Didn't See That Coming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2017, 04:35 PM
Didn't See That Coming
Arizona psychic injured after car hit restaurant
Quote:Blair Robertson recalls the moment a white Lexus crashed through the front window of a restaurant in Canada, launching the psychic medium into the air and pinning him against a wall.

"I see my table flying up. My friend disappears behind the table. Next thing you know I'm flying in the air and then I land. ... The car grabbed my leg and pull me back down. It pinned my leg under the car in a very weird position,'' he recalled, in an interview with The Arizona Republic.

"I didn't foresee it happening."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/loca...378599001/

Facepalm
Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Rockblossom's post
15-06-2017, 11:48 PM
RE: Didn't See That Coming
[Image: psychic-fair-cancelled.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-06-2017, 12:49 AM
Didn't foresee it happening? I think joke is fitting here:

Poskrebyshev knock to the Stalin office and says: comrade Stalin some clairvoyant is here to see you. Send him to GULag says Stalin, if he really would be clairvoyant then he wouldn't come.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
16-06-2017, 01:51 AM
The problem with seeing the future is that it must be deterministic in nature. So if you see yourself getting hit by a car in the future, then that's what's going to happen. The knowledge can't save you.

If you can alter the events from your vision, then all you were seeing was one possible future out of infinitely many. That's not especially helpful. If everyone else has free will as well as you, then clearly your "prediction" can only be a best guess, and will be more and more unreliable the further into the future it is.

This reminds me of the Minority Report, where they arrest people for crimes they are "going to do". The weird thing in that film, which isn't stated, is that the police seem to be the only ones with free will and the ability to "change" the future.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post
16-06-2017, 05:43 AM
His spirit guide must have been on vacation Wink
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
16-06-2017, 09:10 AM
(15-06-2017 11:48 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: psychic-fair-cancelled.jpg]

Even more amusing than the message, to me, is that "Le petit mort" ("the little death") is a common French euphimism for orgasm. You're literally eating at a cafe called "the orgasm".

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
16-06-2017, 10:54 AM
(16-06-2017 09:10 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 11:48 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: psychic-fair-cancelled.jpg]

Even more amusing than the message, to me, is that "Le petit mort" ("the little death") is a common French euphimism for orgasm. You're literally eating at a cafe called "the orgasm".

Them French people do know how to eat.............

Blush

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post