Did you know...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 07:11 AM
RE: Did you know...
Here's a fun panda fact for your ass.
Panda's used to be meat eaters but later evolved to eat bamboo.
As such their digestive system is design to eat meat and so this means that bamboo passes through their bodies very quickly (as opposed to say a cow that digests grass in several stomachs), thus why they eat a shit ton of bamboo.

I can't remember how many other species had evolved from eating meat back to eating vegetation but I don't believe it was very many, like 1 or 2 other species.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2014, 07:28 AM
(21-05-2014 07:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Here's a fun panda fact for your ass.
As such their digestive system is design to eat meat and so this means that bamboo passes through their bodies very quickly (as opposed to say a cow that digests grass in several stomachs), thus why they eat a shit ton of bamboo.

I can't remember how many other species had evolved from eating meat back to eating vegetation but I don't believe it was very many, like 1 or 2 other species.

Pandas are also an evolutionary dead end and were going extinct even before deforestation pushed that into overdrive. The amount of money wasted on trying to save a doomed species could have helped 50 other species that have an actual chance to survive get permanently off the endangered species list.

Oh and as to the panda's born in foreign zoos it is in the lease agreement that any Pandas born are property of China.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 8 users Like Revenant77x's post
21-05-2014, 07:29 AM
(21-05-2014 07:28 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Pandas are also an evolutionary dead end and were going extinct even before deforestation pushed that into overdrive. The amount of money wasted on trying to save a doomed species could have helped 50 other species that have an actual chance to survive get permanently off the endangered species list.

Oh and as to the panda's born in foreign zoos it is in the lease agreement that any Pandas born are property of China.

Also pandas are dicks.Dodgy

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
21-05-2014, 07:40 AM

We could be working on saving the Axolotls!
Or Tasmanian Devils. Something cool and/or actually worth a damn in the ecosystem.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-05-2014, 07:41 AM

yabut, this is China we're talking about.

[Image: oscar.png]
21-05-2014, 07:48 AM
(21-05-2014 02:30 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 02:17 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Not often.

Pandas are very fickle creatures and don't mate often.

The only reason Panda's are not extinct is because humans. Fuck 'em.
(21-05-2014 07:29 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  ...
Also pandas are dicks.Dodgy

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
21-05-2014, 08:17 AM
(21-05-2014 01:46 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Are there no pandas born in zoos?

As far as I know, it is common Chinese practice that as part of the loan agreement any Pandas born abroad be returned along with the adult ones.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
21-05-2014, 08:21 AM
(20-05-2014 09:53 PM)aurora Wrote:  [Image: kanga_zps8bc397c6.jpg]
[Image: whimsyengspoon.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes living thing's post
21-05-2014, 11:23 AM

Pandas still can eat meat. In fact they can eat a lot of things.

Bamboo is like junk food for them. It's got only a sliver of the nutrition they need, but is in abundant quantity and easy to access, so they gobble it down by the bucket.

Yes, they are nature's couch potato.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
21-05-2014, 12:11 PM
(21-05-2014 11:23 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  

Pandas still can eat meat. In fact they can eat a lot of things.

Bamboo is like junk food for them. It's got only a sliver of the nutrition they need, but is in abundant quantity and easy to access, so they gobble it down by the bucket.

Yes, they are nature's couch potato.

No wonder they are going fucking extinct.Dodgy Damn I mean I like pandas despite them being dicks every one wants to protect because its cute.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post