Did your school teach evolution in science class?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2015, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 08:02 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Did your school teach evolution in science class?
(04-01-2015 10:02 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 09:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There IS no excuse for you Gordo. It's *your* hostile response, deary, not "you're". You see deary, when you actually go to school, teacher will explain when to use "your" and "you're", (Mr. Supposed Jebus Gospel Writer". Sadcryface2 ... Laugh out load )
Now I do get that asking for a request that you address the SUBSTANCE of an argument, instead of your usual crap "reports" is considered "hostile" to your (that's a little hint for you Eddy), religious nut-jobs who actually know NOTHING about science, probability and how it actually all works, but thanks for playing, and proving you actually have no clue about what Evolution posits about the way things work.

Education actually takes work and time, L'll Eddy. You actually have to LEARN something from someone, instead of just re-writing old books and telling yourself you're one of the few who did that.

You're so small. You argued once that the term I used "couldn't care less" should have been written "could care less" and I corrected you, which of course meant nothing, but someone else corrected you, too. And somehow, you now look for every grammar error in what I write. Which means still, after all this time, in your mind, you can't live it down. That is so small.

As a writer, I can tell you that I have a problem with lots and lots of grammar issues. Your and You're I confuse all the time. It's and Its as well. MS Word grammar checks that for me, but I don't have that in here. When I edit for publication, I now have a editing guide (I use for Black Spirit Publishing) it's a checklist and it has all those kinds of words, and I go through a manuscript using the "find" feature and look at each time one of those words is used, and I check to make sure it's the right usage. But that's for publication. That's different than in here.

Writing is not an off-the-top-of-the-head activity like it is in here. Real writing is a three-step process: rough draft--revision--editing.

Now that you know that, you don't have to be concerned about grammar and spelling in a social media comment box. You don't have to live it down that you confused "could care less" and "couldn't care less." It doesn't really matter. The reason I even corrected you on it is because you attacked me (incorrectly) about it.

The reason people don't hammer people about spelling and grammar in social media is because it's throwing stones in a glass house. Do you know what that means? Throwing stones in a glass house?

You're so small. Weeping IF you had actually addressed the EVOLUTION issue, with a SUBSTANTIAL post, with scientific facts, instead of trying to deflect, you would have gotten a FAR different response. As usual, your retorts deserve nothing of substance.

It's throwing stones AT a glass house.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2015, 05:24 PM
Not to be a know-it-all, but the way I always heard it was "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

So you both garbled it a bit.

Big Grin
04-01-2015, 05:36 PM
(04-01-2015 02:19 PM)Kitty Galore Wrote:  Our family was Lutheran, but I was never given the impression that they didn't believe in evolution. I think they may have been agnostics who didn't want to come out, and just went through the motions of being religious.

I was educated in a parochial Lutheran school. They never seemed to have a problem separating religion from science.

#sigh
04-01-2015, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 08:03 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(04-01-2015 05:24 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Not to be a know-it-all, but the way I always heard it was "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

So you both garbled it a bit.

Big Grin

I kill you last.

[Image: glass-houses.png]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Growing up in Canada, evolution was taught as fact. I remember the JW kid in our class asking once if he should go wait in the coat room once. Our teacher had a sad, kind of defeated look on his face and said, "I guess if you think you should.." Then he explained it away as "a different Religous belief than we are used to." It stuck with me because it wasn't something I saw often. Even people who went to church didn't think science was evil where I'm from.

So many cats, so few good recipes.