Did the bible predict a messiah?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2015, 05:27 AM
RE: Did the bible predict a messiah?
(07-01-2015 05:54 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  I never claimed to be an expert on anything. I was summarizing my impression of the main differences between Christianity and Judaism. The whole point of my posting was to have a discussion and learn.

That's just Bucky. He's kinda like old dynamite, sweating nitroglycerin, blowing up for no reason. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
08-01-2015, 07:54 AM
(07-01-2015 05:54 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  I never claimed to be an expert on anything. I was summarizing my impression of the main differences between Christianity and Judaism. The whole point of my posting was to have a discussion and learn.

Well you said you spent a lot of time in "deep contemplation", and posted what appeared to be assertions of knowledge. The fact is the *real* historical developments of *real* historical religious sects are the subject of *real* historical examination(s). Nothing you said appeared to be "seeking knowledge".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
08-01-2015, 10:53 AM
RE: Bucky Ball.
There's alot of various theories regarding the origin of the Jesus stories - like whether or not Jesus was even real. I wasn't trying to assert anything but sum up what I felt I learned so far. If you are an expert you could start you can start by telling where I'm wrong.
09-01-2015, 11:04 AM
I think it's more germane to see if pre-Jesus the Bible predicted Jesus's resurrection from the dead and atoning death for sin. The Messiah title is not important compared to those things IMHO.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
09-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Mathew 17ish.

Peter: Hey, how come it's written that Elias will come first ... like before the Messiah?
Jesus: Well, he will... uh, I mean, he did.

Then, Peter & John & anther guy looked at each other in a wish fulfilling way and in unison said, "WHOA! John T Baptist!"

Jesus: Yabut, don't tell anyone ... for a while.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
09-01-2015, 03:06 PM
(09-01-2015 12:27 PM)kim Wrote:  Mathew 17ish.

Peter: Hey, how come it's written that Elias will come first ... like before the Messiah?
Jesus: Well, he will... uh, I mean, he did.

Then, Peter & John & anther guy looked at each other in a wish fulfilling way and in unison said, "WHOA! John T Baptist!"

Jesus: Yabut, don't tell anyone ... for a while.

Are you saying that Jesus indicating that John arriving before Him in fulfillment of Malachi's forerunner prophecy weakens Jesus's claim to Messiah-ship? Showing verses that show more Messianic prophecy strengthens the case for Jesus.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.