Didn't I used to live here?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
26-05-2013, 01:37 AM
RE: Didn't I used to live here?
(26-05-2013 12:26 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(25-05-2013 09:11 PM)bemore Wrote:  You can also see his talks on youtube.

It doesn't really grab me. There are these attempts to "scientize" spiritual phenomena, to find natural explanations for psychic phenomena, but it doesn't work. Whatever consciousness is, it is not a materialistic thing.

That which observes the material world, can't be part of the material world. The very notion is necessarily absurd.

So you've decided what's true without looking at all the evidence.... I hope you never get called to be on a jury.....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Blasphemous Ben's post
26-05-2013, 02:06 AM
This will visually explain it all.
[Image: NehnFUu.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
26-05-2013, 03:35 AM
Egor, you make the place interesting with your false, misguided ideas Smile

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
26-05-2013, 03:57 AM
"Didn't I used to live here?"

Didn't you leave and promise to not come back?

You never really left, did you.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-05-2013, 05:38 AM
Egor's forum:

[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
26-05-2013, 06:18 AM
Well if it can't be spoken about fully, explained scientifically and paradoxically exist without existing. Then I suppose there is nothing really left to talk about is there Ed regarding the subject.

I could say the divine is a pink, gay, jewish elephant that has a pandering for necrophilia and likes to be called Bernard and you can't say I'm wrong.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
26-05-2013, 07:09 AM
(25-05-2013 03:07 PM)Egor Wrote:  I'm back because a member here said he really wanted me to come back.

So, here I am...

Oh, come on, where's your sense of humor.

[Image: protest2.gif]

But in this incarnation, I'm not here to argue the existence of God. That's impossible, as impossible as arguing atheism, actually.

All I want to argue in this forum is one thing: the mind is received by the brain, not generated by it. And I think you all know the world is turning to that opinion. Yes

Whoever that idiot was, I doubt he'll have the balls to come forward and tell us why he would do such an absurd thing.

You are of no value to this forum, and the idiotic member who invited you back has no respect for the rest of the forum members.

Of course, it couldn't possibly be one of our highly-esteemed forum management team - that would be unbelievable. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-05-2013, 07:12 AM
(26-05-2013 07:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-05-2013 03:07 PM)Egor Wrote:  I'm back because a member here said he really wanted me to come back.

So, here I am...

Oh, come on, where's your sense of humor.

[Image: protest2.gif]

But in this incarnation, I'm not here to argue the existence of God. That's impossible, as impossible as arguing atheism, actually.

All I want to argue in this forum is one thing: the mind is received by the brain, not generated by it. And I think you all know the world is turning to that opinion. Yes

Whoever that idiot was, I doubt he'll have the balls to come forward and tell us why he would do such an absurd thing.

You are of no value to this forum, and the idiotic member who invited you back has no respect for the rest of the forum members.

Of course, it couldn't possibly be one of our highly-esteemed forum management team - that would be unbelievable. Drinking Beverage

Given Egor's history of 'leaving' and then coming back as if his return was important, it'd be my guess that there wasn't a person who asked him to come back.

It's just a convenient excuse to make yet another return to TTA.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
26-05-2013, 07:46 AM
(26-05-2013 07:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  Of course, it couldn't possibly be one of our highly-esteemed forum management team - that would be unbelievable. Drinking Beverage

Im gonna say one of those silly statements now but.... are you OK Chas?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
26-05-2013, 08:11 AM
(26-05-2013 07:46 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(26-05-2013 07:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  Of course, it couldn't possibly be one of our highly-esteemed forum management team - that would be unbelievable. Drinking Beverage

Im gonna say one of those silly statements now but.... are you OK Chas?

I'm fine, thank you. Why do you ask? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user