Did the scientists convert to Islam?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2016, 08:00 PM
RE: Did the scientists convert to Islam?
Face it, Skippy. You are outclassed in scientific knowledge and/or understanding 6 ways from the origin by the worthies who are deigning to address your drivel. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2016, 10:06 PM
Quote:did you real all about quran?
did you read it even once?

Nope. Why would I waste my time doing that? I'm going to bet that you haven't read the Vedas in their original Sanskrit and for exactly the same reason.

Quote:in quran it shows that earth is not perfectly round

Chapter and verse please. Better yet, post a link. For example, the Qur'an is pretty clear about the Earth being flat. <----See? It's that easy.

WTF?!? Am I actually giving an Apologetics for Dummies course?

Quote:it shows that FE didnt originaly form in earth,

Chapter and verse?

Hardly a surprise for a people who worship a big nickel-iron meteorite. Does your scripture mention any of the other 82 stable elements? What's it got to say about Technetium and Promethium? If it mentioned either of those elements I'd at least be interested.

Quote:ever heard about Dr. Maurice Bucaille's story ?

A man widely described as the islamic equivalent of creationism and scorned by mainstream science. It doesn't sound like it has a happy ending.

Quote:if youreally didnt read quran then you are trying to attack it without knowledge

Sorry, no dice. I'm not attacking the Qur'an, I'm just refuting what you said. Given how poorly you've backed any of this up it's pretty much just been a case of "ignore the unfounded assertion." You really need to work on your game. Nobody's going to take you seriously if you can't put together a basic argument that includes the passages of the scripture you're citing. We won't take you seriously then but we'll at least know what it is you're going on about.

In other news, JRR Tolkien clearly foretold the discovery of Aluminum when he wrote of mithril.

The Prophet Tolkien Wrote:It could be beaten like copper, and polished like glass; and the Dwarves could make of it a metal, light and yet harder than tempered steel. Its beauty was like to that of common silver, but the beauty of Mithril did not tarnish or grow dim.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
05-06-2016, 10:15 PM
Why do I keep missing the good chew toys?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
06-06-2016, 03:01 AM
FYI, folks...

This is the level of ignorance we see here. Very little comprehension of what non-belief even means and parroting of 'wise' indoctrination which we've heard (dismantled and dismissed) a thousand times.

This video shows some of that but also signs of hope... it's not all bad news.

There are victims of misinformation all over the world.

06-06-2016, 06:01 AM
I don't know that the interviews given by people in the US "deep south" would be any different from what I heard from those Palestinians.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
06-06-2016, 11:29 AM
I await the day that the religious actually discover something 'new' in their holy books rather than making wild interpretations, cherry picking, and ignoring contradicting verses after the fact when science makes an advance.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
06-06-2016, 01:12 PM
(06-06-2016 03:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  There are victims of misinformation all over the world.

Very true, and always worth remembering.

... this is my signature!
06-06-2016, 02:41 PM
(05-06-2016 09:32 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 09:31 AM)dimmu.borgir Wrote:  Yea I'm skipping this one, I wanna argue with a real mind weather shows to myself I'm wrong and I continue seeking for truth or just let me know I'm right
Not arguing for winning

How can someone debate you if you cannot even use correct wording?

I call foul. Dimmu obviously speaks English as a 2nd language. Between that and spellchecker, he cannot be expected to have perfect syntax and grammar. To demand otherwise is dishonest, mean-spirited and inherently opposed to the principles of open debate.

I believe Dimmu came here with honest concerns, and should be treated accordingly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
06-06-2016, 07:47 PM
(06-06-2016 02:41 PM)jabeady Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 09:32 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  How can someone debate you if you cannot even use correct wording?

I call foul. Dimmu obviously speaks English as a 2nd language. Between that and spellchecker, he cannot be expected to have perfect syntax and grammar. To demand otherwise is dishonest, mean-spirited and inherently opposed to the principles of open debate.

I believe Dimmu came here with honest concerns, and should be treated accordingly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

(05-06-2016 12:12 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 12:04 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Dude's from North Africa so some slack cutting should be afforded, methinks.

Ok ok.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
06-06-2016, 08:29 PM
(06-06-2016 02:41 PM)jabeady Wrote:  I believe Dimmu came here with honest concerns, and should be treated accordingly.

Honestly deluded, honestly misinformed, honestly ignorant concerns.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post