Did you ever use a CB radio?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2013, 02:16 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 10:24 AM by Erxomai.)
Did you ever use a CB radio?
Or, Grassy, do you still use a CB in the age of cellphones?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2013, 02:41 AM
RE: Did you ever use a CB radio?
That's a 10-4, good buddy!

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
11-05-2013, 04:32 AM
35 years ago - that was the summer I spent with my aunt and uncle and cousins. What a fun time that was.

. . . all the gods were stories we told the children to make them behave. ~ Thoros of Myr (Game of Thrones, Episode 3:06)
11-05-2013, 05:37 AM
California Sweets checking in!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-05-2013, 07:12 AM
19 a roger?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
11-05-2013, 08:33 AM
I have several boxes of replacement vaccuum tubes! Smile Does that answer your question?

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
11-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Lol! No never used them. But I distinctly remember they were the rage when I was learning how to spell.

Also a big Dukes of Hazzard fan.

"Lost Sheep to Shepherd. Lost Sheep to Shepherd. Y'all got your ears on out there?"

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
11-05-2013, 10:13 AM
(11-05-2013 08:33 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I have several boxes of replacement vaccuum tubes! Smile Does that answer your question?

Damn Sad Nevermind. That's HAM radio's. Must have watched too much Jericho a while back Tongue my bad! Or are CB's the same thing? My grandmaws old gigantic, white w/ red interior, pontiac had a CB in it. Can't picture that thing needing a vacuum tube in it. *shrugs* I don't know.

11-05-2013, 10:28 AM
(11-05-2013 10:13 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 08:33 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I have several boxes of replacement vaccuum tubes! Smile Does that answer your question?

Damn Sad Nevermind. That's HAM radio's. Must have watched too much Jericho a while back Tongue my bad! Or are CB's the same thing? My grandmaws old gigantic, white w/ red interior, pontiac had a CB in it. Can't picture that thing needing a vacuum tube in it. *shrugs* I don't know.

HAM is different. I'm not much of a techie, but Citizens Band radio was made with transistors. The thought occurred to me last night that they were all the rage in the 70s and 80s, but not so much now...I think.

My older brother was a trucker and I was fascinated by all the conversations he'd have or listening to other people talk. It was like a chat room before chat rooms existed!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
11-05-2013, 10:39 AM
(11-05-2013 10:28 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 10:13 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Damn Sad Nevermind. That's HAM radio's. Must have watched too much Jericho a while back Tongue my bad! Or are CB's the same thing? My grandmaws old gigantic, white w/ red interior, pontiac had a CB in it. Can't picture that thing needing a vacuum tube in it. *shrugs* I don't know.

HAM is different. I'm not much of a techie, but Citizens Band radio was made with transistors. The thought occurred to me last night that they were all the rage in the 70s and 80s, but not so much now...I think.

My older brother was a trucker and I was fascinated by all the conversations he'd have or listening to other people talk. It was like a chat room before chat rooms existed!

I know! One of my Uncles used to be a trucker way back. I never thought about it that way, but you're right!! It WAS like a chat room before CR's. Or like Skype, or TeamSpeak! My Uncle let me ride with him one summer, and the dirtiest nastiest trucker out there was a woman named "Bitch"!! LOL, yup; just BITCH! I'm not kidding. That was some funny shit (after I got over the initial SHOCK of the language and subject matter)!! Made me promise never to tell my dad anything I heard Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I emailed conservative radio host John Walton this morning. germanyt 15 1,067 17-05-2012 01:21 PM
Last Post: Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver
  Other critical thinking podcasts/ radio shows? Fear Culture 7 1,195 05-06-2011 01:33 AM
Last Post: daemonowner
  Public Radio Lilith Pride 2 350 13-04-2011 11:46 PM
Last Post: No J.