).

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I said as much just a few posts above. Forgive my quoting myself:

(11-07-2017 05:29 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 03:37 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I challenge anyone to quote the U.S. Code that the president, his children or campaign supposedly violated. What act specifically is illegal?

Quote:§ 30121.
Contributions and donations by foreign nationals
(a) Prohibition: It shall be unlawful for—
(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—
(A) a contribution or donation of money or other things of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

[Emphasis added -- Thump]

Source: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/52/30121

Of course, if he hasn't broken any laws, I'd say that the activities of his campaign have certainly violated the trust of Americans in the electoral system, and in that case the appropriate venue is at the polling booth. He's going to have some hard sledding in 2020.
11-07-2017, 11:03 PM
(11-07-2017 09:59 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Yeah but, now we know liberal media pollsters are in the bag for democrat candidates and purposely poll more democrats in their polls, with the goal of making Republican voters think their candidate has no chance so they'll stay home.

And there you have it. "Full circle from the tomb of the womb to the womb of the tomb we come."

(02-08-2016 11:23 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh my dear fuck we've got our own unskewed polls idiot. You really should stop doing math 'cause you suck at it.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-07-2017, 11:08 PM
(11-07-2017 08:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [...] and right now he is deciding whether he wants to bring down an American presidency more than he wants to keep embarrassing the USA by playing Trump in front of the world for a while longer.

Exactly this. Putin is sitting in the catbird seat. and the only thing the Trump Administration can do is obfuscate to the best of their abilities.
12-07-2017, 04:16 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2017 04:53 AM by Thoreauvian.)
(11-07-2017 07:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 06:37 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Nonsense. Climate change, LGBTQ rights, equality, minimum wages, environmentalism, corporate regulations, etc.

The democrats keep running on that platform yet keep losing at every level of government.

So now you admit Democrats do indeed have a message. You therefore have moved the goalposts.

By the way, American voters swing back and forth like a pendulum. (I take that as positive, since all Americans are represented that way.) So don't take any trend as permanent.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
12-07-2017, 04:17 AM
(11-07-2017 05:20 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 12:48 PM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  John Brown was executed in 1859 for treason against the Commonwealth of Virginia. There was no anti-slavery war at the time.

He was prosecuted and executed by the Commonwealth, not the Federal government. I cannot find the verbiage of the state law under which he was prosecuted, but because it wasn't Federal, I'm not sure the case is pertinent. This would be, hypothetically, a Federal case, because it deals with a Federal election.

I can't see how an American being executed for treason under an American law does not mean that it could not have been treason. There were plenty of charges that could have been brought - murder, or sedition, perhaps, but treason was the charge nevertheless.

Could any members of the Trump family be prosecuted for treason by any of the states?

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

12-07-2017, 05:41 AM
(12-07-2017 04:17 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  I can't see how an American being executed for treason under an American law does not mean that it could not have been treason. There were plenty of charges that could have been brought - murder, or sedition, perhaps, but treason was the charge nevertheless.

I didn't argue that Brown's action wasn't treasonous. My point was that the way the CoV's law may have been written, his actions may have fit their particular definition. Not having the letter of the law to hand, neither you nor I can say how pertinent it is to Trump's behavior, which does not fit the current Federal definition of treason.

(12-07-2017 04:17 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  Could any members of the Trump family be prosecuted for treason by any of the states?

I don't know. I doubt it would fly politically, and I'm not sure how each state defines the crime differently from the Federal code, if they indeed do.
12-07-2017, 06:43 AM
(12-07-2017 05:41 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  My point was that the way the CoV's law may have been written, his actions may have fit their particular definition.

Unsure CoVfefe?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
12-07-2017, 08:12 PM
No. Absolutely not.
This wonderful family loves this country. They are true patriots. He didn't make secret deals with Iran like Obama did. He didn't tell Medvedev about more flexibility like Obama did. He didn't let ISIS to grow like Obama did.
President Trump is doing great job. I am very, very happy. I was not his supporter in the beginning but now I am his strong supporter. I am on Trump train now and I am not planning to leave it.

Trump is not stupid. He is genius. Brilliant. This is why he won. He also won because he had great message.
Hillary lost because she persisted but we resisted.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
12-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:They can't win with regular hard working Americans hence the pledge to make 1 million immigrants into citizens over the next year. They've become the party of handouts which is why middle America is rejecting them
Yes, I hope they continue to attack President Trump. The more they persist the more we resist. Quietly. It is always better to stay quiet. But then "SURPRISE!"

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED