Diddo's other dumping ground for stupid, pointless, inane bullshit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: The world is going to hell
(08-01-2015 08:37 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 08:29 PM)cactus Wrote:  Don't forget about North Korea. In some ways they're considered more of an immediate threat than Islam, though I'm sure that depends on who you ask.

The people who have to worry about North Korea are the people in Seoul. North Korea says they plan for 2015 to be "re-unification" year.

They also say nobody is hungry in North Korea so...

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
08-01-2015, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2015 09:30 PM by cactus.)
(08-01-2015 08:59 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Make up your mind hun.

That's why I used passive voice. hehe

Truth is, it's kind of hard to tell how serious of a threat NK is, because the Great Leader is so oddly erratic in his behavior. It seems like he's just putting on a show of dominance, but who knows, he might just be crazy enough to go overboard and make up an excuse to attack South Korea or Japan. Will China continue to support them in that case? I'll be optimistic and say no.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
08-01-2015, 09:37 PM
South Korea isn't some little podunk separatist country anymore. It can handle North Korea and if it can't it just cashes in it's chips with America. Japan cashes it's chips with America immediately and North Korea is again fucked.

But that isn't going to happen. North Korea is primarily supported by foreign aid from China. It's not in China's best interest to have North Korea attack anybody (They need a land buffer between their land and South Korea/ America's Staging Ground Number 1.) so they'll threaten to drop support if North Korea does.

The only military issue NK can raise (rather than being a geo-political fulcrum) are the nukes. Which they can't get very far.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
08-01-2015, 09:40 PM
Hi Diddo! Did you have a happy ebola free holiday?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-01-2015, 09:41 PM
I also heard in 2015 hamsters will take over the world so we won't have to worry Ebola or north Korea anymore.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-01-2015, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 06:41 AM by Free Thought.)
(08-01-2015 09:22 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 08:59 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Make up your mind hun.

That's why I used passive voice. hehe

Truth is, it's kind of hard to tell how serious of a threat NK is, because the Great Leader is so oddly erratic in his behavior. It seems like he's just putting on a show of dominance, but who knows, he might just be crazy enough to go overboard and make up an excuse to attack South Korea or Japan. Will China continue to support them in that case? I'll be optimistic and say no.

I'd say 'no' to both China's support and NK being a threat.

I'm sure the Chinese know that them continuing to defend North Korea in a time of war would ultimately lead to far, far more damage to them than what it would be worth. Military losses aside, their economy would take unacceptable damage thanks to blockade and trade agreements being dropping by SK's allies and their inevitable pressuring of others to drop their agreements.
It's way too much risk for the Chinese to consider allowing; the only benefit they'd get was the possible elimination of SK, which would never happen.

North Korea itself is probably a negligible threat to anything but themselves; they've got a relatively big military, but that doesn't count for squat when you don't have the infrastructure or tech to back it. A horde of poorly equipped, scarcely-nourished soldiers may not do too well against a well armed, well trained and well fed opposing force, even if that force is smaller in number.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
08-01-2015, 10:22 PM
(08-01-2015 10:09 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 09:22 PM)cactus Wrote:  That's why I used passive voice. hehe

I'd say 'no' to both China's support and NK being a threat.

I'm sure the Chinese know that them continuing to defend North Korea in a time of war would ultimately lead to far, far more damage to them than what it would be worth. Military losses aside, their economy would take unacceptable damage thanks to blockade and trade agreements being dropping by SK's allies and their inevitable pressuring of others to drop their agreements.
It's way too much risk for the Chinese to consider allowing; the only benefit they'd get was the possible elimination of SK, which would never happen.

North Korea itself is probably a negligible threat to anything but themselves; they've got a relatively big military, but that doesn't count for squat when you don't of the infrastructure or tech to back it. A horde of poorly equipped, scarcely-nourished soldiers may not do too well against a well armed, well trained and well fed opposing force, even if that force is smaller in number.

That's going to be so amazingly interesting. Seeing the influence of this ancient yet strangely *different* ("wise" ?? ) culture in the world to come.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-01-2015, 01:27 AM
(08-01-2015 08:29 PM)cactus Wrote:  Don't forget about North Korea. In some ways they're considered more of an immediate threat than Islam, though I'm sure that depends on who you ask.

The only people I've ever heard say North Korea is a bigger threat are the same people who keep chanting "Islam is peace!"

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
09-01-2015, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 02:19 AM by Tartarus Sauce.)
Didn't I already give you a damn thread to lump all your stupid ebola/apocalyptic bullshit in?

Yes, yes I did.

Why are you posting this outside of there?

[Image: giphy.gif]
09-01-2015, 02:28 AM
RE: Diddo's other dumping ground for stupid, pointless, inane bullshit
(09-01-2015 02:15 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Didn't I already give you a damn thread to lump all your stupid ebola/apocalyptic bullshit in?

Yes, yes I did.

Why are you posting this outside of there?

Because spam.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.