Did the defintion of "atheist' change?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2014, 06:45 AM
RE: Did the defintion of "atheist' change?
(10-10-2014 06:41 AM)anonymous66 Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 07:30 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It also used to mean Christians who don't belief in the Roman Pantheon.. Yes words change and Atheist has changed, in this regard, no! You're a disingenuous communicator so that's why this is an issue for you.

You are your own problem in this scenario.

If your claim that you keep running into atheists arguing jesus is a myth you said yesterday is to be believed now, it's probably because you're behaving in this way your acting here. YOU are bringing up the topic in an arrogant dishonest manner and trying to assert it is definitive... That's going to get backlash and probably the biggest reason why you are finding many atheists in disagreement with you.

I grew up in a YEC church.... I don't like seeing the same mentality among atheists (we know our experts are right, even though they disagree with an accepted field of study) that I saw in my YEC church.

Well maybe you ought to look up and realize you aren't seeing what you think you're seeing. You've made multiple threads about some guy, I have no clue who you are talking about and mostly nobody has even been going on about this one guy. You have chosen him as if he's some guy a bunch of atheists here are defending.

Then you made a claim in a thread, with a poll, about how you keep seeing atheists think Jesus wasn't real and it must be some atheist community issue. Look at that poll! More people who voted by a wide margin think Jesus existed in some manner, you are denying things straight in front of you but acting like you're in some scenario where people are against you. The people against you are doing so because you are acting in the most childish dishonest behavior I've seen here in two months.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2014, 06:45 AM
How many ways are you gonna try to skin this cat?
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
10-10-2014, 06:47 AM
Mahatma Gandhi was a great man, he went down in history, he didn't have any super powers, got killed blah blah blooming blah

just switch Gandhi with Jesus, the only difference is that we can prove that there was an actual person named Gandhi, my country gained independence because of him and there are records,photos, of him and most of all his decedents , but you have no evidence for Jesus existing let alone his supernatural bullshit
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
10-10-2014, 07:05 AM
(10-10-2014 06:39 AM)anonymous66 Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 07:57 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  It does just mean that; however, that doesn't mean that other atheists can't disagree with you on any number of subjects, up to and including the historicity of Jesus.

What about the DUMBASS atheists (hi Bucky, hi Chas) who try to tell me that I can't be an atheist because I know that a consensus of the experts in the field of ancient history accept that Jesus was a historical figure..

Should I just tell them to FUCK OFF?

I challenge you to quote me (actually quote me, not a made up lie) saying anything even remotely resembling that.

If you can't, I expect a retraction and an apology.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
10-10-2014, 07:09 AM
(10-10-2014 07:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 06:39 AM)anonymous66 Wrote:  What about the DUMBASS atheists (hi Bucky, hi Chas) who try to tell me that I can't be an atheist because I know that a consensus of the experts in the field of ancient history accept that Jesus was a historical figure..

Should I just tell them to FUCK OFF?

I challenge you to quote me (actually quote me, not a made up lie) saying anything even remotely resembling that.

screw you.. dickhead prick troll
10-10-2014, 07:10 AM
(10-10-2014 06:45 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 06:41 AM)anonymous66 Wrote:  I grew up in a YEC church.... I don't like seeing the same mentality among atheists (we know our experts are right, even though they disagree with an accepted field of study) that I saw in my YEC church.

Well maybe you ought to look up and realize you aren't seeing what you think you're seeing. You've made multiple threads about some guy, I have no clue who you are talking about and mostly nobody has even been going on about this one guy. You have chosen him as if he's some guy a bunch of atheists here are defending.

Then you made a claim in a thread, with a poll, about how you keep seeing atheists think Jesus wasn't real and it must be some atheist community issue. Look at that poll! More people who voted by a wide margin think Jesus existed in some manner, you are denying things straight in front of you but acting like you're in some scenario where people are against you. The people against you are doing so because you are acting in the most childish dishonest behavior I've seen here in two months.

I'm telling you about what happened to me in real life.. I don't like being called a liar.
10-10-2014, 07:14 AM
(10-10-2014 07:09 AM)anonymous66 Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 07:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  I challenge you to quote me (actually quote me, not a made up lie) saying anything even remotely resembling that.

You can't do it, can you. I await your retraction and apology.

10-10-2014, 07:15 AM
(10-10-2014 07:10 AM)anonymous66 Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 06:45 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Well maybe you ought to look up and realize you aren't seeing what you think you're seeing. You've made multiple threads about some guy, I have no clue who you are talking about and mostly nobody has even been going on about this one guy. You have chosen him as if he's some guy a bunch of atheists here are defending.

I'm telling you about what happened to me in real life.. I don't like being called a liar.

You have shown repeatedly that you are dishonest by posting made-up 'quotes'.

10-10-2014, 07:19 AM
(10-10-2014 07:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 07:10 AM)anonymous66 Wrote:  I'm telling you about what happened to me in real life.. I don't like being called a liar.

You have shown repeatedly that you are dishonest by posting made-up 'quotes'.

10-10-2014, 07:20 AM
(10-10-2014 07:19 AM)anonymous66 Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 07:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  You have shown repeatedly that you are dishonest by posting made-up 'quotes'.

Laughat

http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-In...0671027034

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.