Difficult Games That Made You Scream!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 04:15 AM
RE: Difficult Games That Made You Scream!
(03-06-2014 09:54 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 02:03 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I have, and I like it when I have something that allows me to turn faster.

That literally makes no fucking sense.

You do know you can adjust mouse sensitivity, right?

The greater precision of the mouse comes from the fact that you can use your whole arm, hand, and fingers to precisely control where the mouse moves; as opposed to a spring loaded analog stick with a dead zone controlled by one finger.

Yeah I also like that I can control the controller much better, and the fact my controller is wireless. Also why would I need my arm? I just need my hand and finger. Also mouse with high sensitivity sucks. I don't understand mouse for shooters, no matter how many times I played it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 04:37 AM
(04-06-2014 04:15 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 09:54 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  That literally makes no fucking sense.

You do know you can adjust mouse sensitivity, right?

The greater precision of the mouse comes from the fact that you can use your whole arm, hand, and fingers to precisely control where the mouse moves; as opposed to a spring loaded analog stick with a dead zone controlled by one finger.

Yeah I also like that I can control the controller much better, and the fact my controller is wireless. Also why would I need my arm? I just need my hand and finger. Also mouse with high sensitivity sucks. I don't understand mouse for shooters, no matter how many times I played it.

Next time you use a mouse, make the conscious effort to not move your arm and see just how limited your range of motion is. You won't be able to get the mouse from one end of the mouse pad to the other. The movement and position of your hand is controlled by your forearm, which is controlled by your upper arm, with everything anchored at your shoulder's socket joint.

Mouse sensitivity is adjustable, whether low or high. Those who are skilled enough with their fine motor controls and desire the ability to spin a quick 180 (or more) in either direction without lifting their mouse will train and acclimate themselves to higher sensitivity and mouse DPI settings. A PC shooter can turn a 180 in a fraction of a second easily, whereas any console/controller setup that would allow that level of speed/sensitivity would be nearly unplayable because of the nature of the analog sticks.

A mouse is more accurate, and this really comes into play in shooters where movement affects accuracy; especially military simulators. If you watch a console shooter player, they adjust their aim almost as much with their movement as anything else. This is not conducive to playing as a sniper trying to hit a man sized target from 500 yards away with a Barrett .50 in ARMA II.

Some people will even employ gamer specific mice with on-the-fly adjustable DPI switches so that they can swap between a high sensitivity for medium range combat, and a low sensitivity for the fine adjustments required for sniping. This is also why PC-centric shooters have things like recoil and bullet spread, and often at much more realistic levels, than anything that passes for normal on the consoles; because of the limitations of the controller. If you were to see Red Orchestra or ARMA levels of recoil in Call of Duty or HALO, they would be almost unplayable with a controller.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
04-06-2014, 12:10 PM
(04-06-2014 04:37 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:15 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Yeah I also like that I can control the controller much better, and the fact my controller is wireless. Also why would I need my arm? I just need my hand and finger. Also mouse with high sensitivity sucks. I don't understand mouse for shooters, no matter how many times I played it.

Next time you use a mouse, make the conscious effort to not move your arm and see just how limited your range of motion is. You won't be able to get the mouse from one end of the mouse pad to the other. The movement and position of your hand is controlled by your forearm, which is controlled by your upper arm, with everything anchored at your shoulder's socket joint.

Mouse sensitivity is adjustable, whether low or high. Those who are skilled enough with their fine motor controls and desire the ability to spin a quick 180 (or more) in either direction without lifting their mouse will train and acclimate themselves to higher sensitivity and mouse DPI settings. A PC shooter can turn a 180 in a fraction of a second easily, whereas any console/controller setup that would allow that level of speed/sensitivity would be nearly unplayable because of the nature of the analog sticks.

A mouse is more accurate, and this really comes into play in shooters where movement affects accuracy; especially military simulators. If you watch a console shooter player, they adjust their aim almost as much with their movement as anything else. This is not conducive to playing as a sniper trying to hit a man sized target from 500 yards away with a Barrett .50 in ARMA II.

Some people will even employ gamer specific mice with on-the-fly adjustable DPI switches so that they can swap between a high sensitivity for medium range combat, and a low sensitivity for the fine adjustments required for sniping. This is also why PC-centric shooters have things like recoil and bullet spread, and often at much more realistic levels, than anything that passes for normal on the consoles; because of the limitations of the controller. If you were to see Red Orchestra or ARMA levels of recoil in Call of Duty or HALO, they would be almost unplayable with a controller.

Fuck it, to each his own. I hate the mouse for shooters, you hate the controller for shooters. I have realized that it was dumb of me to start this argument because it is all based on opinion.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
05-06-2014, 05:18 PM
(04-06-2014 12:10 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:37 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Next time you use a mouse, make the conscious effort to not move your arm and see just how limited your range of motion is. You won't be able to get the mouse from one end of the mouse pad to the other. The movement and position of your hand is controlled by your forearm, which is controlled by your upper arm, with everything anchored at your shoulder's socket joint.

Fuck it, to each his own. I hate the mouse for shooters, you hate the controller for shooters. I have realized that it was dumb of me to start this argument because it is all based on opinion.

Well... the fact is that a mouse IS more accurate for shooters than a controller.
That's not opinion, that's a fact.

What you prefer to use though is obviously opinion.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
05-06-2014, 05:28 PM
(05-06-2014 05:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 12:10 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Fuck it, to each his own. I hate the mouse for shooters, you hate the controller for shooters. I have realized that it was dumb of me to start this argument because it is all based on opinion.

Well... the fact is that a mouse IS more accurate for shooters than a controller.
That's not opinion, that's a fact.

What you prefer to use though is obviously opinion.

Yup, it is good to have different opinions. Yes

05-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Some more right than others.
06-06-2014, 12:18 PM
(05-06-2014 07:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Some more right than others.

And some that nobody cares about.

08-06-2014, 11:12 PM
According to me dark soul is the most challenging game for me among all the other games i've played till now. While playing dark soul you have to be familiar with the game, be open-minded to experimentation, discovery, and death.
In these game Software continually fights against its players, forcing them to swim upstream, suffer, and learn from their failure. But I really like this game because it feels good when I have to work too hard to clear any game.

https://www.airsoftatlanta.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes JaniceGalindo's post
08-06-2014, 11:47 PM
(06-06-2014 12:18 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 07:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Some more right than others.

And some that nobody cares about.

Bottom line, you make like your controller better for personal reasons (comfort, familiarity, etc.), but a mouse is objectively a more precise input device than a controler. See: every real-time strategy and first-person shooter ever made. For some games it's not as noticeable, and this is because of design choices within the particular game (such as HALO's and CoD's almost nonexistent recoil and use of hit-scan instead of calculating real ballistics). Take a skilled controller player up against a skilled mouse user in one of these console-centric designed shooters and the gap will be smaller because the game is designed for the limitations of the console and controller. Take both and drop them into a PC oriented shooter (Counter-Strike, Unreal Tournament, Quake III Arena, Red Orchestra, Serious Sam, Pain Killer, Brink, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, etc.), and that gap will widen significantly.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-06-2014, 10:43 PM
(08-06-2014 11:12 PM)JaniceGalindo Wrote:  According to me dark soul is the most challenging game for me among all the other games i've played till now. While playing dark soul you have to be familiar with the game, be open-minded to experimentation, discovery, and death.
In these game Software continually fights against its players, forcing them to swim upstream, suffer, and learn from their failure. But I really like this game because it feels good when I have to work too hard to clear any game.

I'm still working up the mental strength to jump back into Dark Souls.

I had a massive rage quit a few months ago and haven't picked it up since.

The problem is I've got no humanity left, and desperately need to kindle the bonfire I'm at to gain the extra health flasks I need in order to defeat the two bosses in Anor Londo.

Its way too far back to the previous bonfire, and I'll probably use up half the flasks getting back.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user