Difficult Games That Made You Scream!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2014, 11:21 PM
RE: Difficult Games That Made You Scream!
Lemmings. Ha ha!

[Image: Lemmings-Game.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
27-05-2014, 11:33 PM
That one freaking level on the force unleashed 2.
That freaking level made me return the game.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
28-05-2014, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2014 12:34 AM by EvolutionKills.)
[Image: Monster-Hunter-3-Ultimate-Wii-U-G3AR.jpg]

This game is balanced for a party of 3, but I'm a dirty American with the 3DS version that doesn't support anything but local wifi multiplayer (you can't just search for other players/lobbies online). So I'm left trying to kill massive monstrosities (some of them the size of a large building), without any backup or distractions. I play Killingfloor and Payday 2, I can handle stacked odds in a decent FPS. But MHU has tank movement controls a la' Resident Evil and simple melee combos no more complicated than Phantasy Star Online. Each weapon style has it's own strengths, weaknesses, and attack patterns. Which maybe wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the grind-tacular nature of the progression system (it's all tied to equipment crafted from monster parts, and just about every piece needs a rare 1-in-50 drop chance item that requires you to kill the same monsters over and over again). On top of that all of the missions are limited to a time limit no longer than 55 minutes, even if you are by yourself and the mission requires you to hunt down three separate boss monsters that all take over 30 minutes to take down solo. Fuck this game...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
28-05-2014, 01:16 AM
Five year old me was really upset playing Sonic the Hedgehod on the Sega Genesis.
29-05-2014, 05:18 AM
When I was a kid on my Gameboy ("Wut the hell is that?", don't worry about it, kids, move along), I could never beat "Atlantis: The Lost Empire". I could only ever get to a certain point and that was it. Then life got in the way and I lost the gameboy and that was that.

Still love the movie, though. Smile

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-05-2014, 07:53 AM
(29-05-2014 05:18 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  When I was a kid on my Gameboy ("Wut the hell is that?", don't worry about it, kids, move along), I could never beat "Atlantis: The Lost Empire". I could only ever get to a certain point and that was it. Then life got in the way and I lost the gameboy and that was that.

I grew up with a Gameboy Advanced, that was my first game console.

Atir aissom atir imon
29-05-2014, 08:12 AM
(29-05-2014 05:18 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  When I was a kid on my Gameboy ("Wut the hell is that?", don't worry about it, kids, move along), I could never beat "Atlantis: The Lost Empire". I could only ever get to a certain point and that was it. Then life got in the way and I lost the gameboy and that was that.

People still remember the game-boy... I think I either had the advanced SP or the regular. I think it was the SP because it had been released about 2003, which was when I had a game-boy. I think mine was green and that's why I like green so much.

29-05-2014, 08:44 AM
(29-05-2014 08:12 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  

People still remember the game-boy... I think I either had the advanced SP or the regular. I think it was the SP because it had been released about 2003, which was when I had a game-boy. I think mine was green and that's why I like green so much.

[Image: Gameboyline2.png]

From left to right...

Game Boy - 1989
Play it Loud Game Boy - 1995
Game Boy Pocket - 1996
Game Boy Light (Japan Only) - 1998
Game Boy Color - 1998
Game Boy Advance - 2001
Game Boy Advance SP - 2003
Game Boy Advance SP Mark II - 2005
Game Boy Micro - 2005

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
29-05-2014, 08:55 AM
[Image: tumblr_mhguopxhGX1rl04amo1_500.png]
They forgot the 2ds

29-05-2014, 01:30 PM
(29-05-2014 08:44 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 08:12 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  People still remember the game-boy... I think I either had the advanced SP or the regular. I think it was the SP because it had been released about 2003, which was when I had a game-boy. I think mine was green and that's why I like green so much.

[Image: Gameboyline2.png]

From left to right...

Game Boy - 1989
Play it Loud Game Boy - 1995
Game Boy Pocket - 1996
Game Boy Light (Japan Only) - 1998
Game Boy Color - 1998
Game Boy Advance - 2001
Game Boy Advance SP - 2003
Game Boy Advance SP Mark II - 2005
Game Boy Micro - 2005

I've still got my original Game Boy somewhere...

Only got one game left... I think its called 'Jet Ski Challenge' or something.

I miss having a handheld console... It was fun to play late at night under the bed sheets, with headphones when your parents think you're asleep.

Good times...

Damn I wish I was a kid again.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user