Did water and organic life on earth come from asteroids?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-07-2010, 03:22 PM
RE: Did water and organic life on earth come from asteroids?
i dont expect water to have came on earth from asteroids, but amino acids did.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2010, 05:25 PM

If not from asteroids, then what other possible source was there? Fusion of oxygen and hydrogen spontaneously is still nuclear fusion. I'm no chemist, but won't this require energies too great to happen on earth?

Also, I find this series of videos to be incredibly informative on the origin of life-

http://www.youtube.com/user/cdk007#p/a/0...6QYDdgP9eg
Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2010, 07:19 PM

(27-07-2010 05:25 PM)TruthAddict Wrote:  If not from asteroids, then what other possible source was there? Fusion of oxygen and hydrogen spontaneously is still nuclear fusion. I'm no chemist, but won't this require energies too great to happen on earth?

this rock is part of a fusion that made an entire galaxy exist within the entire universe. if the rock was made with this type of fusion, why couldn't the atmosphere upon it have been made with fusion as well?
28-07-2010, 07:11 AM

Sorry, after actually thinking about it later, I realized water is a molecule, not an element, so its spontaneous creation would not require nuclear fusion. I still don't think water would form from a natural chemical reaction. All of this doesn't even consider that there was no oxygen on the early earth for water to be formed from. This oxygen came only after autotrophs evolved and began to carry out photosynthesis.

As for this "fusion" you are talking about thegirl, I do not know what you are talking about.

The asteroids and comets in our solar system are remnants from the early solar system. Basically, the junk that didn't coalesce into planets. Since the early earth and these asteroids were made of basically the same material, there probably was an equal distribution of elements among all of it. So, the stuff that did group together in the earth probably natively contained amino acids and water. As more and more "asteroids" crashed into the earth, enlarging its size, the reserves probably grew.
28-07-2010, 08:40 AM

(28-07-2010 07:11 AM)TruthAddict Wrote:  All of this doesn't even consider that there was no oxygen on the early earth for water to be formed from.

Huh where did you learn this? magma contains oxygen. the early earth was nothing but a ball of magma.

watch these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFTYl07Plww
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTVFJF38N8Q

the second one talks about the theory's of water.
28-07-2010, 06:24 PM

(28-07-2010 08:40 AM)thegirl Wrote:  
(28-07-2010 07:11 AM)TruthAddict Wrote:  All of this doesn't even consider that there was no oxygen on the early earth for water to be formed from.

Huh where did you learn this? magma contains oxygen. the early earth was nothing but a ball of magma.

watch these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFTYl07Plww
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTVFJF38N8Q

the second one talks about the theory's of water.

Sorry, I was thinking about atmospheric oxygen.
31-07-2010, 10:40 PM

There is a series on The Science Channel called Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman and one of the episodes was concerning abanogenesis. Most of it was the same predictable arguement between pansperma or essentially lightning strikes in the primordial goo, as most people would expect.

But the part that got my attention the most was a section discussing how astroids and comets, which have been found to carry very simple amino acids, react on impact if they were carrying such cargo. Experiments showed that if you crash an astroid carrying simple amino acids into a simulation of the primordial sea at a shallow enough angle to avoid the astroid evaporating upon imact, that you could form more complex amino acids as a result of the energy transfer in the impact.

So to me, it would seem that it may be a combination of the two theories. The basic building blocks were present on the early earth but needed some form of external energy to cause them to evolve to more complex polymers, which the astroid impacts provided while also adding additional essential ingrediants.
02-08-2010, 05:13 AM

As per the religious dogma all the organic life and life giving water is the contribution of god because the almighty god had created all the things within seven days. Such kinds of notion can be said metaphysical perception. On the other hand, scientists have explored the truth in different genre. The continuous micro analysis and observation of the microbiologists have worked out thousands micro creatures even in a glass of dirty water. So to escape from such health hazard the appliance like Refrigerator Filters has been invented. Whatsoever the credit can be given to the god for his giving the beautiful and creative mind for human beings.
02-08-2010, 07:02 AM
[/quote]
Sorry, I was thinking about atmospheric oxygen.
[/quote]

Atmospheric oxygen is also a molecule, not an element (It's O2, not O - pretend that 2 is in subscript form and it works. :ideaSmile. There was most likely plenty of oxygen around, though and water only requires a single Oxygen atom (hence the H2O).

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2010, 12:49 AM

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii