Did the scientists convert to Islam?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2011, 08:55 PM

Did the scientists convert to Islam?
If you're familiar with the 'Quranic science' movement, then you're probably familiar with the single most common claim:
That famous scientists converted to Islam.

Backstory: Back in the 80's, a number of conferences were held throughout the middle east, Particularly Saudi Arabia.
The conferences were based around the claim that the Quran provides valuble scientific knowledge that no one could have known.
A number of scientists attended and soon after, waves of statements were made claiming that these scientists had converted to Islam for this reason. Claims which are continuously claimed even at present.

So the question (among many) is obvious, was this actually true?
Turns out the answer is no (not that anyone would really be shocked by that answer).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Nzw6Tuj6NRE&f...ideo_title

The video deals with the most modern article, inwhich the scientists in question were interviewed on their actual stance.
Although the information is limited, we can piece together how the events went; Essentially concluding that the central agenda was to collect sound-bites of the scientists to promote the lie that the Quran contains scientific miraculous information.

Additional:
The video intentionally left out several of the more promoted scientists, a parallel channel (a friend of mine) will soon be interviewing those scientists themselves directly. I will be sure to have the video linked when it arrives.
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2011, 09:20 PM
RE: Did the scientists convert to Islam?
Great expose - make sure to post a link to your friend's video when he puts it up.
I see quote mining isn't exclusive to creationists.

Keep up the good work.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2011, 09:23 AM
They're just pissed the world has passed them by for the last thousand years or so.

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
14-03-2011, 12:43 PM

Islam is more backwards than it's other two sister faiths in the Abrahamic trinity, because when far right conservative Fundy Muslims claim they are so, they actually practice the Fundamentals. "Honor Killings" as an example, but not an exclusive to Islam since it's also in the Christian's Bible and the Jews Holy Texts as well. It's just not referred to as honor killing/murder. And hopefully, at least as missing headlines may lead us to believe, it's not practiced either. (Though murder is, as the number of dead abortion Doctors at the hand of "pro-life" Christians, attest.)

Muslim academic forced to retract evolution claim

Usama Hasan received death threats after saying Darwinism was compatible with Islam
By Eliot Sefton
Last Updated MARCH 7, 2011

Death threats from Muslim fundamentalists have forced a British imam to retract his claim that Islam is compatible with Darwin's theory of evolution. Dr Usama Hasan, a science lecturer at Middlesex University and a fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society, caused controversy in January when he delivered a lecture at an East London Mosque entitled "Islam and the theory of evolution". (Full Article)
Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2012, 02:54 PM
All these scientists did accept Islam due to common logic and
Scientific proof that the quraan reveals evidence of facts that could not possibly have been proved 1400 years ago with out telescopes and modern day medical machinery
Atheists hearts have been sealed for there aim is to proof god does not exist,this is the plan of the devil,convincing man to not believe I'm god
If today a large box where to appear in ur room what would u assume,I mean in a room where there was nothing at all and it was sealed and u had the key,u would say some1 put in there and In no way it could have miraculously appeard,so can this perfect world
And what it contains come from nothing,god is the originator of the world,creator of time and space,therefor we cant understand what was before him,if u count from 10 down to 1,and ask ur self what is before 1,u will agree that nothing is before 1,hence god is the 1st without a beginning,read the quraan urself and decide for urslef.if u bought a television it would come with a instruction manual from the manufacture,god is our manufacture and his quraN is out instruction manual
Read it and u will be quided
If man evolved from a monkey them who created the monkey and why are monkeys not evolving,furthermore why have we stopped evolving,don't be an ape,use the brain which god has given u
18-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Yes, I approved this.

[Image: ?bb_attachments=319295&bbat=3492...amp;inline]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
18-08-2012, 04:13 PM
(18-08-2012 02:54 PM)Yusuf Wrote:  All these scientists did accept Islam due to common logic and
Scientific proof that the quraan reveals evidence of facts that could not possibly have been proved 1400 years ago with out telescopes and modern day medical machinery
Atheists hearts have been sealed for there aim is to proof god does not exist,this is the plan of the devil,convincing man to not believe I'm god
If today a large box where to appear in ur room what would u assume,I mean in a room where there was nothing at all and it was sealed and u had the key,u would say some1 put in there and In no way it could have miraculously appeard,so can this perfect world
And what it contains come from nothing,god is the originator of the world,creator of time and space,therefor we cant understand what was before him,if u count from 10 down to 1,and ask ur self what is before 1,u will agree that nothing is before 1,hence god is the 1st without a beginning,read the quraan urself and decide for urslef.if u bought a television it would come with a instruction manual from the manufacture,god is our manufacture and his quraN is out instruction manual
Read it and u will be quided
If man evolved from a monkey them who created the monkey and why are monkeys not evolving,furthermore why have we stopped evolving,don't be an ape,use the brain which god has given u

There is nothing in the Koran or the Hadiths that is scientifically interesting. If you believe otherwise, give us the evidence.
If it is not clearly worded, then don't bother. Elliptical or poetic verses that might mean something don't qualify.

We did not evolve from monkeys, we share a common ancestor. We and monkeys and everything else continue to evolve. There is ample evidence of this.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
18-08-2012, 04:15 PM
I don't even understand the point to this thread.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
18-08-2012, 04:16 PM
(18-08-2012 04:01 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yes, I approved this.

Hard to tell if this is a good start or a stumble out of the gate.Consider

I'll go with 'good' on entertainment value. But be careful, atheist eyes are watching your every move.Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-08-2012, 04:30 PM
(18-08-2012 04:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 04:01 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yes, I approved this.

Hard to tell if this is a good start or a stumble out of the gate.Consider

I'll go with 'good' on entertainment value. But be careful, atheist eyes are watching your every move.Dodgy

lol

Well... really, per the rules of the forum, the post isn't against the rules... it's just... well... you know.

The best we can do is grab some popcorn and see what happens.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]