Difficult Games That Made You Scream!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Difficult Games That Made You Scream!
One for me was Home Alone on NES. I spent so much time on that game and never could beat it. Thanks to youtube I finally saw someone else beat it many many years later.

There are so many of them I either broke or refused to ever try again, but most of them are from NES.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2014, 03:34 PM
RE: Difficult Games That Made You Scream!
Shadow of the Colossus was one that really pissed me off as a kid.

The Last of Us is a more current game that makes me want to rip my hair out.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
26-05-2014, 03:51 PM
(26-05-2014 03:34 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Shadow of the Colossus was one that really pissed me off as a kid.

I'm still slowly working through The Last of Us.

I think it's kinda hard, but I blamed that on me sucking at shooting stuff. Terrible aim.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
26-05-2014, 04:02 PM
(26-05-2014 03:51 PM)Elskidor Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 03:34 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Shadow of the Colossus was one that really pissed me off as a kid.

I'm still slowly working through The Last of Us.

I think it's kinda hard, but I blamed that on me sucking at shooting stuff. Terrible aim.

The mechanics of the game drive me insane. Plus, they map out the pissy guys almost impossible to exterminate cleanly sometimes. Then, on top of that, they want to put snipers in windows right in front of your spawn point to make you even more pissed.
26-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Just finished this one guardian angel in saints row the third. The homie would drive right next to the enemy, so that when I shot my rocket it would hit her the process.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
26-05-2014, 04:18 PM
[Image: 1049042952-00.jpg]

It is impossible to beat without cheating.

[Image: xbox_368.jpg]

The tutorial level would kick your ass.

[Image: Grinch_video_game_cover.jpg]

This one was one of the hardest 3d platformers ever. Mostly because the controls sucked. I had a save file at 100%. No cheating.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
26-05-2014, 04:21 PM

Hold on; Shadow of the Colossus was hard? When does it get difficult?

I admit, the fights with Kuromori, Dirge, Basaran and Celosia were troublesome. Kuromori was actually the first colossi to kill me if I remember correctly, but once you get a feel for their patterns and tricks they are pretty easy to dispatch.

As for my games... Dark Souls II: specifically, this motherfucker:
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
The Royal Rat Authority is a fucking arsehole. In order to active the fight, you need to agro four smaller rats which can inflict Toxic on you, which will drain your health at a ridiculous rate. And once you agro them, the big one, the actual boss comes down so you have to kill the four lesser opponents fast enough to not be caught off guard by the big one. Who does a fuck ton of damage. Even to a high defence, armour clad tank like myself; I raged so hard I gave up. Now I have better armour I might try again later.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
26-05-2014, 05:16 PM
(26-05-2014 04:21 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Hold on; Shadow of the Colossus was hard? When does it get difficult?

I admit, the fights with Kuromori, Dirge, Basaran and Celosia were troublesome. Kuromori was actually the first colossi to kill me if I remember correctly, but once you get a feel for their patterns and tricks they are pretty easy to dispatch.

As for my games... Dark Souls II: specifically, this motherfucker:
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
The Royal Rat Authority is a fucking arsehole. In order to active the fight, you need to agro four smaller rats which can inflict Toxic on you, which will drain your health at a ridiculous rate. And once you agro them, the big one, the actual boss comes down so you have to kill the four lesser opponents fast enough to not be caught off guard by the big one. Who does a fuck ton of damage. Even to a high defence, armour clad tank like myself; I raged so hard I gave up. Now I have better armour I might try again later.

I struggled with SoC when I was young. As a kid I had a lot of trouble wrapping my head around strategies and patterns in video games. I just wanted the damn shit to do what I wanted it to do, so I'd get pissed. Now playing SoC, it's pretty easy, but only because I've played it before and I'm used to it now.

My first time playing through FFX, I had so much trouble with this bitch though:

[Image: tumblr_m5viwdDXQ21qgohvyo1_1280.jpg]

Her first form is a joke. The second form is simply annoying and the transaction to the third form, and the third form itself is especially a bitch.
26-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Pretty much any of the Assassin's Creed games up to the third one.

Not that they're particularly difficult... Just that the controls and camera would often cause Ezio to jump the wrong way and miss the thing I was aiming for, or just jump into thin air and die.

So many rage quits because of stuff like that, where the camera spun round on its own and instantly reverses the controls.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
26-05-2014, 06:07 PM
(26-05-2014 05:55 PM)Sam Wrote:  Pretty much any of the Assassin's Creed games up to the third one.

Not that they're particularly difficult... Just that the controls and camera would often cause Ezio to jump the wrong way and miss the thing I was aiming for, or just jump into thin air and die.

So many rage quits because of stuff like that, where the camera spun round on its own and instantly reverses the controls.

Shit. You're at the top of a wall, cliff, or building, and all of a sudden Ezio jumps away from the building- either falling into a mass of water, dying, or taking retarded fall damage.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post